RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 12:48:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Price Check Thread 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 55 Print
Author Topic: Price Check Thread  (Read 281059 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #405 on: December 07, 2012, 10:58:53 AM »

I'm not a big sports game fan, I was just on the fence about the difference between two games included or not.  Guess I'll just go for the system only and pick up games I know I'll enjoy as I come across them.

Take a look and find out which model Sega Saturn you're looking for, should you ever choose to mod it down the line. Also, if one of the sports games is 3D Baseball, it may be worth picking up, just because it's a rare sports title (not expensive).

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #406 on: December 07, 2012, 11:09:48 AM »

Maybe someone will be familiar with this oddity.  My buddy bought a bunch of GameCube stuff from a guy, and one of the cables is a GC to VGA. It looks like a possible Japanese D Terminal cable, but the PC connector end is different than any I've seen.  He'd like me to list it on eBay for him, but I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at.  I plan to test it shortly.  Thanks guys.

<snip>

Does it look like this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D4_video_connector

It has a 15 pin VGA connector on the end, and doesn't look like that.  Well, at least I know it's not the D Terminal.  Thanks.

There aren't any official GameCube -> VGA cables. That's likely a modded D-Terminal cable, since the mod to VGA is fairly simple to perform on that cable. If that's the case, it likely came from Hong Kong, where most of those parts come from.

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #407 on: December 07, 2012, 12:20:59 PM »

Maybe someone will be familiar with this oddity.  My buddy bought a bunch of GameCube stuff from a guy, and one of the cables is a GC to VGA. It looks like a possible Japanese D Terminal cable, but the PC connector end is different than any I've seen.  He'd like me to list it on eBay for him, but I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at.  I plan to test it shortly.  Thanks guys.

<snip>

Does it look like this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D4_video_connector

It has a 15 pin VGA connector on the end, and doesn't look like that.  Well, at least I know it's not the D Terminal.  Thanks.

There aren't any official GameCube -> VGA cables. That's likely a modded D-Terminal cable, since the mod to VGA is fairly simple to perform on that cable. If that's the case, it likely came from Hong Kong, where most of those parts come from.

It could be a modded cable.  It has the Official GC logo on the other end.

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #408 on: December 09, 2012, 10:57:34 AM »

http://augusta.craigslist.org/vgm/3416379418.html

Check out that ad, a Mario Bros Arcade for $350. I am not real familiar with arcades, I was just wondering if it's a good deal.  The same seller also has a Popeye arcade for $375
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:02:12 AM by Johnny Nintendo » Logged

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #409 on: December 09, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »

i wasn't aware that was ever actually available in arcade cab form...i thought the arcade game was just the original Mario Bros. which became the mini game in SMB 3
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #410 on: December 10, 2012, 05:11:18 AM »

http://augusta.craigslist.org/vgm/3416379418.html

Check out that ad, a Mario Bros Arcade for $350. I am not real familiar with arcades, I was just wondering if it's a good deal.  The same seller also has a Popeye arcade for $375

I dont know arcade value too well at all. If the machines are in good shape I know I'd be happy with either of those machines at those prices though.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #411 on: December 10, 2012, 08:21:53 AM »

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty fair price.  Most of the time I see these around $700-$1000.  I also didn't think they made a Super Mario Bros. arcade.   Maybe it was converted.  I know the Playchoice 10 had a SMB.  I couldn't see the pics real clear, but I have never seen that marquee for the SMB arcade either.

I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #412 on: December 10, 2012, 08:57:15 AM »

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty fair price.  Most of the time I see these around $700-$1000.  I also didn't think they made a Super Mario Bros. arcade.   Maybe it was converted.  I know the Playchoice 10 had a SMB.  I couldn't see the pics real clear, but I have never seen that marquee for the SMB arcade either.

That's a VS SMB.

http://www.arcade-museum...._detail.php?game_id=10371

and you can buy it in cart form from Bunnyboy:

http://www.retrousb.com/p...ath=29&products_id=94

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #413 on: December 10, 2012, 10:08:59 AM »

Wow, it is a VS arcade.  I have heard of them, but never seen them, until now.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #414 on: December 10, 2012, 01:06:08 PM »

I would jump on Mario if you have the money.
I believe several years ago a member who has since dissapeared payed 300-350 for Popeye.

But if you are ever in a pinch and need cash or run out of space which do you think you will be able to get more for if you have to sell?
Mario that everyone everywhere wants? Or popeye?

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #415 on: December 10, 2012, 01:50:38 PM »

What is a Popeye? Just kidding, yeah I could see selling the Super Mario Bros. before Popeye.

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #416 on: December 11, 2012, 06:03:49 PM »

I remember playing the Super Mario Bros. Arcade in the Walmart lobby when I was a kid.  Spent alot of time and money on that arcade.  LOL
jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #417 on: December 13, 2012, 09:15:44 PM »

Another post inspired me to ask about this. I've been looking at a CIB Leisure Vision (the Canadian version on the Emerson Arcadia). It appears to be in reasonably good shape. It also comes with 5 CIB games of mixed condition. Those games are "Baseball", "R2D Tank", "Jump Bug", "Hobo", "Robot Killer". The guy has had a $100 price tag on it for quite some time, but I know I don't want to pay that. I'm curious to know where you guys would be willing to go on this system.

I will say that the Emerson Arcadia is on my list of consoles to target (I don't mind getting the Canadian Clone). Also, are those not some of the coolest game names ever?
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #418 on: December 13, 2012, 09:27:37 PM »

Interesting carts. Jump Bug is apparently exclusive to the Arcadia, and Robot Killer has an interesting history as well, according to Digit Press:

Description: 4k cart. 1982. One player game. Uses left side controller. Long cartridge. Unauthorized clone of the arcade game "Berzerk". When copyright problems arose, the game "Escape" became the legalized version of this game. Not released in this form in the United States. The two games may look alike at first glance, based on screenshots, but a closer look will reveal differences. Byte-for-byte, they are definitely not alike. Label art says game is by "(c) UA LTD. 1982, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED."

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #419 on: December 14, 2012, 07:37:02 PM »

Would you day 2 game boy SPs with chargers for $20 is a good price?

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 55 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length