RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 11:23:14 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Xbox One Discussion Thread, No Haters Allowed 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Xbox One Discussion Thread, No Haters Allowed  (Read 9063 times)
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 07:21:12 PM »

Crimson Dragon and Halo assure an Xbox One in our home at some point. Smiley

Keelah se'lai
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 07:31:49 PM »

Crimson Dragon and Halo assure an Xbox One in our home at some point. Smiley

Crimson Dragon: Side Story is fantastic on Windows Phone, but the devs broke some 1st party policies in a patch and completely screwed hardcore gamers. The update forced me to spend $25 to unlock all the skills and earn my final achievement when it was possible to do without spending money before the update. I sent numerous messages to the developers with no response about it, and Microsoft refused to acknowledge it. I wasn't about to drop a game I spent 6 months playing because of an update. Cry

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 11:27:07 AM »

Controller looks great.  Can't wait to hold one.  I know it's not a big deal for you non-PC guys, but the fact the plugging in the usb cable makes it a wired controller that will be PC compatible when the drivers come out early next year is a very big deal for me.  I'm also super excited about trigger feedback.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 11:32:40 AM »

USB cable thing existed for the original Xbox 360 Controller. Triggers will be fun though.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 11:36:17 AM »

USB cable thing existed for the original Xbox 360 Controller. Triggers will be fun though.

No it didn't, the play and charge kit was for power only, not data.  The PC would go as far as recognizing that you plugged a play and charge kit cable into it, but without the wireless receiver, you couldn't use it as a controller for PC games.

http://answers.microsoft....2f-4456-bfdd-ccbe28d58d13

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 11:43:02 AM »

Mine worked - the wireless receiver wasn't needed. Then again, I don't know if that was because I doctored with the drivers at all. Wink

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2013, 11:49:27 AM »

The controller looks fantastic.  I'd love to play a game with those triggers.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2013, 11:49:31 AM »

Mine worked - the wireless receiver wasn't needed. Then again, I don't know if that was because I doctored with the drivers at all. Wink

I dug through tons of forums a while back to find a way to get it to work and I never found anyone who figured it out.  If you did, then you are a mad scientist (which isn't out of the question).  Some folks said that the play and charge connector had 7 pins, the same as the number of connections on the wired controller so there's no reason it shouldn't work.  MS has always maintained that the play and charge only provides power.  Some have said that if you disabled/removed the rf board in the controller, it might work, but that's not a reasonable thing to ask your average customer to do.

Xbox One controller-plug any micro USB cable from the controller to the PC and it works-sounds much more realistic to me.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 09:25:34 AM »

http://www.wpcentral.com/...14-eight-european-markets

Should you reside in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, or Switzerland you'll be affected by the news. The console will now launch in 13 countries in November: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom, US, and New Zealand.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2013, 02:05:32 PM »

It's a shame for those territories, I hope they give em a good pack in game.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2013, 02:56:51 PM »

^ Yes, I'm one of the lucky countries!!!

Wait.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2013, 03:08:21 PM »

Looks like you unfortunately fell off the boat because of localization for Dutch. Blame the King.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2013, 03:11:26 PM »

Looks like you unfortunately fell off the boat because of localization for Dutch. Blame the King.

Lol, our King's family is actually French (speaking), so they probably don't give a damn about about Dutch localizations, ha! Dutch vs French is the big cause of tension in Belgium, and why it'll probably, eventually split up.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 03:12:55 PM »

Is the One even going to launch in Japan considering the appalling sales there since 2002?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 03:15:06 PM »

Is the One even going to launch in Japan considering the appalling sales there since 2002?

Right now, it's not scheduled to launch in Japan.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length