RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 11:42:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Street Fighter V blasts onto PS4 and PC 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Street Fighter V blasts onto PS4 and PC  (Read 3455 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« on: December 05, 2014, 05:38:51 PM »

http://www.pushsquare.com...y_onto_ps4_pc_exclusively

Those screenshots look amazing!

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 08:50:35 PM »

Looking good!

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 09:05:23 PM »

Looks awesome! I'm ready to rock n roll on some SFV!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 12:41:38 PM »

One more reason for me to go PS4!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 10:11:26 AM »

One more reason for me to go PS4!
Ah, but wouldn't ya know it....."Street Fighter V will allow PC and PS4 players to beat each other up"   Tongue

http://www.pcgamer.com/st...rs-to-beat-each-other-up/
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 07:53:57 AM »

http://www.gamespot.com/a...t-fighter-5/1100-6424100/

Not really something you can do. If someone wants to play SF5 then the only way to make amends would to be getting the rights to SF5.

I think MS acknowledging this as something they needed to apologize for is much worse PR than the news of it not being available on One was.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 08:39:01 AM »

Now Sony's throwing around money to get exclusives.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 08:51:28 AM »

Is the parity clause still a thing? Could that be to blame?

I personally don't care about Street Fighter.
While it is a big dollar franchise I don't see it as a system seller... i could of course be wrong.

I don't think the average user who owns an Xbox One is going to buy a PS4 for it.
Just like the average PS4 user wouldn't have gone out and bought a One if it was a MS exclusive.

Either way both systems need more exclusives. Good for sony for stepping up. Having 95% of the libraries cross platform doesn't impress me.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 09:34:06 AM »

Is the parity clause still a thing? Could that be to blame?

I personally don't care about Street Fighter.
While it is a big dollar franchise I don't see it as a system seller... i could of course be wrong.

I don't think the average user who owns an Xbox One is going to buy a PS4 for it.
Just like the average PS4 user wouldn't have gone out and bought a One if it was a MS exclusive.

Either way both systems need more exclusives. Good for sony for stepping up. Having 95% of the libraries cross platform doesn't impress me.

Nearly all the competitive scene for Street Fighter IV was on the 360. While it wont move millions of consoles it should net them a few hundred thousand easy sales from those guys. And as far as fighting games goes Street Fighter is definitely one of the most accessible to casual players so its an easy buy for anyone that already owns the system and wants to bust some skulls. Seems like a good grab for Sony.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 01:19:35 PM »

I assumed Sony would have lead the charge on the tourney scene... 360 controller is really not so hot with the floating dpad for fighters...

A bit of research and SF4 got initial release when 360 was still leading the way in console sales though(roughly 2x as many). I'm guessing Capcom had the "cross platform" option with GFWL and 360. But GFWL is gone and Steam and Sony are teamed up now (sorta... right? I'm wrong again aren't i?)

Bit more research and when SF5 comes out it is likely that the PS4 will be enjoying the same kind of dominant market share that the 360 when SF4 came out.

I still just see it as a 60$ game people buy for the 400$+ system the own. Not a 60$game people buy a 400$+ console to play.
Super Smash Bros on the other hand makes me wish i had the money for it and a Wii U right now Tongue

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 02:06:08 PM »

I assumed Sony would have lead the charge on the tourney scene... 360 controller is really not so hot with the floating dpad for fighters...

A bit of research and SF4 got initial release when 360 was still leading the way in console sales though(roughly 2x as many). I'm guessing Capcom had the "cross platform" option with GFWL and 360. But GFWL is gone and Steam and Sony are teamed up now (sorta... right? I'm wrong again aren't i?)

Bit more research and when SF5 comes out it is likely that the PS4 will be enjoying the same kind of dominant market share that the 360 when SF4 came out.

I still just see it as a 60$ game people buy for the 400$+ system the own. Not a 60$game people buy a 400$+ console to play.
Super Smash Bros on the other hand makes me wish i had the money for it and a Wii U right now Tongue

Thats true for most people. But if you are a competitive gamer SF is a tournament staple. Definitely something you'd need to own the required system for if you want to compete.

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 02:26:06 PM »

Street Fighter is second in my household only to MvC 2 & 3. I personally don't like the Xbox 360's d-pad at all and I can't play with a stick. So I guess PS4 exclusive is great for me haha. Now I just need Tomb Raider to not be Xbox exclusive Sad
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 09:24:52 AM »

I will definitely buy a PS4 (or gaming PC) solely for SFV and I think there are PLENTY of people who will do the same. I don't look at my Xbox360 as a video game console. To me, it's a "USF4 and Netflix machine".

I can't play with a stick.
Yes you can.

I thought I would never be good with a stick and I tried to fight it. I bought one in July and I was GOD AWFUL for 2 months. I had such a frustration built up...it was like my brain and nervous system were fighting against my hands and fingers. But after a lot of training and failures, it's become second nature. Now, using a regular controller to play a fighting game is like using an old school push mower to mow your lawn.

I can't recommend an arcade stick enough. Not only would you eventually be better at fighting games overall, but I think it's more fun. There is a reason why nearly every high-level player uses a stick. The only ones I can think of who use a controller off the top of my head are BrolyLegs (because he's handicapped) and Snakeeyez (because he mains Zangief and he doesn't want his opponent to hear him mashing out SPD's)

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 09:28:09 AM by JerryGreenwood » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length