RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:52:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | June Community Playthrough-16 bit Disney 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: June Community Playthrough-16 bit Disney  (Read 24468 times)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2013, 10:26:58 PM »

Lmao that was kind of the idea behind my name to begin with

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2013, 09:24:18 AM »

I'm stuck on Goof Troop, but not on a puzzle. I'm in the pirate ship, I have a silver key and a grappling hook, but I don't know where to go. I feel like I've explored every room, killed every enemy, checked for cracks in the wall, but I'm not seeing a silver padlock or a place to use my hook. I'll try again tonight. I WILL NOT BE STUMPED BY A DISNEY GAME! (don't help me, I'll figure it out) Smiley

In other news, Aladdin on Genesis is coming along nicely. However, there are tons of secrets I'm missing...
This game is so Earthworm Jim.
Extra lives and gems just out of reach, I've only played 1 Abu stage, etc. Very Earthworm Jim, along with the vast stages of going up, down, left and right and tons of ammo/apples to collect. I wonder how to say "groovy" in Arabic...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:38:06 AM by Dezorian » Logged
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2013, 11:39:34 AM »

Keep at it Dezorian. You'll figure it out soon enough.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2013, 08:32:26 PM »

Played through Aladdin on the Genesis yesterday. Its probably been about 4 years or so since I popped it in. Was significantly easier than I remembered too. Didn't loose a life until the escape from the Cave of Wonders and beat it without having to resort to any continues. I wasn't aware there was a secret ending for getting all the red gems though so I might have to give that a try. Does that include the gems you can win in the slot machine between levels? Also how many Abu stages are there? I think I played and beat 2 of them. One very early (and freaking long, they make you dodge barrels forever) and one in the cave of wonders. I'm pretty sure I beat the game in less than 45 minutes though so I got one of three achievements so far!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2013, 09:27:35 PM »

I beat the carpet ride without losing a single life.  The damn boulder stage before that kept owning me. I can't beat the Abu stages either, I'm always in the wrong place at the wrong time

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2013, 11:37:20 PM »

A little late to the party but I just beat Goof Troop with a friend (who had never beaten an SNES game). We had loads of fun.

I'll start Lion King on Tuesday. Kind of disappointed that I couldn't track down a copy of Aladdin in time, it sounds pretty good.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2013, 08:12:41 AM »

A little late to the party but I just beat Goof Troop with a friend (who had never beaten an SNES game). We had loads of fun.

I'll start Lion King on Tuesday. Kind of disappointed that I couldn't track down a copy of Aladdin in time, it sounds pretty good.

Congrats on beating Goof Troop! The last level is a pain. It took me 45 minutes to complete.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2013, 08:27:59 AM »

It took use a little over an hour because there were moments when we stocked up on health. I really loved the puzzles in the last level. Very fun game.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2013, 05:26:14 PM »

I've gotten further in the last level in Goof Troop but now I'm stuck again (ship wheel puzzle). I'm thinking the game is twice as easy with a friend if you can use your partner as a block stopper.

Aladdin (Genesis) is giving me way more problems than I anticipated. The boulder level gave me fits. I cruise through the carpet ride however. I made it into the Genie's Lamp with only a few lives but rushed a few jumps. I'll get it next time...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:29:30 PM by Dezorian » Logged
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2013, 02:36:35 PM »

In Goof Troop you can't use the second player to stop blocks. It'd be nice, but then the puzzles wouldn't be so puzzling. The blocks move in set paths and only turn at right angles. The longest way is the fastest and you have two star tiles and four blocks, so two of them are used to guide the other two. Those are my hints.

As for Aladdin... The Genesis one is supposedly the harder version. Don't lose hope, you'll get it.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2013, 01:00:13 PM »

I completed Aladdin on Genesis yesterday. It was difficult, but with practice, it becomes pretty easy. I beat it with only one continue. One strange thing that happened, I hit the last rock on the carpet ride, it went to the KO sequence, but I also completed the level. Not sure if this happens all the time.

I had a lot of fun playing it. Good level design, nice variety with gameplay, atmosphere (the genie level was imaginative), lots of replay value with the Abu stages and gem collection. I don't mind the lack of bosses because the levels were so rich. The Jafar battle was pretty unique.

I MIGHT have found a little secret...
During the bonus "slot machine" round, I've found that when you hit on an item, the next slot will be Jafar and the slot after that will be the same item you landed on the first time.

i.e. - On the first stage bonus round, I hit a gem, then skipped a slot (Jafar), and hit another gem. I did this at least 7 times in a row. I did this on every level - getting apples, lives, and gems - and it worked for the entire game except for once near the end. So it's not a flawless secret, but it worked a lot better than trying to time it by eye and landing on Jafar half the time.

I haven't given Goof Troop another look yet, but I still have 9 days.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2013, 06:36:08 PM »

Turns out I have a Model 1 Genesis AC adapter and a Model 2 RF cable. I have both models but each is missing something vital to be played. There's only one week left in June so I doubt I'll be able to play through The Lion King.

Man, this sucks!

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2013, 07:34:03 PM »

i'm really behind on this, but i finally got around to starting The Lion King on Genesis. i've been playing a lot of modern games recently, i almost forgot how brutal old games could be in difficulty.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2013, 09:53:43 PM »

The oldies are toughies, but they're very rewarding. You feel very smart and capable when you solve a puzzle or defeat a big boss.

The Lion King shouldn't give you too much trouble. If anything, learn the patterns of the enemies and you'll be fine.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2013, 09:59:04 PM »

The oldies are toughies, but they're very rewarding. You feel very smart and capable when you solve a puzzle or defeat a big boss.

The Lion King shouldn't give you too much trouble. If anything, learn the patterns of the enemies and you'll be fine.

ya with each death i get a bit farther, but it just throws so much at you so soon. i had the most trouble with the rhino tails in level 2, the timing was really tricky on those.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length