RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:23:30 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Keeping cartridges organized. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Keeping cartridges organized.  (Read 4431 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 11:49:02 AM »

it takes too long to open the boxes to get the games out. it's much more time efficient to just have the carts on the shelves. the same goes for CD games. plus when you are not playing the game they make nice drink coasters.

I agree thats why I don't play games. Takes to long to get them out. And CD's do make great coasters.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 12:05:28 PM »

It is a pain in the ass to grab a game from the middle of the stack. And then to put it back in...... hmm

To each their own Wink

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2006, 12:18:56 PM »

Loose carts are nasty but sometimes an unfortunate evil as a lot of Nintendo stuff just cant be found with a box.

anyway back on subject i have all my stuff at the min store in some of the stacking plastic boxes, not great as you have to lift them up to get to the others over all though a lot of shelves are best.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2006, 12:42:49 PM »

It is a pain in the ass to grab a game from the middle of the stack. And then to put it back in...... hmm

To each their own Wink

what? it's the closest you'll get to playing Jenga short of actually playing Jenga. You can't deny the joy that is Jenga!

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2006, 12:44:53 PM »

And CD's do make great coasters.

especially when you set your drink on the non printed side. it makes a pretty rainbow when it's wet. PS1 games don't do that so those I just throw at the cat.

Leninboarrir
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2006, 01:16:41 AM »

Well, thanks for the feline torture suggestions, but I found a heavy-duty cardboard cabinet that we were using to store holiday decorations and threw everything in there. All of the games take up less than 50% of one drawer, and the cabinet has four. Unless my collection grows insane amounts, it should work. Thanks.
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2006, 01:41:58 AM »

CIB    IS, I repeat IS, the ONLY way to go.....I wish all my loose stuff was CIB (and someday it will be)

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2006, 10:27:45 AM »

CIB    IS, I repeat IS, the ONLY way to go.....I wish all my loose stuff was CIB (and someday it will be)

Your the best.

Cecil
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2006, 02:03:27 PM »

I use these Universal Game boxes, fits a bunch of games, and if you cut the tabs, it can fit even more. Has room for you to print out inserts and such, which I havent gotten to, but it really should look swell once its done. Its 45 bucks or something for 100 of them.

[img width=700 height=525]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Borman/100_0513.jpg[/img]

Size comparison to a Naomi cart (heh)
[img width=700 height=525]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Borman/100_0548.jpg[/img]
chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2006, 01:50:56 PM »

i only like boxes for systems with gatefold style boxes (O^2, INTV, SMS, Genesis, etc), paper boxes for the vcs, nes, snes, n64, etc arent worth keeping out, and i fold mine up and store them.

loose NES carts fit perfectly on a shelf desinged for CD Jewel cases (smooth shelf, not slotted), loose genesis, atari 2600/7800, and coleco carts fit perfectly in older cassette storage units. 
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length