RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:34:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Sales Extravaganza | The Holy Grail of a SEGA Saturn Collection 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: The Holy Grail of a SEGA Saturn Collection  (Read 6717 times)
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 06:05:44 AM »

Hi Izret, yeah I been away for a little while, although lost track of just how long.
MK2 for that Saturn is wicked, because their is virtually no loading apart from Shang Tsung morphing.
The only disappointment is that it doesn't say the characters names when you select them.

Hopefully I won't have to break it down, but only time will tell.

If you decide to split it up please put it on here first. It's much easier for me to buy off an Australian than going on Ebay. ^_^

Selling local is always good, it saves a LOT on postage, especially when you offer free shipping  Cheesy

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 06:18:13 AM »

Yea Tsung load times and i thought load times for the fatalities and such???

Oh yea UMK3 aswell Wink

But like you said hopefully you don't have to break it up.
If i had 5k and some odd dollars to play with i would pick it up Smiley

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 03:56:18 PM »

SCAN & SUBMIT EVERYTHING BEFORE IT SELLS!!!!
Wink

I second that!

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 04:07:02 PM »

Shang Tsung was the only really notable loading, but that's because it pauses game play haha.

I better get scanning tonight sine there is a bit to do.
Any one know what games have already been done?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 04:20:45 PM »

I am not sure what games have been scanned. I would say a lot of the PAL games but they might be under the old size of 450 pixels on the short side. We now do 550 on the short side. So the older ones could be replaced.

Lenneth
N-Gage
Australia

Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 06:03:41 AM »

If you decide to split it up please put it on here first. It's much easier for me to buy off an Australian than going on Ebay. ^_^

Selling local is always good, it saves a LOT on postage, especially when you offer free shipping  Cheesy

Yes and it's a shorter distance (so you know it's arrived sooner) and theres no ebay commission fees or paypal withdrawal fees for you if you decide to sell on here. xD
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 08:03:19 AM »

You can do a image search. It will tell you what games have images already and which specific scans they need to make that title complete. As for games that don't have any images is beyond me; though, I'm sure there is a way to find out.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 06:49:06 PM »

Shang Tsung was the only really notable loading, but that's because it pauses game play haha.

I better get scanning tonight sine there is a bit to do.
To find out what games currently have images and what doesnt is actualy very simple. At the top is the link "submit".  At the bottem of the menu that should appear when you highlight it is "submit images".  Once you click that, it will take you to a screen that has "submit game image" as well as "submit hardware image".  Ignore the hardware one and just click the game one.  Once you've dont that, it will take you to another screen that'll show you a screen with a number of fields.  The first one "title" is not important at the moment, so ignore it.  The next is "console" which you should select the saturn from.  The next is "region" which will allow you to select which you want.  As your games are from all 3 of the major releases for the system, you can select Europe, Japan, or North America as needed.  All the fields after that are not important.  Once you hit the search button you'll see every game for that region as well as what games have pictures available, what ones dont, as well as what ones are only partialy covered (ie has front but no back, has disc but no manual).

There's no way I'm aware of to display everything on the same screen using this search so you'll still have to go thru each page.  Atleast this way you can find out what does and does not have images already in the database.

If you find any titles currently not in the database though, then they need to be submited for aproval.  If posible, please try to include all details pertaining the game such as parts numbers and such.  It would be greatly apreciated as it would help us speed things up so we were able to get it into the database quickly.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Tan
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 07:45:11 PM »

You've got yourself some free publicity:

Joystiq Post
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 07:50:57 PM »

You've got yourself some free publicity:

Joystiq Post

That's awesome! Wonder how much his auction viewed number went up?

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2007, 02:49:46 AM »

I'll give this a few attempts first. But if all else fails I may have to break it down.
9 watches so far, and was hoping this would make a bigger splash since it's only 50 games shy of a complete PAL collection, something I have never seen on eBay in all my years using it.

I think it definitely had an effect. 22 watches this morning before I went to work, and now 32 when I just checked. I may have to drop Kyle Orland a thank you if it goes for more because of this. Also thank you Tan for sharing the link  Grin

Tan
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 09:11:01 AM »

I'll give this a few attempts first. But if all else fails I may have to break it down.
9 watches so far, and was hoping this would make a bigger splash since it's only 50 games shy of a complete PAL collection, something I have never seen on eBay in all my years using it.

I think it definitely had an effect. 22 watches this morning before I went to work, and now 32 when I just checked. I may have to drop Kyle Orland a thank you if it goes for more because of this. Also thank you Tan for sharing the link  Grin

Thank you for linking to us in your auction, RFGen can use the publicity as well and maybe we got a few more hits ut of it.   Smiley
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007, 06:00:04 PM »

Ah, you noticed Cheesy
I'm hoping we may even get some new members out of it. Smiley
I believe that Joystiq Post did the trick, plus the fact there is just one day to go.
41 watches at present.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2007, 06:35:19 PM »

Just in, a message I got sent on eBay amazingly enough had nothing to do with just wanting to buy some games of my collection separately this time. Here it is below:
Quote from: loathsome_leopard
Hi, Would you be willing to be interviewed about your collection, and what led you to sell it? I'm a freelance journalist looking to put together a feature on large-scale eBay sales -- let me know. Cheers, Alex Kidman www.alexkidman.com

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2007, 05:54:39 AM »

New link
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws...tem&item=300122127596

Will me making over a $4000 loss be enough to sell it?....
Probably not, but if I set my RF Gen collection to all games for sale, and sold them separately this was instead of over 200 separate eBay auctions, how well, and how much of it do people think it would sell on here alone?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length