RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:17:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | I have a dead 360..... 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: I have a dead 360.....  (Read 9490 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 01:46:20 PM »

Buy a PS3? LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thats why I have 3 360's just in case one dies.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 03:44:51 PM »

...But I have 1 PS3 knowing it WON'T die Wink
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 04:30:40 PM »

My friend's PS3 actually died. Tongue

Tell me about your variants...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 04:32:01 PM »

My friend's PS3 actually died. Tongue
I've heard of other people whose PS3's "died" too. They worked fine and then one day couldn't read a single disc. Weird. Undecided
froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 05:05:58 PM »

Ha! If it weren't for microsoft screwing up so badly with red ring, sony would have retained its bonehead crown award for defective systems. I remember when, at launch, 20% of PS1s were soon to be doorstops.
I guess no matter how new and hot the technology is, it all comes down to how much the company, or the manufacturer, really cares.
Wolfman Walt
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 05:39:16 PM »

Worst comes to worst, sell it to game stop. You'll get about $40 for it, but that's better than a paper weight.

Then buy a PS3.

I don't know. Why would you waste your money on a Zelda game?

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 06:06:22 PM »

^^^Stop doing that!^^^

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 06:11:04 PM »

^^^Stop doing that!^^^
I second that.

If you want to quote someone, post what you want to say under everything else. (That would be after the last [/quote] tag)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2009, 06:15:30 PM »

^ You did it again but this time that's not your fault, it's mine.

By pressing the quote button two quote tags are being generated. But because I put one there in my explination, the forum "thought" that's where my quote ended. Errr, I hope that makes any sense. Undecided

Long story short: you did it right this time, even though it doesn't look like it. Smiley
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2009, 06:32:08 PM »

Oh bugger off you two. Also, remember that all electronics will fail sometimes, but it is the company's job to make them fail LESS QUICKLY. So cut them all some slack, after all, they are the 2 most powerful home consoles to date.

Tell me about your variants...
froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2009, 09:02:35 PM »

Oh bugger off you two. Also, remember that all electronics will fail sometimes, but it is the company's job to make them fail LESS QUICKLY. So cut them all some slack, after all, they are the 2 most powerful home consoles to date.

I understand about electronics failing at times however, I'll never cut anyone any slack if I spend a substantial amount of money only to find my system committing suicide in less than a year. It's bad business and just plain weak in my opinion.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 11:46:42 PM »

That's bullcrap, almost everyone on this site owns decade+ old systems that still run flawlessly. Yet the current generation 360 has a 30% failure rate and we're just supposed to accept it? No, it's shoddy workmanship, and that's that.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tan
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2009, 01:54:17 AM »

That's bullcrap, almost everyone on this site owns decade+ old systems that still run flawlessly. Yet the current generation 360 has a 30% failure rate and we're just supposed to accept it? No, it's shoddy workmanship, and that's that.

I won't debate whether that purely speculative 30% number is accurate or not, but regardless, it's an issue that was resolved in 2007 with a hardware revision. These stories of RRoD are less common every month as older systems are taken out of circulation. So even if that number is accurate, it no longer applies. What I find hilarious, is how Sony defenders hang onto these numbers and ride them for all they are worth. You'd think they have forgotten that Sony has released systems with unacceptable shoddy workmanship in the previous two generations. Shitty hardware or not, it doesn't prevent me from owning PS1s or PS2s. Nor will it keep a X360 out of my living room.

For what it's worth, these same retailers claimed the 40Gb PS3 had a 40% failure rate. Take from that what you will, I don't believe either statistic.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2009, 03:21:28 AM »

I didn't want to argue PS3 vs. 360 so much as I wanted to suggest we shouldn't take shoddy electronics laying down. What Rob suggests is true, sure, everything fails at some point; but from refrigerators to consoles nothing seems to last anymore.

I brought up the 360 because personally that's what I see failing left and right. The percentage is probably not correct, but it's got to be up there. I mean, of twelve people who have responded to this thread, four people said they've had their 360s RRoD, and that puts it at over 30% because I know several people who have commented don't have 360s. Of four close friends who have 360s, only one hasn't had problems with his.

But I don't remember why I'm arguing this.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2009, 03:55:11 AM »

But I don't remember why I'm arguing this.
Because it's so easy to fall into arguing this kind of thing.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length