RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:22:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 1/28/07 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Which controller is the best?
NES   -1 (4.3%)
SNES   -5 (21.7%)
Genesis   -0 (0%)
SMS   -0 (0%)
3DO   -0 (0%)
Jaguar   -0 (0%)
Dreamcast   -3 (13%)
Saturn   -1 (4.3%)
Gamecube   -3 (13%)
N64   -0 (0%)
Wii   -1 (4.3%)
PS1   -1 (4.3%)
PS2   -5 (21.7%)
PS3   -0 (0%)
Xbox   -0 (0%)
Xbox 360   -3 (13%)
Cd-i   -0 (0%)
Neo Geo   -0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 1/28/07  (Read 4699 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007, 08:13:45 PM »

N64 was inane. I never understood what the yellow buttons were for and I never understood what the d-pad was for. All I ever used was A, B, the joystick, and Z.

C for Camera buddy.  I'm surprised you have ever picked up a controller other than a Sony controller...

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2007, 11:17:28 PM »

N64 was inane. I never understood what the yellow buttons were for and I never understood what the d-pad was for. All I ever used was A, B, the joystick, and Z.
What games have you played? o_o I'm positive that every N64 game I've ever played used the C buttons in some form or another (a lot of times for camera control, but usually for various button combinations for attacks; i.e. Banjo-Kazooie; Kirby 64 is the only exception to this). I've only played one game which actually used the D-Pad in a meaningful way: Kirby 64, which (if I remember correctly) required nothing but the D-Pad, L, Z and the analogue stick and the B, A, C and R buttons.

The N64's controller is so weird. Tongue

EDIT: Apparently I don't remember correctly.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 11:41:53 AM by NekoOtaku » Logged
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 12:21:06 AM »

man wheres the love for the atari 2600 controller   one stick one button   

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 01:45:09 AM »

My point exactly. I think they could have done without the whole d=pad half and been fine. Unless they were gonna try to do some old games.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 02:02:57 AM »

My point exactly. I think they could have done without the whole d=pad half and been fine. Unless they were gonna try to do some old games.
I don't think they knew what they were doing when they came up with it. I mean the Z button becomes inaccessible while using the D-Pad, and the  whole idea for view buttons isn't  a horrible idea, but cutting the controllers button count down forced programs to use them as additional buttons instead. I don't think of this control to be innovative in the slightest.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 07:26:19 AM »

I would agree that the SNES controller made the most innovative breakthrough in controller technology, but my vote for the "best" controller is the 360. Appropriately weighted, wireless, streamlined design, remote on/off, comfortable, etc.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 09:19:29 AM »

Well, it was a tough choice.  I like the NES, Genesis, and PS controllers but in the end I chose the SNES controller.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 09:28:24 AM »

SNES is a great controller, but I gave my vote to PS2. It's the best all-around controller in my opinion. The only problem that I have with it is that the D-Pad isn't as good as what Nintendo has on their consoles. N64 was nice, but the joystick was horrible. It had no grip and it could break easily. Sony really made the analog stick better, and one upped Nintendo with adding an extra analog stick instead of having the C buttons for camera control. I also like the Dreamcast, the newer Xbox (except the crappy d-pad), and Gamecube.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2007, 10:24:58 AM »

I like the PS2 followed by the Saturn.

Slowly building an ammo fort.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 10:33:30 AM »

I guess I'm gonna be the only one who votes for Wii.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 10:47:46 AM »

man wheres the love for the atari 2600 controller   one stick one button   

Since the 2600 controller wasn't on the list I went with the 360 controller. The Dual Shock would be second. The 360 controller to me just refined the Dual Shock. Sony hasn't changed the Dual Shock in almost 10 years. Well there is teh sixaxis thing now.

The N64 controller sucks. If you need three hands to work it thats not good. The Gamecube controller is OK but I always had problems with the Z button on THPS 3.

Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 11:43:27 AM »

I guess I'm gonna be the only one who votes for Wii.
I was going to, but I haven't had enough time with the system to really judge whether it's a decent controller or not. Initial thoughts say "Heck yes", though.

I need to buy one...
VACRMH
Jaguar CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2007, 07:18:02 PM »

PS2. I've never had a problem with playing any game on it. Yes, even FPS

Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2007, 07:30:24 AM »

This was hard for me as there's so many good controlers, yet they all have their problems.  I voted Dreamcast but frankly it would have been more easy for me to say which one I didnt like.  That would be the NES.  The controler always felt like it was poking in my hand.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length