RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:53:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | March Retro Community Playthrough - Phantasy Star 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Print
Author Topic: March Retro Community Playthrough - Phantasy Star  (Read 32021 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2014, 02:28:47 PM »

oh right i forgot to mention that when i beat the game everyone was at level 27, and that felt like the appropriate level. the difficulty wasn't too high or too low.

Yeah, I checked and initially said I was level 25. I was actually level 23.....the ending was a "squeeker" for me. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2014, 02:32:57 PM »

oh right i forgot to mention that when i beat the game everyone was at level 27, and that felt like the appropriate level. the difficulty wasn't too high or too low.

Yeah, I checked and initially said I was level 25. I was actually level 23.....the ending was a "squeeker" for me. Smiley

wow, i can't imagine beating it at that low of a level. were you running from most of the random encounters leading up to it to save health/magic?
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2014, 02:36:08 PM »

wow, i can't imagine beating it at that low of a level. were you running from most of the random encounters leading up to it to save health/magic?

Yes, I was running from about everything in the last "major" dungeon. With an inability to regen mana and the s@$tty health upgrade that burgers provided, it a total conservation effort. Luckily, it worked out without any major grinding on my part.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2014, 02:37:44 PM »

Also..........   I R LEET

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2014, 02:39:38 PM »

Yes, I was running from about everything in the last "major" dungeon. With an inability to regen mana and the s@$tty health upgrade that burgers provided, it a total conservation effort. Luckily, it worked out without any major grinding on my part.

ya even with a full page worth of burgers it was only good for fixing up everyone once to near full health. the only enemies i regularly attempted to run from were mammoths and reapers (reapers rarely blocked my escape)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2014, 02:42:57 PM »

Sorry, too easy..........

ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2014, 03:24:44 PM »

have my party at around level 22-23 and have been to the end-fight with Lassic, but with nearly no Magic-points left i was no match...i will try to run a little bit more from fights like you suggested...think on sunday i am through with the game,too Smiley
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2014, 03:27:08 PM »

have my party at around level 22-23 and have been to the end-fight with Lassic, but with nearly no Magic-points left i was no match...i will try to run a little bit more from fights like you suggested...think on sunday i am through with the game,too Smiley

Like I said, I really eeked through the game at that level. I would suggest running, or grinding a bit to get your levels up. My understanding is that the mammoths on the ice planet give the best XP.

ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2014, 12:51:13 PM »

finished
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2014, 06:01:51 PM »

congrats!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2014, 09:01:36 PM »

Awesome Eric! Nice work.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2014, 09:28:51 AM »

And DONE Smiley with a day to spare

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2014, 09:42:11 AM »

my video of the finish Wink  I didnt know how to embed it in the post
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:16:21 PM by techwizard » Logged

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2014, 09:47:56 AM »

Finished yesterday!

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2014, 02:17:38 PM »

awesome mike and douglie! glad to see lots of people finishing it, the end can be pretty frustrating. also Douglie i fixed your link for you so it would embed properly, hope you don't mind me editing your post like that Smiley embedding doesn't like "https", make it http instead and it usually works
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length