RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:07:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What Books have you purchased recently? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: What Books have you purchased recently?  (Read 119010 times)
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #180 on: January 07, 2014, 04:19:36 PM »

I'll take the Robotech books.

Beat me to it.

Actually, I have the second one buried somewhere.

I had a limited-edition Carl Macek-signed slipcased hardcover edition of the third art book that I paid about ten bucks for, then sold online a couple years later for over a hundy. The buyer was local, and we arranged a pickup at the junior college I was attending at the time.

Anyhoo, if you did indeed shell out $0.99 for each one, that's one of the best book deals I've ever seen...
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #181 on: January 07, 2014, 04:34:14 PM »

Beat me to it.

I had a limited-edition Carl Macek-signed slipcased hardcover edition of the third art book that I paid about ten bucks for, then sold online a couple years later for over a hundy. The buyer was local, and we arranged a pickup at the junior college I was attending at the time.

Anyhoo, if you did indeed shell out $0.99 for each one, that's one of the best book deals I've ever seen...

Yeah, it looks like the hardcovers are still going for big bucks. But, these softcovers aren't bad prices either, just highly inconsistent and with a crazy range. Not too much supply, but demand seems to be there on some days, with nothing on others.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #182 on: January 08, 2014, 12:44:39 AM »

Beat me to it.

Yeah, it looks like the hardcovers are still going for big bucks.

Seeing as how Macek passed away a few years back, I wouldn't be surprised. Nothing like death to push up the values of collectibles. Just ask the folks running the estate of Elvis Presley, they'll tell ya.

But, these softcovers aren't bad prices either, just highly inconsistent and with a crazy range. Not too much supply, but demand seems to be there on some days, with nothing on others.

The second art book is usually the least valuable, most likely because (1) it has the least pages of the three by far, and (2) it's mostly fan art, rather than original sketches by the shows' designers.
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2014, 06:38:06 PM »

Got this for $.45 because it was half-off book day at Goodwill.

It has some funny moments

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2014, 06:48:58 PM »

That's sound logic there.

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2014, 07:06:19 PM »

That's sound logic there.

In deed, this revelation might save some lives.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2014, 11:57:38 AM »

[img width=700 height=535]http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy233/Tynstar/Finds/ForgottenRealms.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=702]http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy233/Tynstar/Finds/Dragonlance.jpg[/img]

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2014, 04:27:24 PM »

ROFL. With the number of those books I pick up, I'm still missing most of those.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2014, 05:39:33 PM »

What books?

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2014, 02:35:39 AM »

picked up a handful of books today. softcover original art style The Road by Cormac McCarthy to replace my pocketbook movie cover version, The Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce, Finnegans Wake by James Joyce (totally not ready for this one), and The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2014, 12:07:06 PM »

What books?

Pretty sure I'm missing:
Ghost King
Pirate King
Downshadow
Murder in Cormyr
Storm of the Dead
Ascendency of the Last
Spirit of the Wind
The Dragons of Krynn (HOW DO I NOT HAVE THIS?! THIS BOOK IS ONE OF THE FIRST POSTERS I BOUGHT MY WIFE WHEN WE STARTED DATING AFTER I FOUND OUT SHE WAS A DRAGONLANCE FAN!)
Bertrem's Guide to the Age of Mortals
Amber and Iron
The Forest King

...as I said, most of them. Wink 11/13
I lost my list of books when I reformatted my PC to bring performance back to par and install Windows 8.1. I'll put it back together today or tomorrow - supposedly, there's a library sale in my town today.

EDIT: Woop woop! Found out I was smart and uploaded it to Google Docs before formatting. I R SMRT.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:10:03 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2014, 12:35:29 PM »

Man I spent a lot of time reading Dragonlance books.

Never got into Forgotten Realms as much. Read a few of the first Drizzt trilogy but that was about it.

I finished Ready Player One. It got a little sappy, and I envisioned a more poignent ending, but the nerd culture was cool, and the world was well crafted, and plug me into the Oasis right meow plz.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #192 on: January 25, 2014, 01:05:15 PM »

Man I spent a lot of time reading Dragonlance books.

Never got into Forgotten Realms as much. Read a few of the first Drizzt trilogy but that was about it.

I finished Ready Player One. It got a little sappy, and I envisioned a more poignent ending, but the nerd culture was cool, and the world was well crafted, and plug me into the Oasis right meow plz.

I've got a copy of that at home that I need to read thanks to Deadman.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #193 on: January 25, 2014, 04:37:24 PM »

[img width=572 height=381]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/TMNTBooks_zpsee4d6513.jpg[/img]

After reading many of the original, fairly violent Eastman & Laird TMNT comics, my interest in the pussified kidvid nonsense that followed on the boob tube and the silver screen waned considerably. My preference for the comics deepened when I found out that it started as a tribute to and satire of Frank Miller's run on Daredevil, which was among my favorite Miller works. Eastman and Laird even tied the turtles' and Splinter's origin to that of Daredevil. It was heavily implied in one of the above volumes' flashback sequences that the canister of radioactive waste that mutated the terrapin quartet and their rodent sensei was the same one that blinded young Matt Murdock and gave him his funky hyper-senses.

What I wouldn't have given to see a TMNT flick based on the original comics, a hard-R-rated actioner with all of the ridiculous over-the-top violence and social satire that an in-his-prime Paul Verhoeven would have almost certainly delivered.

Sigh... if only.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #194 on: February 20, 2014, 07:49:44 PM »

Hey now,

I found this at the Goodwill near work today:

[img width=548 height=538]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/AmosAndyBook_zps7140eaf8.jpg[/img]

I've always wanted to read up on the history of and controversy behind what I consider the funniest sit-com of TV's golden age, as well as its radio predecessor. Oh, I suppose I could use that newfangled "internet" thingamajibber to research the deal. But where's the fun in that?

Acting as a bookmark was a San Francisco Muni bus transfer pass, coincidentally dated on my birthday. The year's not printed on it, though.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length