RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:23:11 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Pandora's Tower coming to NA WII thanks to Xseed 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Pandora's Tower coming to NA WII thanks to Xseed  (Read 2618 times)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« on: January 16, 2013, 01:58:09 PM »

http://www.gaming-age.com...-exclusively-for-the-wii/

Fan Favorite Wii-Exclusive Action RPG to be Released for the North American Market

Torrance, Calif., (January 16, 2013) – XSEED Games, an independent-minded publisher, today announced they have come to an agreement with Nintendo that will bring the highly anticipated action role-playing title, Pandora’s Tower™, exclusively to Wii™ in Spring 2013. Developed in Japan by Ganbarion, Pandora’s Tower takes the classic fairytale theme of a maiden in distress and adds a violent twist, with the protagonist setting out to slay over a dozen giant monsters and collect their flesh in order to free his beloved from an evil curse. The agreement with Nintendo grants XSEED Games exclusive publishing rights to Pandora’s Tower in North America.

“It’s fantastic to be bringing such a highly-anticipated title like Pandora’s Tower to such a vocal fan base,” said Shinichi Suzuki, President and CEO of XSEED Games. “North American gamers have been very patient in waiting for this game to be released, and we’re confident they will be pleased when they get their hands on the title.”

A tale of unfortunate circumstances, Pandora’s Tower opens in the Kingdom of Elyria, where an unassuming singer named Elena succumbs to a wretched curse during a festival performance. Bearing an arcane mark on her back, she starts transforming into a savage monster, causing the town guards to attempt to kill her in order to prevent it. A young ex-mercenary named Aeron, whose heart has forever been pledged to Elena, whisks her away in the nick of time – and with the help of a mysterious witch named Mavda, he learns what must be done to avert her wretched fate. He must descend into The Scar, a massive chasm tied down by twelve chains connected to a floating island in its center, atop which sit thirteen interconnected towers. There, he must use his sword and a sacred chain to battle his way through each tower and extract the flesh of the boss “masters” that dwell within, which Elena must consume in order to reverse her ongoing transformation. But the clock is ticking! The longer Aeron takes to vanquish each beast, the less human Elena becomes, affecting her character and the game’s final outcome in a profound manner. Time is of the essence...

Pandora’s Tower was developed in Japan by Ganbarion in conjunction with Nintendo, exclusively for Wii. The game will be published by XSEED Games in North America in Spring 2013. XSEED Games will release more product updates in the coming months.

I'm ready for another Let's Play with Crabby.  Cool

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 02:24:41 PM »

Glad to hear it is finally getting a release in North America.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 03:03:40 PM »

Excellent news! Thank goodness for XSEED man. Heard this game is not as good as Xenoblade or Last Story but I'm still super psyched to have the opportunity to check it out.

Kotaku did a pretty cool article on XSEED a few weeks back:
http://kotaku.com/5971695...18-8&utm_medium=email

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 03:11:13 PM »

I heard about this game last week. It sounds really cool... a little creepy. Seems like it will be a cross between Majora's Mask and Shadow of the Colossus.

Looks like another games that will have a proud space on my shelf of awesomeness.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:02:08 AM by Fleach » Logged

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 02:29:00 AM »

At this point I had completely given up on this game getting localized. This is a HUGE surprise. I'm definitely grabbing a copy.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 03:59:41 AM »

It's an ok game just not that great. Fun tho. I want a English Translation of Earth Seeker more. I really want to play my copy but don't understand Japanese
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 11:04:56 AM »

Good news.  Still have to play more Xenoblade Chronicles and START The Last Story but I think I would pick this one up too.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 12:25:56 PM »

More for the gaming backlog, huh?

From what I understand Xenoblade Chronicles is a looong game.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 12:29:06 PM »

It is.  Which is not a problem, I have hundreds of hours in Skyrim, Fallout 3, and Borderlands and I'm not done with any of them.

I know that some people enjoy grinding, I know I used to.  I just don't get the same satisfaction from grinding an area for 10 hours like I used to.  I will definitely go back to it, but I think I'll play through The Last Story first.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 03:23:53 PM »

Awesome!
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 04:59:10 PM »

It is.  Which is not a problem, I have hundreds of hours in Skyrim, Fallout 3, and Borderlands and I'm not done with any of them.

I know that some people enjoy grinding, I know I used to.  I just don't get the same satisfaction from grinding an area for 10 hours like I used to.  I will definitely go back to it, but I think I'll play through The Last Story first.

i hate it when games require huge amounts of grinding. it just feels like forced filler to make the game longer.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 08:27:29 PM »

I agree. As much as I like the effort and reward, it's just too much.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 08:13:19 AM »

I wouldn't say it's the weakest out of Xenoblade Chronicles or Last Story. While it is my 3rd favourite of the 3 it is another ace game (as is Project Zero 2 Wii Edition) but where you place it in comparison to the other games is very dependant on what type of games you enjoy more. Not one to miss out on though. Kinda sad my favourite Wii games all came at the end of the systems life... reminds me of how it was that way with the Saturn.

Anywho, I figured the USA missed out when nothing was mentioned for so long. Really glad you guys get this little gem now. There may even still be hope for Disaster: Day of Crisis.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 09:39:43 AM »

Looks like March 26th is the release date.

http://www.amazon.com/Pan...mp;keywords=pandora+tower

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 10:10:42 AM »

Awe yeah!

I hope that's the actual box art. It looks wicked!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length