RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 05:43:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December Retro Community Playthrough - Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: December Retro Community Playthrough - Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3  (Read 34729 times)
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2013, 05:09:48 PM »

My Genesis copy does not have a difficulty selection option, or at least to my knowledge.

Yeah, it should. I believe it is on the screen where you select the number of players. It will default to normal anyway, which is what we are usinig.

it should be in the options menu when you select the number of players
NxCmp
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2013, 06:07:37 PM »

My Genesis copy does not have a difficulty selection option, or at least to my knowledge.

Yeah, it should. I believe it is on the screen where you select the number of players. It will default to normal anyway, which is what we are usinig.

it should be in the options menu when you select the number of players

Yeah found it already, its on normal by default, thank though.

Need computer or other I.T. related help ? Send me a PM, would be glad to help.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2013, 11:47:39 PM »

Set the bar a little higher this evening with Blaze: 461,700. If you don't mind, when you post your high scores, let me know what character you set it with. It will be kind of neat to see who you used.

[img width=700 height=522]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y359/necrom99/SoRHigh_zps4e1423c3.jpg[/img]

I am still having trouble with those twin girls. Made it to the last door with lots of lives left, but those girls work me everytime.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2013, 11:49:53 PM »

i don't know the names of the characters but i was using the woman
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2013, 11:51:07 PM »

i don't know the names of the characters but i was using the woman

Same here. Her name is Blaze.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2013, 09:42:33 AM »

Man I'm getting torched.  I guess I'm not much of a Rager so its true what they say, nice guys finish last

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2013, 09:58:41 AM »

The biggest challenge is figuring out the enemy patterns (especially the bosses) and not losing lives fighting the scrubs. I began using Axel, since I thought he was the most well-rounded of the 3 characters; however, I tried Blaze last night and had much better results. The reason for this I think is: 1. I know the game better now, and 2. She has better speed than the guys. I know that she and Axel have the same speed rating, but I feel that Blaze punches and moves much faster and has a good reach. I know that her power is lower than the guys, but I don't think the drop off is significant, especially if you are using the grapple combos effectively. I haven't tried to use Adam yet, but I assume he is slow due to being the "muscle." You'd think a boxer would be much quicker right?

Wait........why the hell am I giving you guys advice?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2013, 10:11:42 AM »

Techwizard sent me a PM discussing the playthrough and noted that some of you are taking your scores from the screen when you input your initials. You could be losing some valuable points by doing this, since you level bonus points may still be added to your final score. Please be sure to wait until after your endgame and take your final score from the high score screen that plays through on the attract mode.

Also, even if you don't overtake the high score, but beat your current high score, please post it. Your points from each week will be tallied for the Battle Royale starting in Week 4. You can improve your scores of course during that last week and a half, but it helps to have a solid start. Also note that high scores for each game can only be posted for an individual playthrough. You cannot post a multiplayer score, but you can earn 5 achievement points per game by beating a game with a friend at anytime during the month.

NxCmp
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2013, 12:04:21 PM »

You could be losing some valuable points by doing this, since you level bonus points may still be added to your final score.
[img width=480 height=320]http://www.quickmeme.com/img/bb/bb13586a79805f8445c62f4809002c04b4c18e794e7e44b2a15f09b904a423a2.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 12:06:39 PM by NxCmp » Logged

Need computer or other I.T. related help ? Send me a PM, would be glad to help.
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2013, 04:11:50 PM »

Blaze and Axel don't have the same speed rating.   I got twice as far with Blaze than I did Axel because of the speed improvement alone

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2013, 04:44:42 PM »

EXHIBIT A

[img width=360 height=270]http://www.sydlexia.com/imagesandstuff/sor1/StreetsofRage002.jpg[/img]

You can't argue fact, but I agree, she moves a little faster and definitely punches faster. I can move through the game quicker with her too.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2013, 07:39:36 PM »

the fact that they all have 3 stats but nothing below a B rating makes me wonder if one stat for each of them is really supposed to be a C instead of A, that would make more sense and explain the noticeable speed differences on the 2 with the same rating
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2013, 09:38:43 PM »

Adam:A, B, C
Axel:C, A, B
Blaze:B, C, A

RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2013, 10:11:05 PM »

It says theyre both As for speed rating, but Blaze is obviously quicker.

We're both right Smiley

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2013, 10:42:10 PM »

I took another shot at this tonight.  Since everybody here seemed to prefer Blaze, I decided to use her for this playthrough (I used Axel the first time).  I made it all the way to the twin girls before the final boss before using my first continue, and had enough continues left over to finally beat the game!  Also set a new high score of 501,900

[img width=700 height=525]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm155/DisposedHero/Community%20Playthrough%20Scores/CAM00192.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=525]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm155/DisposedHero/Community%20Playthrough%20Scores/CAM00191.jpg[/img]

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length