RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:10:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | I bought a nintendo 64 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I bought a nintendo 64  (Read 6601 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: September 24, 2004, 05:21:55 AM »

I don't really know why, but I decided to give the Nintendo64 a second try.
For a little over 50 euros I got:
Boxed Nintendo 64
Boxed Controller pack
Beetle Adventure racing (complete)
Pokemon Snap (complete)
Fifa 99 (complete)
V-Rally (complete)
Topgear overdrive (complete)
Mario 64 (loose)

Unfortunately the controller has the famous limp stick, so I have to see if I can change it for a good one. Otherwise I'll have to buy a new one.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 07:15:02 AM »

Thats pretty good usually to get complete games like that they are 10-20 a piece. Where did you get it?
And is Top Gear any good?

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 07:36:07 AM »

I got it off some guy I contacted through ebay. The auction wasn't on ebay though.
I haven't tried top gear yet.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 11:36:21 AM »

not too shabby. though I must say I'm surprised, I don't recall you ever having anything nice to say about the N64.

I'll bet it was the inclusion of Pokemon Snap that sealed the deal right?

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 11:42:16 AM »

Nope, the 3 racegames were what got me interested. And I felt like buying a new console after selling my supergun. To fill up the empty space it left behind in the cabinet.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 09:41:38 PM »

Super Mario 64 is hands down one of the greatest games ever made.  I remember renting Beetle Adventure Racing one weekend years ago when it was new, and thinking it was cool, but I never did buy it.  N64 really is a cool console that is vastly underrated, but you all already knew that was my opinion.

I can't quite picture you (Mark) playing Mario Kart, but if you do like those, Diddy Kong Racing is worth checking out.  Banjo-Kazooie is a great platformer (cough ripoff cough) much like Super Mario 64, if you like that game.

N64 can be a great system for four-player games, but that's only if you know enough people near where you live that like games, and you have to have four countrollers, not to mention a few four-player games.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2004, 02:06:22 AM »

So far I don't even have one decent controller, nor do I know someone who's interested in playing Nintendo 64 games.

I'm looking for some more serious racegames. Any suggestions?
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2004, 08:38:10 AM »

There are probably as many non-serious racing games on N64 as serious ones.  Automobili Lamborghini is supposedly pretty good.  There are also a few F1 games, though I haven't really played them.  I played GT64 a lot, and I thought it was pretty cool.  It got mediocre reviews in most magazines, but I played it until there was nothing I hadn't done in it.  If you can pick that one up cheap, it might be worth checking out.  Oh, there are two NASCAR games, but I'm guessing you're not too big on those.  I owned one of them for a short while and it was good....  for a NASCAR game.  I don't know a thing about Ridge Racer 64, but you may want to look into that.

I know more about the non-serious N64 racers to be honest.  Do you like any high-speed racers?  If so, definitely check out Extreme-G.  The sequel is pretty decent too.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length