RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:36:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 2/4/07 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Which is better, PC gaming or console gaming?
PC gaming is much better.   -3 (12.5%)
Console gaming is much better.   -13 (54.2%)
They both are just as good.   -6 (25%)
I don't play games, I just collect.   -2 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 2/4/07  (Read 3641 times)
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 01:29:56 AM »

the costs associated with owning cabinets

Ouch, yeah, you would have to be pretty damn lucky, or well payed for that option. It'll be totally sweet though.

tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 02:35:07 PM »

the costs associated with owning cabinets

Ouch, yeah, you would have to be pretty damn lucky, or well payed for that option. It'll be totally sweet though.

its really not that expensive to own arcade machines....right now i have 5 arcades, 2 pinballs, and 1 slot machine

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 01:14:41 AM »

Do you have a place you can get them locally tholly?

tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 06:28:52 AM »

Do you have a place you can get them locally tholly?

im just always on the lookout for them.....i get them from dealers, private sellers, and auctions.....

ive probably spent under $2500 total for all the stuff i have.....

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Tan
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 10:50:47 AM »

The costs I was referring to are maintenance over the years. Depending on how much you play them replacing monitors, controllers, deflection boards, isolation transformers etc. etc. worn out from regular use can be expensive, unless you want to ham & egg together non-original pieces or aftermarket parts.

I usually look at the longterm commitment to owning hardware like that, grabbing a working cab in great shape is one thing, keeping it that way is another. It's a big commitment unless your in for the short haul or willing to play them into the ground, and if you don't play them often then it really doesn't matter anyway since you prob won't wear them out.  Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length