RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:08:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Hardest system to complete? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Hardest system to complete?  (Read 6581 times)
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 06:46:03 AM »

I'm gonna have to say either PS1, PS2, or CD-i.

Volume doesn't mean it is hard.

Indeed, most of the time when you find PS and PS2 games, they're usually complete, and though there are alot of rare/scare PS and PS2 titles I doubt many of them are as hard to get ahold of as some of the older boxed cartridge titles. Plus from what I've seen, alot of the PS titles go for close to nothing.

I recently got a Famicom Disk System, as some of you know, and I've discovered that collecting games for these things is very VERY frustrating. It only had about a two year life span, but having to sort through an enormous amount of bootlegs, and not being able to read Japanese, makes it pretty difficult.
Most of the Fami Disks you find are not complete, and only come as sleeve and game, and Nintendo had there own Disk Writing units put into stores in Japan, and had it set up to where you could copy over a game with a new one, which makes it even more difficult to get a genuine title. Some of the games were ONLY released on the Disk Writing units. Also the info on Famicom Disk system games is lacking to say the least. I'd say having a CIB FDS library would be a real feat.
Your not kidding on this one.  The more I dig the more I begin to worry about getting into this system.  From what I've found there were less then 250 games released for it and they came in two colors (yellow and blue) with only 6 documented as being blue.  You look to have found a great deal more info on it then me though.  Being the Miho Nakayama fan that I am I should get the system if only for the game that has her on the cover, but one game is not easy to justify the purchase of two aditional systems.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Dev1anc3
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 11:13:52 AM »

[Your not kidding on this one.  The more I dig the more I begin to worry about getting into this system.  From what I've found there were less then 250 games released for it and they came in two colors (yellow and blue) with only 6 documented as being blue.  You look to have found a great deal more info on it then me though.  Being the Miho Nakayama fan that I am I should get the system if only for the game that has her on the cover, but one game is not easy to justify the purchase of two aditional systems.

Yeah, I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I purchased one for sure. I got 38 games with it, and only one was complete, and 7 of them are blue. One of them being the title with Miho on a phone on the front cover, but it's not complete of course. I also have one black official Fami Disk that has "Super Mario" written on it, so there are black discs out there as well, yet I've never seen or heard anything about the black disks anywhere. The FDS I got didn't work, so I'm waiting on another to arrive, and then maybe I can figure out what some of these games are, and if they even match the titles on the front...   that is if they even work, as the disk are known to be erased very easily.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 09:56:31 PM »

RDI Halcyon maybe.

Man, I totaly thought of this one at work today. I was going to bring it up first. Sheesh.   Smiley
nester
Sega 32X

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 08:39:19 PM »

Hmm, they all seem pretty hard to me. I guess it mostly depends on how much you want to spend. It seems that every system has a couple of really expensive games. I mean, Jaguar has a small library but I don't know if I'll ever be able to pay 100 dollars for Air Cars.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 11:10:26 AM »

Hmm, they all seem pretty hard to me. I guess it mostly depends on how much you want to spend. It seems that every system has a couple of really expensive games. I mean, Jaguar has a small library but I don't know if I'll ever be able to pay 100 dollars for Air Cars.

Tower II, Iron Soldier II (I think on both of those) and Battle Sphere and Battle Sphere Gold.

nester
Sega 32X

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007, 12:01:06 PM »

Well I'm not counting the post-Jaguar Jaguar releases. Then it really starts to get expensive. Although you can get 2 Battle Sphere Golds for the price of one PS3.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007, 01:00:39 PM »

Are Iron Soldier II and Towers II post releases?

Kevincal
Donor
United States
Awards: RFG Promoter

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 01:26:32 AM »

Neo Geo AES has gotta win this.  A bunch of games costing over $500...

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.
DarthKur
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2007, 04:12:44 PM »

I have to say the most difficult would be the Atari 2600. There's just so many super rare titles and like was previously pointed out above, even if you have money to burn you need to find them and then convince the current owner of it to sell. The really scarce ones come up available so rarely. Like the copy of Pepsi Invaders (Coke Wins) that just sold on Ebay for $1,500. I've seen repro's on there but never a proven original.
There's also a mint CIB copy of Video Life on there right now. Those are ultra rare and it's the first one like that I've ever seen. Anyone have the five grand for the "Buy It Now" that he's asking?   speechless  I sure don't.

Here's a link to it in case anyone wants to see what these look like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VIDEO...Z4315QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The world has moved on and left me behind. Therefore I choose to retreat into the past.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2007, 07:39:59 PM »

That seller has some nice stuff in his collection. That Video Life is going for so much since it is NIB.

wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 03:30:09 AM »

although not as hard as the 2600  the nes isnt exactally easy to collect for..few nes items are harder to find then one would think..especially some of the boxes and manuals to common games prove to be very hard to track down

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
s1lence
Resident Achievement Guru
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 08:56:39 PM »

I'm going to say Neo geo AES, the cost alone makes it tough.

The next I would say is TG-16, the games are hard to find in the wild and the cost of some of the games are crazy.

PS1 isn't that hard to collect for but its getting harder as most stores don't carry the games anymore.
shadowforte
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2007, 04:28:47 PM »

I am going to have to say PS1-PS2.  I would love to have a complete PS2 collection, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.
nester
Sega 32X

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 01:10:33 AM »

Are Iron Soldier II and Towers II post releases?

No, they made it in just under the wire, although all of those later Telegames releases are expensive. I was mostly refering to the Songbird Productions games and of course Battelsphere. They really bring up the overall price of a complete Jaguar collection.
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 08:26:04 AM »

2600 for sure. It never gets boring collecting for this system, I'm still having a blast. =)

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length