RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:51:00 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Huge Console Collection - Pics\Details 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Huge Console Collection - Pics\Details  (Read 6838 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 04:27:01 PM »

Damn man very impressive!

I like the most that every system is available to play at any given moment though.

@ Scott read his long post.

Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 04:28:29 PM »

Speechless.  Flat out amazing!  I mean, I could identify a few of those obscure ones (very few), but just wow!

Like Tyn, my gaming collection can not rival yours in the Nintendo segment at all.  Thanks for the kudos though on the systems.  Now, if my game collection could get beefed up a bit, I would be a happy man.  I have around 800 games, but they span all these consoles, so it is hard get any one system as extensive as your's or Tyns's(monster gaming collection).

Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 04:35:42 PM »

So those are all hooked up? Where are the wires on the back?

Yes - the wires run along the back behind the wood center posts (2) for each shelving unit, and then switching the power/video switch to the selected game system.  Then, I just select the video mode from my TV, unless it is an RF connection, then I have a A/B switch set up for my cable to dictate the source (A = cable, B = game).

This was not an inexpensive propostion at all.  The extension power/video cable cost a few bucks, not to mention the power switching stations and the Pelican AV switching stations.

It is cool though  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 04:37:25 PM by marriott_guy » Logged

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 04:40:40 PM »

Cool!

The plants make it look like the Mystic Cave Zone in Sonic 2.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 05:01:22 PM »

So those are all hooked up? Where are the wires on the back?

Yes - the wires run along the back behind the wood center posts (2) for each shelving unit, and then switching the power/video switch to the selected game system.  Then, I just select the video mode from my TV, unless it is an RF connection, then I have a A/B switch set up for my cable to dictate the source (A = cable, B = game).

This was not an inexpensive propostion at all.  The extension power/video cable cost a few bucks, not to mention the power switching stations and the Pelican AV switching stations.

It is cool though  Smiley

I have been wanting to do some thing like that but I haven't got around to building it yet. All the grey shelves in my room are all made be me and my friend or dad.

@Anthony - I did I just wanted to make sure I read that right since since I didn't see any cables.

Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 06:04:35 PM »

Very nice! A great consle collection for sure.

Slowly building an ammo fort.
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2007, 07:45:32 PM »

very nice, and welcome to the boards

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2007, 11:23:18 PM »

That is so very nice.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2007, 11:29:08 PM »

Your setup is sharp and well presented.  I'm sure you will find that getting those game numbers up will be no problem compared to finding some of your rarer consoles.

it's thinking
Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2007, 05:16:34 PM »

Thanks for the welcome to the boards and the community and positive comments on the collection.  Yes - my game collection needs some attention, but I think I am going to take a little break since it took a while to get this initial set up done/working.  I like Tyn's grey shelves for the games - they can definitely hold allot of games/sizes.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2007, 11:16:33 AM »

Amazing collection of system's.  The best thing is there all hooked up.

Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2007, 05:11:33 PM »

Ghost - thanks.

For those interested, drop me an email/PM if you want the details/costs associated with the display shelving system.  As stated before, this was not an inexpensive endeavor - and no, I am not a millionaire, just a working-stiff like everyone else.  Total cost for the set up (shelving / lighting / wiring / switches / etc.) was a little under $2k (actually $1984.23 - that includes the fake greenery  Smiley ).  I tried to get a certain look/feel for displaying the systems while ensuring that I could play them at any given moment since I am at heart a 40 year old gamer (yes - I know - my lady friend says the same thing - I need to grow up someday - NOT!). 

Thanks fellow gamers for the comments and, again, for the warm welcome to your forum.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 05:01:59 AM by marriott_guy » Logged

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 09:55:58 PM »

Wow, that's an amazing collection & setup!!  How much time did it take to get it all set up & working? 

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2007, 10:58:08 AM »

Holy shit?!  Everything is hooked up?  You need to show up this setup!!  Awesome display.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2007, 11:54:25 AM »

I tried to get a certain look/feel for displaying the systems while ensuring that I could play them at any given moment since I am at heart a 40 year old gamer (yes - I know - my lady friend says the same thing - I need to grow up someday - NOT!). 

Yes, I'm not the only old guy!

Slowly building an ammo fort.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length