RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:59:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Console checklist ideas... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Console checklist ideas...  (Read 4574 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 03:35:46 PM »

Pandora was strictly an open-based Linux handheld, and the Canoo had no games released for it.

It was my understanding that the Caanoo didn't have physical media released, but there were games released digitally for it like Asura Cross?

KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 03:57:38 PM »

True dat.  I also remembered an SD card being bundled with some of the Caanoos.

[img width=250 height=250]http://cdn103.iofferphoto.com/img/item/513/899/043/l_8fl3new-caanoo-sd-memory-card-4gb-1ea-for-caanoo-gp2x-game.jpg[/img]

So, technically that can be considered a physical release, right?
EDIT:  After a little looking into, I found that the card had nothing pre installed but rather seperate codes that came with the handheld could be claimed for downloadable games on FunGP.  In theory, any SD card could be used. 

EDIT:  I was a GamePark enthusiast for a really long time.  The obscure game collector in me couldn't resist the cool design and vibrant colors of the GP32.  It didn't hurt that the games were for the most part exclusives and had unique box designs.  It would have been cool to have seen more releases, but when the company split the half that did want to continue commercial ventures never made anything passed the prototype stages (XGP).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:45:56 AM by KidA » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length