RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 03:03:46 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Phantasy Star Universe 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Phantasy Star Universe  (Read 7633 times)
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2006, 01:03:50 PM »

The beta testing / demo play has been extended from October 18th until October 21st. So dont delete that file from your 360 hard drive just yet Wink

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2006, 03:47:42 PM »

So for those of you that have played the PSU online Beta test, what are your thoughts about the game?

Is it worth buying?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2006, 06:27:35 PM »

I will be getting it tomorrow. It is a lot more in depth then PSO and will be lots of fun to play.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2006, 08:48:59 AM »

So for those of you that have played the PSU online Beta test, what are your thoughts about the game?

Is it worth buying?

If you played PSO, then you will love it (IMO)

But PSU has 2 different game types entirely. Online, which is like an MMO. Except you can only get into a party as high as 6.

And offline, which is like an action RPG which follows a storyline which involves the main character. (Ethan)

The 9.95 a month to play it is pretty fair as far as monthly MMO cost goes. The only down side to getting the 360 version, is that you cant play with the PC and PS2 owners. Where as the PC and PS2 owners can play the game together since they are on the same server.

Of course in my opinion, the PS2/PC server have a higher chance of being hacked first. (if this sort of thing cocerns you)

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2006, 11:47:34 AM »

|\|07 7h3 H4xx0r2!!!!!

Is this game massively massive or minorly massive what? I guess I could read the review somewhere but I have work to do.

When shall his new form be revealed?
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2006, 11:21:41 AM »

Finally got my copy (Thanks Scott)

Freaking awesome!

And to answer your question, it is massive in the sense that there are a ton of people around you in the cities, but you can only bring upto 6 people on your missions. (and you will only see those 6 in the mission)

Hope that answers your question.

Tan
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2006, 03:04:30 PM »

so how's the singleplayer quest so far?
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2006, 10:36:54 AM »

so how's the singleplayer quest so far?

To be honest, I haven't even touched it  :embarassed:
I'm sure I will check it out on a Thursday night while the server maintenance is going on. Tongue

chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2006, 08:04:27 AM »

the single player is ok (way better than PSO), but im am getting more and more tired of japanese rpg cliches.  once again, the main character is a teenage boy, with a bitter streak, dead parents, and has trouble waking up in the morning
Tan
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2006, 11:00:27 AM »

the single player is ok (way better than PSO), but im am getting more and more tired of japanese rpg cliches.  once again, the main character is a teenage boy, with a bitter streak, dead parents, and has trouble waking up in the morning

laugh all he needs now is a beautiful girl who is way out of his league and finds his teenage angst emo self irresistable.

i enjoyed PSO even offline so i think i may pick this one up as well, i beat FF8 and i don't think any character could be as full of self-loathing as Squall Lionheart  Tongue
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2006, 12:25:01 PM »

I'm just wondering why no one's reviewed this game yet...ANYWHERE! I'm already seeing reviews for FF12, but not a word on PSU.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2006, 12:55:57 PM »

I'm just wondering why no one's reviewed this game yet...ANYWHERE! I'm already seeing reviews for FF12, but not a word on PSU.

That's becuase everybody is too busy playing it  Wink

Seriously..... If my writing skills were not sub par, I would write up a review. Well that and I haven't been online much at all lately.  Sad

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2006, 01:44:16 PM »

I guess that's a good sign.

I must admit I'm more curious about the offline Campaign rather than the online.

chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2006, 08:52:14 AM »

laugh all he needs now is a beautiful girl who is way out of his league and finds his teenage angst emo self irresistable.

covered, in chapter 2, you meet your instructor, a badass newman with street smarts, that whips your innocent ass into shape
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2006, 01:02:59 PM »

Seriously..... If my writing skills were not sub par, I would write up a review. Well that and I haven't been online much at all lately.  Sad

Write one up and I can ask Kari to edit it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length