RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 11:22:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 303 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1326634 times)
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1605 on: May 17, 2016, 08:37:06 AM »

@ReddMcKnight: Happy Birthday! We'd all love to hear some impressions on the Elite controller.

Really? Alrighty...

Let's start with the bad, and note that this is all my opinion. Others will likely feel different. First, I'm not too fond of the Rubber Feel of it, but that's just because I don't like touching this kind of material. Second, the 2 different D-Pads it comes with are both metal, and that feels a bit odd too. Not as bad as the rubber, but still weird. Next, there's the lack of Color on the thing. Not even the Letter Buttons are they're traditional colors, which could cause problems for people who see a button prompt on-screen, then look down at they're controller.

Now for the good: Those damn'd Paddle Triggers on the back of the controller can be removed, as I quickly found that they got in my way. It's for this same reason that I hate the Steam Controller, which has a similar "feature", but that's a different story. The controller comes with 3 different Analog Sticks you can equip it with, which is really nice. One pair is rather long, which feels good for people with huge hands, like myself. As I mentioned before, it has two different D-Pads, one in the traditional Cross Shape, and another in a Circular Shape. I personally like the Cross Design better, but I think some gamers (especially those who are skilled at fighters) will like the Circular one. As for response time, I can see a slight, but noticeable improvement, as I play more than my fair share of games with QTEs and ones where "Frame Data" matters. It also comes with what I call a "Netted Cable" to connect it to PCs or directly to your X1. "Netted Cable" means a Cable where the wire has a Net Texture, like a Bug-Catching Net or something. Despite this, it feels really sturdy, even though it's kind of thin. Not as thin as an X1 Headset's Cord, but still thin.

Overall, I really like this controller, and I REALLY like how it has a switch right on the front to change the control scheme. I got it for 100 with my Birthday Money, since the box was open. It's normally 150. That said, is it awesome? Yes. Is it 150 US Dollars awesome? Ehhhh...not really. If you can find it for 100 though, it's pretty much worth it.

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1606 on: May 17, 2016, 09:08:17 AM »

@ReddMcKnight: Thanks for the review. Judging from your review I'll wait until I can find one for cheap and stick with my regular X1 controller for now.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1607 on: May 17, 2016, 12:00:26 PM »

I love the Indiana Jones Life, Addicted.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1608 on: May 18, 2016, 11:52:03 AM »

@Shaggy: Thanks! I hope to play at the next game night.  Smiley

My Duo came back from having its caps replaced... and a little modification.. RGB!

The video connector on a DUO ( 5 pin ) can be swapped out with an 8 pin + internal RGB amp. This means you can use RGB or composite without modifying the case.

[img width=700 height=525]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/cisco678/RF/pcstuff_zps6pzrx2d1.jpg[/img]

The Ys IV intro looks incredible.

[img width=700 height=525]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/cisco678/RF/ys4-1_zpsd4nxpnkj.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=525]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/cisco678/RF/darm_zps6dwywvnl.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=525]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/cisco678/RF/adol_zpsde8u3r6n.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:02:13 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1609 on: May 18, 2016, 03:01:24 PM »

How much did that cost, Addict?

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1610 on: May 18, 2016, 03:08:20 PM »

This isn't technically a find but I "found" this when boxing my video game stuff at my parents.  I can't find the dang manual, though.  I know I have it.  I also found my Turbo Duo that I couldn't find!  I may have more to post later on...

[img width=700 height=525]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/cvanderhoef/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160516_0948004_rewind.jpg[/img]

SMS set complete!
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1611 on: May 18, 2016, 03:15:04 PM »

Damn, man, that looks real.  You must have a pretty sweet printer Wink

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1612 on: May 18, 2016, 03:56:26 PM »

More sealed UMD videos from Poundland!
[img width=512 height=288]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll222/mumboking/Photos/Games/DSC_1111.jpg[/img]
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1613 on: May 18, 2016, 06:37:53 PM »

RGB looking great Addicted. Might have to do that at some point.

@Shaggy: That box is purdy.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1614 on: May 18, 2016, 07:08:32 PM »

@Shaggy: Total cost was around $160 and that included shipping and a RGB cable. Great looking Earthbound box!

If anyone is interested you can contact this guy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1...geName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

He's in the Midwest.. same state as Duke so shipping shouldn't be too bad. He answered a lot of questions I had and gives a 90 day warranty on his work.

He might make a great guest on the Collectorcast....

@Duke: You know you need RGB.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1615 on: May 18, 2016, 09:19:46 PM »

Perhaps at some point. I'm still amazed at how good even composite looks on a PVM.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1616 on: May 19, 2016, 07:35:39 AM »

Damn, man, that looks real.  You must have a pretty sweet printer Wink
@Shaggy: Total cost was around $160 and that included shipping and a RGB cable. Great looking Earthbound box!

Thanks guys.  Seeing I'm off because of my surgery I've been going to my parents to consolidate boxes and get all my video game stuff together at my parents so I knew I had this from back when I got my SNES in '94/'95.  The box is 10/10 I would say, cart 10/10, strategy guide is 7/10 (looks like some water damage  in the back of the guide but the "postcards" are still intact in the guide).  Now I'm wondering if this came with a manual because I can find all my other SNES manuals and this wasn't in it.  Man, you guys should see the stuff I found.  I found a few NIB genesis games among a lot better items.  I found the Turbo Duo but sadly I cannot find the games nor some of my Turbo games, GB games, NES games and a few other items.  Man, I should have never moved out.  I knew where everything was!  I may have more to post soon...

SMS set complete!
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1617 on: May 19, 2016, 12:28:06 PM »

Damn, man, that looks real.  You must have a pretty sweet printer Wink

Thanks guys.  Seeing I'm off because of my surgery I've been going to my parents to consolidate boxes and get all my video game stuff together at my parents so I knew I had this from back when I got my SNES in '94/'95.  The box is 10/10 I would say, cart 10/10, strategy guide is 7/10 (looks like some water damage  in the back of the guide but the "postcards" are still intact in the guide).  Now I'm wondering if this came with a manual because I can find all my other SNES manuals and this wasn't in it.  Man, you guys should see the stuff I found.  I found a few NIB genesis games among a lot better items.  I found the Turbo Duo but sadly I cannot find the games nor some of my Turbo games, GB games, NES games and a few other items.  Man, I should have never moved out.  I knew where everything was!  I may have more to post soon...

I'm pretty jealous of that box. I have the game and guide, but no box. Maybe some day.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1618 on: May 20, 2016, 12:47:11 PM »

Havent been going to thrifts for a while.  Went the last 2 days trying to find something for a friend and I end up finding 2 cool things for myself.

First is a Sharp 25" Tube TV.  This is way more exciting that it sounds.  Sharp 25" tubes are drop in replacements for WG K7000 arcade monitors.  Got myself a spare arcade monitor tube for $12

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/IPSCMSN.jpg[/img]

The second item is one I've been on the lookout for.  Need a Wii Pro controller to play the copy of Xenoblade Chronicles that Crabby gave me last year.  Now I'm good to go.  Just need to get through Dark Souls then it's onto Xenoblade.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/bfKCY9u.jpg[/img]

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1619 on: May 20, 2016, 12:51:44 PM »

@wildbil52: Nice! I have heard of people using computer monitors as well. It's getting harder and harder to even find CRTs around here.

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 303 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length