RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:41:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 199267 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 11:51:20 PM »

Just started my Warcraft raid for tonight and a bunch of key members couldn't come on, so we're just going to do practice pulls.  Practice pulls, for those of you not in the know, basically means "You ain't killing shit and we're just going to die repeatedly".  The next 3 hours are going to be balls.

...and why are you bothering with that tonight? You just want to practice dying?

things like this are why i could never get into WoW. i enjoyed it as a game, but hated the lengths that were required to go to get to any of the real big fights and more interesting parts of the game. that and subscription fees for a single game are stupid.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 12:23:08 AM »

Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters - think i am halfway through it. Really not as bad as i was expecting. Cheesy

Halo 4 - been playing everything over and over for myself and to help others. It never ends Cry

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2013, 03:31:40 AM »

Starcraft Brood War - finished mission 4 of zerg campaign, almost done! i should be finished in time for HotS
Battlefield 3 (PC) - MVP for the first 3 rounds in a 40+ person server, i was really on my game tonight Cheesy

also bought Dear Esther on steam a few minutes ago with the OST. it was on sale at 75% off, i haven't seen much about it beyond a trailer but it looks really good.

edit: just finished playing through Dear Esther already, it's really short (45 minutes to an hour). i really enjoyed it, it's one of those games that's definitely more of an experience than a traditional game. the story and music are amazing, really emotional. visually it's stunning, which is impressive for an old engine like source. the gameplay is simple, essentially the only interaction is exploration, you can only walk and look around. the story unfolds as you explore the island you're on. i'd definitely recommend this to people who like these sort of games, but it's not for everyone.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 05:24:15 AM by techwizard » Logged
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2013, 10:33:59 AM »

Earthworm Jim HD (WP7) - I have died over 70 times so far on Buttville and still haven't made it to the boss yet  Undecided

EDIT: Ok....again, popped the achievement for beating the game on Original difficulty, without actually beating the boss...what a glitchy game! Is this a know problem?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:51:12 AM by Link41 » Logged

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2013, 10:54:17 AM »

Starcraft Brood War - finished mission 4 of zerg campaign, almost done! i should be finished in time for HotS
Battlefield 3 (PC) - MVP for the first 3 rounds in a 40+ person server, i was really on my game tonight Cheesy

also bought Dear Esther on steam a few minutes ago with the OST. it was on sale at 75% off, i haven't seen much about it beyond a trailer but it looks really good.

edit: just finished playing through Dear Esther already, it's really short (45 minutes to an hour). i really enjoyed it, it's one of those games that's definitely more of an experience than a traditional game. the story and music are amazing, really emotional. visually it's stunning, which is impressive for an old engine like source. the gameplay is simple, essentially the only interaction is exploration, you can only walk and look around. the story unfolds as you explore the island you're on. i'd definitely recommend this to people who like these sort of games, but it's not for everyone.

I really should get back to Battlefield 3 on console some time. It's hilarious how 2 people can dictate how a full 32-person team behaves. Vehicle team FTW. It's probably gotten more competitive now, but I used to take the Bird with a backup Engineer and stomp entire teams into the ground. The only time I would die would be if a rocket went through the canopy, in which case my backup mechanic would attempt to switch and float it low enough until I could respawn. Think my record was 100+ kills on a Capture match.

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2013, 01:42:48 PM »

Finally started playing Full Throttle for the PC last night.  I've been doing a lot of reorganizing and waiting for a huge media shelf to arrive, but it's time to delve into the game that a few members seemed very excited to see on the boards. 

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2013, 03:21:21 PM »

I really should get back to Battlefield 3 on console some time. It's hilarious how 2 people can dictate how a full 32-person team behaves. Vehicle team FTW. It's probably gotten more competitive now, but I used to take the Bird with a backup Engineer and stomp entire teams into the ground. The only time I would die would be if a rocket went through the canopy, in which case my backup mechanic would attempt to switch and float it low enough until I could respawn. Think my record was 100+ kills on a Capture match.

it's too bad you don't have it for PC otherwise we could play together sometime. it's also much better on pc, like for example i've heard consoles only have 1 jet per team (don't know first hand if this is true), whereas pc has 2. and the possible 64 man servers make it a lot more interesting than console.
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2013, 03:21:35 PM »

Etrian Odessy III.

Planning a replay of Metroid Prime soon. Hopefully I can figure out why people love this series so much this time...
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2013, 03:23:33 PM »

Etrian Odessy III.

Planning a replay of Metroid Prime soon. Hopefully I can figure out why people love this series so much this time...

what's not to love? it's a semi open world first person platformer that actually works well, with awesome weapons and a decent story if you read all the chozo lore and pirate logs. also dat music.
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2013, 04:19:19 PM »

Etrian Odessy III.

what's not to love? it's a semi open world first person platformer that actually works well, with awesome weapons and a decent story if you read all the chozo lore and pirate logs. also dat music.

It's alright but aside the humorous pirate log or two there's just nothing all that memorable for me. I can't look back on a specific moment in that game and say "Aw Yeah! That was awesome!." The platforming was decent but that and the action all seemed a bit too slow IMO. Metroid might not be know for fast action but if I had to backtrack in Fusion, Zero Mission, or Super Metroid I could do it decently quickly.

The first time I played it though I used a guide. This time I'm going to go into it with just me and try and limit any other distractions to see if I can really get lost in the game.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2013, 04:26:53 PM »

it's too bad you don't have it for PC otherwise we could play together sometime. it's also much better on pc, like for example i've heard consoles only have 1 jet per team (don't know first hand if this is true), whereas pc has 2. and the possible 64 man servers make it a lot more interesting than console.

Nope, I've seen 2 jets and a Cobra on one of the original maps.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2013, 07:49:44 PM »

Nope, I've seen 2 jets and a Cobra on one of the original maps.

oh ok well that's good. what about the player limit though, consoles usually have much smaller servers.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2013, 07:54:40 PM »

Got back into Skyrim...le sigh

When shall his new form be revealed?
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2013, 02:31:07 AM »

Played Ghouls N Ghosts for the genesis tonight for like 5 hours and beat it... on practice mode. The game was still plenty of a challenge aside from the last boss, which I managed to run in, jump in his face and fire for a few seconds before he went down all without getting hit. I may try it on professional mode soon but only if there's a special ending added or something like that.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2013, 06:35:02 PM »

3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) - Still making my way to the Desert Temple.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length