RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:42:07 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | So close... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: So close...  (Read 1070 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« on: September 22, 2007, 08:08:38 PM »

I stopped at a garage sale and in the driveway was a ton of old computer equipment.  My eyes immediately caught a small box with 3 or 4 factory sealed Atari computer games, I start looking at them and am just about to ask how much they were when a guy comes from behind and says he just bought that box.  I offered to buy them from him but he wouldn't sell.  So I start looking in another box and then he says that he bought ALL OF IT.  There was everything from CIB Commodores to Ataris to MACs along with tons of accessories and other stuff that was in boxes that I could imagine what was in them.  I know the asshole didn't pay more than $25 for it all.  To make it worse, he kept saying to himself "I don't know what I'm going to do with this stuff but it sure was a deal".  So he'll probably take it home, put it in his garage where it will get rained on, mice will chew it up and he'll either throw it away or take it to the flea market and attempt to sell it for hundreds. 

If I had gotten there just 15 minutes earlier, I could have saved all that stuff and given it a good home Cry

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 08:30:47 PM »

That really sucks. But at least you don't have all the junk know. Or watch Ebay and Craig's list to see if he sells it.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 07:59:07 PM »

God, that sucks.  I know the feeling.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 04:27:08 AM »

I've been there.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length