RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 11:22:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Mega Man 2 & 3 - Retro Playthrough - June 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man 2 & 3 - Retro Playthrough - June 2015  (Read 35655 times)
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2015, 04:01:08 PM »

thanks @MetalFRO  One of my friends bought it and he gave me the guys email. I think he was on NintendoAge. I think it was like $35.

I def love me the Snake Man music.

I have been taking notes down with each stage so I will share later what I got so far.

Now your playing with power!
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2015, 10:06:23 PM »

ugghhh so stuck on Snake Man's stage. Blast. I have been bouncing between NES, GameCube and Sega playing. Whats good is the passwords work on NES & GameCube. The Sega has a save system so.

Here are some of my notes I jotted down

MegaMan III thoughts

Magnet Man stage: those darn disappearing blocks. Took me 3 times to beat him

Hard Man stage: DAMN BEES!!!! Got my first E tank.Found out if you die and go back you can keep getting the same E tank over and over.  Took me 2 trys to beat him

Top Man stage: Ughh that darn Robot Cat.Took 1 try to beat him. The hard man buster really hurts him

Shadow Man stage:. I like the part where the screen goes black and its like your in space. The parachute goes were a pain in the butt.

More notes to be added

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2015, 10:23:26 AM »

Maybe it's because I've been playing Mega Man 3 off and on for a number of years, but most of that stuff doesn't bother me.  Except for the bees!  You're absolutely right about that.  Those are the equivalent of the egg drop enemy from MM2's Airman stage, but MORE EVIL!  Unless you have a weapon you can quickly take them out with, like the Magnet Missile or something, you WILL take damage.  Those kinds of cheap moments do make it frustrating.

The robot cat doesn't take that many Mega Buster blasts to take down, and once you get to where you can jump over (or slide under) the yarn balls, you'll be in good shape.  Best to take him out quickly before the fleas make an appearance, though.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2015, 01:20:18 PM »

Good tips. Finally beat snake man and the other bosses. Onto the revisited bosses. Now I'm stuck again. Killed new magnet man but died trying to slide to the pit of spikes you fall down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2015, 07:52:50 AM »

Hard Man stage: DAMN BEES!!!!

There is virtually no way to avoid getting hit by those DAMN BEES!!!! You gotta run away a good deal and give yourself some space, but it's not even worth it at that point.
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2015, 07:58:38 AM »

Here's what I've completed so far...

MM2 (n) - completed with no e-tanks and no weapons used
MM2 (d) - up to Wily's castle with no e-tanks and no weapons used
MM3 - completed with no e-tanks used

I'll say it again - MM3 is impossible to beat with no e-tanks AND no weapons. Try and beat Wood Man or Air Man without e-tanks or weapons. I DARE YOU!!!
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #156 on: June 20, 2015, 11:41:31 AM »

Managed to play MM2 up at Crabby's on Monday. Was some dude not even on RF Gen that beat it though, so I don't count it as a win. Going to try and get these two done before the end of the month, but looking tough now that I have started playing Witcher III.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2015, 05:24:31 PM »

Yeah I'm stuck on air man in mega man 3. Maybe I'll fire up MegaMan 2 tomorrow and try and get that done.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2015, 11:04:56 PM »

I finally got some time to sit down with MM3. Top Man, Magnet Man, Shadow Man, and Snake Man down, in that order. I'm playing via the Xbox version of the Anniversary Collection. Anyone else playing this version? The sound emulation seems a bit dodgy to me, specifically when you get a large life or energy fill, the sound is more high pitched and shrill than I remember. Also, some of the other sounds are just, off.  Another thing - in the Snake Man stage, I was knocked off the elevation platforms by the floating platforms that come up out of them, a couple times when I was standing almost dead center on the platform, as if I was too far over and the rising platform bumped me off. Has anyone playing the NES cart experienced that?

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2015, 12:31:52 AM »

I don't recall getting knocked off those platforms while being dead center on them, but I did get knocked off a couple of times while standing a little closer to the edge.  I ended up just using Rush Jet to get through that part.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2015, 09:36:59 AM »

I finally got some time to sit down with MM3. Top Man, Magnet Man, Shadow Man, and Snake Man down, in that order. I'm playing via the Xbox version of the Anniversary Collection. Anyone else playing this version? The sound emulation seems a bit dodgy to me, specifically when you get a large life or energy fill, the sound is more high pitched and shrill than I remember. Also, some of the other sounds are just, off.  Another thing - in the Snake Man stage, I was knocked off the elevation platforms by the floating platforms that come up out of them, a couple times when I was standing almost dead center on the platform, as if I was too far over and the rising platform bumped me off. Has anyone playing the NES cart experienced that?

Yes, this happens in the NES version as well. It seems to be a similar problem to the floating platforms in the original Mega Man, where sometimes you go right through them. I get around this by always jumping right before the platform exits the tower, and you will land on it fine. The knocking off seems to happen when it exits the tower and hits your sprite.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #161 on: June 22, 2015, 06:36:20 AM »

I gotta give Capcom some credit with the password system. They basically pioneered passwords for action/side-scrollers. Passwords were still kind of a new thing when MM2 came out. Kid Icarus, Deadly Towers, and Metroid had them, but I can't think of too many other games.

It really makes these games playable if you only have 20 minutes to spare.
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #162 on: June 22, 2015, 03:00:48 PM »

It also helped big time back in the day when you rented those games and only had them for the weekend. If it was a save file than it got erased. At least this way you could pick up where you left off

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2015, 08:32:15 AM »

It also helped big time back in the day when you rented those games and only had them for the weekend. If it was a save file than it got erased. At least this way you could pick up where you left off

That's a great point, I really never thought of it that way.

Seems like everyone is enjoying this month's playthrough. It's nice to read all the posts on this thread.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #164 on: June 23, 2015, 02:53:41 PM »

Oh, here's a big one that I've been meaning to ask...

On the MM3 stage select screen, does anyone else have a slight graphical glitch near Shadow Man? I remember playing an emulator years ago and it was like this and I just figured it was because of the emulator. But my MM3 cart does this too. Is this the way it is for every MM3 cart?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length