RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:33:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | What systems you do not like to collect? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: What systems you do not like to collect?  (Read 5318 times)
Atarian75
Sega 32X
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 07:53:48 AM »

I don't collect for classic computers like C64 and TI99 etc. I don't collect for PC. For some reason I haven't gotten into Intellivision or Odyssey 2 or Game Gear. Everything else is fair game.

-Atarian75

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 09:17:20 PM »

I don't collect PC at all.  I do pick up some Xbox games, but I really don't want them.  I hate buying DC and PS1 games because most of the time they are incomplete, scratched, and dirty, but I usually buy them anyway Smiley.  I pretty much pick up anything I find, as long as I don't have it.
ApolloBoy
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 03:20:58 PM »

I try to avoid collecting for the Neo-Geo AES and MVS as much as possible. Don't get me wrong, I really like a lot of games for those two (the Metal Slug series being a big example), but the Neo-Geo scene is just far too expensive for me.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=ApolloBoy[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 01:02:44 PM »

For me is was computer based systems and anything loose. Now a days I only collect for the Xbox 360.

Samamo
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 03:16:35 AM »

I don't buy PC games usually. I don't like gaming on the PC and my current PC is awful. Only games I "collect" are genesis games. use to for the PS2, selling some of them off. I do have a GB/DS/GBA/360/PS2 that I buy games for but im not as passionate about them. And I guess I don't collect PS1 games that I could be playing on the PS2. Crack too easy and just not really interesting IMO.   
Moriya Hanzo
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 06:10:49 PM »

I don't consider a PC a video game "system"

Tan
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 07:53:59 PM »

I don't consider a PC a video game "system"

Because you can surf the web, listen to tunes, watch movies and videos or chat with friends through IM or voice? If the Wii, X360 and PS3 had Word/Open Office installed you'd hardly tell the difference because they do all of the above already. Hell even the DS and PSP fit into that category. Also Linux, PS2 and PS3 are like peas in a pod these days.

Couple that with the fact both the X360 and PS3 can be upgraded and many people are playing PC games on LCD televisions, a "non-system" argument for PC would be splitting hairs.  Smiley
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 08:09:03 AM »

I pass up PSX, PS2, SNES, Sega CD, Dreamcast. I don't own any of the Playstations or a Dreamcast. I tend to pass up on any Sega Genesis games that aren't CIB. Sometimes I'll see a great game that I'm missing loose and keep on walking. I never understood why people threw these cases out. If anything, take the game out and put the case and manual in storage. I don't mind buying loose games for my favorite systems, though I'd prefer to find them complete.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 08:22:48 AM »

I don't own any of the Playstations or a Dreamcast.
Big mistake in my opinion. Tongue
ApolloBoy
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2009, 11:22:21 PM »

As well as passing up SNES stuff. You don't know what you're missing... Tongue

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=ApolloBoy[/img]
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2009, 07:28:37 AM »

I agree with both of you. I'm sure I will be kicking myself in the butt sometime down the road; however, I used to own a Dreamcast & It's one he77 of a system. I just need to concentrate my collecting to Atari, NES & N64. I slowed down picking up Sega Genesis titles for the moment. Once I'm finished and satisfied, I will start on other systems. I couldn't tell you what games are worth picking up for the SNES if my life depended on it, but I have plenty of time to do research before that time comes. Cool

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 07:32:46 AM »

I agree with ApolloBoy,how can you pass on the best 16-bit system? I couldn't even imagine my game collection without SNES in it Smiley

I have an okay selection of SNES titles. Most of all the popular ones. Plus M.A.C.S. There are only a few SNES games that I'm looking for at this time.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2009, 11:08:33 AM »

I guess I'll have to go with PC as well. I can't say I don't like collecting for PC. I do have several games and do pick them up occasionally. For me it's an availabilty/completeness issue. When I'm out hitting the thrifts there are ALWAYS several PC games available. Most of the time they are just loose disks or at best still have just the jewel case. Very rarely are the manuals or boxes still there. With the variety of packaging for PC games it's hard to know what's missing.

I don't mind a loose cart (sorry Scott) but not CD's.

gamepopper101
Sega 32X
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2009, 09:32:37 AM »

I would like to collect failed systems because of how bad they were, we all know how great the 2600, NES, SNES, Mega Drive, Playstation (1 and 2), N64 and what not are.

However, I would like to collect games for a system that I know many games I would like, which is why I wouldn't go for a Xbox 360 or PS3 nowadays, since out of all the retail games you can buy for it I'm only interested in about 3 for each system, while I have almost 15 games for the Wii that I like.

I will be posting until I get to Sega CD level, because I want to Cheesy
Gamefan
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 07:01:13 PM »

I do not collect nor will I ever collect for the PC. I prefer to spend money on "real" game systems/games.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length