RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:37:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 199118 times)
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #1305 on: November 29, 2013, 08:45:41 PM »

Started playing Evoland last night, after I picked it up in Steam's weekend sale. A quirky little RPG that transforms as you play it, chronologically following a timeline of real-life improvements in technology. Definitely recommended to anyone who's grown up playing turn-based RPGs.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1306 on: November 30, 2013, 04:39:08 AM »

I finished NFS: Rivals today and got the plat.  It took me about 25 hours to do, but it was pretty easy.  I've finally started playing Darksiders II again after playing an hour of it last year and letting it sit.
kaysow
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #1307 on: November 30, 2013, 09:03:40 AM »

been awful at keeping up with the hottest releases last few years, playing way too much ps2 stuff instead. so i started up Skyward Sword seeing as it's been 7 years since i beat Twilight Princess and basically hated it. liked every zelda up to that point fine, but after ocarina and majora and wind waker it was just way too much of the same old shit, even if i kinda liked the setting and style. also, it was just a half-assed port with wagglan tacked on.

this one's way better in every aspect; it's like this weird anomaly and testament to what the Wii really could have been if they'd ever gotten the controller right. fundamentally, wagglan as and input method is counter-immersive, but here they got close to where the movements are actually fun to do and even a bit intuitive. i'm 25 hours in and so far it's redeemed Zelda in my eyes, even the wii to some extent. it's a very admirable effort to please wii-owners, but i wonder if they wouldn't have been better off taking this time to make a wii u launch title =/ zelda is most def a system seller.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1308 on: November 30, 2013, 11:36:37 AM »

been awful at keeping up with the hottest releases last few years, playing way too much ps2 stuff instead. so i started up Skyward Sword seeing as it's been 7 years since i beat Twilight Princess and basically hated it. liked every zelda up to that point fine, but after ocarina and majora and wind waker it was just way too much of the same old shit, even if i kinda liked the setting and style. also, it was just a half-assed port with wagglan tacked on.

this one's way better in every aspect; it's like this weird anomaly and testament to what the Wii really could have been if they'd ever gotten the controller right. fundamentally, wagglan as and input method is counter-immersive, but here they got close to where the movements are actually fun to do and even a bit intuitive. i'm 25 hours in and so far it's redeemed Zelda in my eyes, even the wii to some extent. it's a very admirable effort to please wii-owners, but i wonder if they wouldn't have been better off taking this time to make a wii u launch title =/ zelda is most def a system seller.

i think fans would have raged too hard if there were such a long gap between games that they skipped a system. i don't count twilight princess as a wii title because it was really made for gamecube
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1309 on: November 30, 2013, 02:31:38 PM »

Star Wars: Battlefront II (XB) - Still playing conquest mode.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1310 on: November 30, 2013, 07:45:41 PM »

Finished up all of Dragon Age: Origins last night, including all DLC. Overall I like this game a lot, and everyone probably knows that I am a big BioWare fan. On to Dragon Age II!

Only being a bit of the way into Dragon Age II, I can say that's it's sadly not as good as Origins, but still a decent game in it's own right. Really wish there was a collected edition with all the DLC, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

I've played through it once before, but this time I am going through with all DLC. I like that they improved the battle system, but the environments get really old fast.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1311 on: November 30, 2013, 09:46:27 PM »

I finished NFS: Rivals today and got the plat.  It took me about 25 hours to do, but it was pretty easy.  I've finally started playing Darksiders II again after playing an hour of it last year and letting it sit.
You were 4th on TrueTrophies to get the Plat!

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1312 on: November 30, 2013, 10:55:24 PM »

Played through Shadow Blasters on the Genesis.  Highly recommend the game with it's cast of characters and different leveling up abilities.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1313 on: November 30, 2013, 11:48:08 PM »

AoEO:
Got the "Impossible" difficulty 40 waves done on Crete. Now i just need to do the 30 waves ~60 more times.
Hit level 30 with the Persians and the Egyptians. Only level 40 left for both of them.
Started the Celts. They will hit level 10 tomorrow. I know i will definitely get 2 other missions specific achievements done too.

Finished Bellator MMA: Onslaught. Someone mentioned that the DLC had an arena in it. So it was required for the achievement i previously thought was glitched.

Also started and finished Trivial Pursuit.

Knocked out a few achievements in Marvel vs. Capcom Origins while i waited for a friend to hop online who needed help with Peggle. I only played Peggle for a little bit but i really enjoyed it. If Peggle 2 is out when i finally get an Xbox One it will be one of my first purchases. Unless the price is stupid high. Then i will wait for a sale Wink

Played some Angry Birds with my son. He is still pretty terrible at the game but enjoys it and does manage to do some pretty impressive things sometimes.

NCIS is probably going to be the next game that gets a spin in my 360.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1314 on: December 01, 2013, 02:31:52 PM »

You were 4th on TrueTrophies to get the Plat!

Really?  That's pretty cool!

More Darksiders II.  The game seems to be pretty massive, and I'm starting to get into it more than when I first started it a year ago.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1315 on: December 01, 2013, 05:07:52 PM »

Playing a bunch of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition.  This game is very fun but extremely time consuming.  I think I would have been better off attempting this one in the spring when I have less on my plate.  Also, I feel this games difficulty is less "old school" and more like a combination of Monster Hunter and perhaps an early PS2 sandbox game.  So an open game (more or less) with a combat system and a largely unintelligible story.  And me likes a lot.  I feel I could spend at least 100 hours grinding through it.  But will I?

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1316 on: December 01, 2013, 05:26:26 PM »

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 (PS3) - Starting my Road to WrestleMania run with Shawn Micheals.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #1317 on: December 01, 2013, 06:01:08 PM »

Dabbling with a few other Steam games that I've picked up recently.

Evoland, still.
Batman: Arkham City
Dead Pixels
Terraria

Was a little worried after the first hour of Arkham City, but it was mostly because I couldn't get the game to run smoothly. Turns out the frame rate had been capped at 40 in my NVIDIA settings. Once that was fixed, the game ran smoothly on max settings and I really started to like it. I'm going to enjoy playing through this one.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1318 on: December 01, 2013, 06:21:36 PM »

Been rolling through Ni No Kuni. Doing a couple of bounties before making my way to the Temple of Trials.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1319 on: December 02, 2013, 09:12:43 AM »

Battlefield 4 (360) - Finished the Campaign. This is a fun game and much better than Battlefield 3.

Batman Arkham Origins (360) - 80% through. Just need some more time to play.

Ratchet & Clank Into the Nexus (PS3) - Played for 10 minutes. So far looks to be a good game.

Call of Duty Ghosts (360) - Made it half way through. Campaign is decent but I find myself leaning towards Battlefield 4 more.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length