RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:39:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Sales Extravaganza | question regaurding selling entire collection at one time 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: question regaurding selling entire collection at one time  (Read 1701 times)
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« on: December 06, 2006, 10:34:30 PM »

Do you think there is anyone on any of the video game boards that could afford to buy up a entire collection at once or would be interested . I was thinking of letting everything I have go but would want at least 45.000.00  . As far as selling piece by piece I would rather just keep everything then try to sell it that way.

Im just getting burned out having been ripped off several times in the last few months  and newbies driving the prices up 2 to 4 times more than stuff is worth.
The kicker was I went to the post office because I sent a money order which was stolen in the mail or the person cashed it and kept the money. I told the postmaster I wanted to have them track the money order. He promptly handed me a paper and said three dollars and 50 cents. Then he said after I filled out the form it would be up to me to investigate what happened to the money order. good grief whats the purpose of having postal investigators if they arent going todo anything.

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 11:11:54 PM »

Sorry to hear about your luck, It would be easier to sell if you split up your games in lots.. If I was you I would keep my stuff, cause you know in a few years you will be buying it all back..

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 08:53:33 AM »

Sorry to hear about your luck, It would be easier to sell if you split up your games in lots.. If I was you I would keep my stuff, cause you know in a few years you will be buying it all back..

I agree with two scoop. Don't let a few bad apples ruin it for you. All the noobs in collecting will get bored and the prices will come back down. If you do sell break it up so you can get more people into your stuff. With that said I would like a crack at your 2600 and CIB NES stuff Smiley

Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 10:44:56 AM »

Come on, man, persevere! Tongue Sure, you will get ripped off a couple of times (believe me, you're not the only one; $85 for a USED Pokemon Emerald I will not pay), but you can't let that drag you down.

If you ARE, however, just completely and totally sick of it all, then I, like Tynstar, would also like to take a stab at that CIB NES stuff. ;P
Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 11:43:22 AM »

Wrldstrman........Just take a break for a few months.  I'm sure the few trustworthy people that you've become friends with will keep a lookout for you.  I know I search for the boxes you need every other day or so.  Just hang in there.  Worst comes to worst, hang onto everything....it'll make you a lot more 5 years from now.

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 11:13:06 AM »

id like to have a chance to get some of your sega cd and 32x games.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 02:15:06 PM »

Just give it all to me Cheesy.  Or do what the other guys said.  KEEP IT!!!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 03:22:48 PM »

How about some encouraging words guys....We don't want to lose a guy like wrldstrman in the collecting world...He's a good guy and we need people like him around...

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 03:25:04 PM »

Don't leave man. Here is a smiley for you.

* saturn.gif (2.83 KB, 40x40 - viewed 162 times.)

Trade-N-Games
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 06:12:16 PM »

I would hang on to what you have. Pack it up in boxes and then in a year or 2 it would be fun to open them up again. As for selling at one time people with that kind of money would want it for a low offer so they could split it up and resell it.
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 02:26:13 PM »

I agree with Trade-N-Games, pack it all up and then take a break from collecting for a bit.  When you get some interest again, it'll be a lot of fun to unpack everything, and it'll save you the trouble of selling it all and then potentially buying it all back again later. Wink

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length