RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 07:19:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Video Game Collector Mag 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Video Game Collector Mag  (Read 3130 times)
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« on: July 19, 2004, 12:30:43 PM »

I've been in contact with VGC mag and they've offered RF Gen a discount on mags. I'm still trying to decide if it makes sense for RF Gen to carry the mag so here's what we're looking at:

We're surely not in a position to make a real profit so the only thing I can see happening if we go for it is to simply offer our members the mag at a lower cost - $4.00 per issue (cover price $5.99) with $1 shipping. That's $1 less than Gooddealgames.com (with shipping) and $1.99 off the cover price. That way we'd all just get our mags at a lower cost, everyone wins  Wink

Anyone that is definately interested please post and let me know. I haven't said yes or no to the offer as of yet. I figured I'd run it by you guys to see who all is interested and go from there. For now all payments would have to be sent via cash or money order. The first issue was just released and is selling like hotcakes. It's a quarterly mag...

I plan on either putting in my sub or ordering mags on Friday. If you wanna get it through us let us know by then if possible  |D

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 01:49:42 PM »

I'm interested.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 06:47:15 PM »

i was looking at the site before you guys even put it up here. If you can get discounts i don t have to go to the comic store and pay them extra to have them order it special.
Its a good thing i couldnt make it to the store today i guess.
even if you sell this one issue thats all your going to sell because everyone who likes it will subscribe to only pay 3.75 an issue.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 06:55:29 PM by IZRET101 » Logged

jonlester
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 02:37:08 AM »

I'm interested. I buy everything with money orders anyway and I'd like to spare myself the trouble of getting it ordered by the newsstand or comic shop people.
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 01:02:40 PM »

Here goes an update for you guys: $3 an issue + shipping. We can figure out what the exact shipping cost will be an do it that way instead of just $4 flat for an issue w/shipping. Those interested should PM me their zip code so we can figure out which route is cheaper Smiley

I'm just tryin to figure out what the cheapest route is for everyone interested (myself included) to get our mags.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 02:47:26 PM »

im going through you guys im already sick of having to try to deal with these guys. They said come in monday the owner will be here talk to him and they where closed then and today. man am i glad you guys dont close

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2004, 08:48:28 PM »

LOL!!! RF Gen is open on all major holidays as well Wink

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2004, 09:15:27 AM »

I'm definayley intrested.  I tried to get a subscription but I couldn't find any way to do it on thier website.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2004, 10:15:41 AM »

ive been watching there site for just about2 weeks and they have not updated anything to my knowledge.
also i am definately going through you guys that store was finally open and the guy told me it would cost cover price plus they didnt know when it wouild actually come in.
which reminds me when are yours coming in also were would we send the cash???

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »

I'll get an approximate ship date on Friday. Send payments to me (I'll pm info) as I'll be sending them a check on Friday. Since this is the first issue we'll figure out exactly how long it takes to get our mags. Next issue we'll be prepared and send payment in advance so we get our stuff in a more timely manner girl

For those who sent zip codes: I'll try to get your postage to you tonight. If not I'll get it to you by Friday. Things have been hectic around here but I'm on top of it and am not ignoring you.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2004, 01:49:07 PM »

Cool im looking foreward to it |D
Looks to be really promising |D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 07:02:11 PM by IZRET101 » Logged

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2004, 01:48:40 AM »

I just used the online crap for shipping rates, estimated a mag at about 6 ounces and it's the same for all zipcodes: $1.52. I sent my man a copy of Tips & Tricks and that's about what it cost... I've seen the mag though and it's not typical mag size, I think it'll weigh in between 3-5 ounces. Here's the USPS costs for sending the stuff:

2  0.60
3 0.83
4 1.06
5 1.29
6 1.52

I would just take a wild guess and say $1 for shipping. The only way we're gonna find out exact cost is when the mags are shipped so for now $1. If it's less than that I'll send yinz back the loot. Come second issue we'll know exactly what the cost is and prices will be totally finalized with shipping. For now $4 with.

Those who have shown interest I'm about to PM you payment info. If you're still down just pop me a pm when payment is sent. Anyone else interested hit me up with a pm and I'll send you info.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2004, 01:56:07 AM »

BTW, min order is 10 mags and so far 6 people from here are interested. I'm still puttin in the order so unless I hear more than 4 people are interested by Friday it appears we'll have 4 extras. I can always order more next issue..

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2004, 04:28:41 AM »

If noone else wants any i know a guy who might be interested so tell me again later if noone else here is getting any... i still need to find the guys number anyways

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2004, 06:50:21 AM »

Mags have been shipped to those who's loot arrived thusfar. I have about 8 extras.

Shipping ran $1.52 like the postal calculator told me in the first place. For this issue, merry christmas on the $0.50 guys...lol Next issue and issues following will be $4.50 total w/shipping.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length