RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:58:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Gamestop shenanigans sell open games as 'new' 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Gamestop shenanigans sell open games as 'new'  (Read 5204 times)
Tan
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2007, 03:31:25 PM »

I was going to, but they were really strong...

Slit their throats with your EDGE/Gamestop card.  ninja
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2007, 03:45:51 PM »

I agree, ninja tactics work well when out manned or when they are bigger and stronger.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2007, 04:55:06 PM »

I was going to, but they were really strong...

I don't believe you, I've never met an athletic gaming store employee.

When shall his new form be revealed?
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2007, 04:55:59 PM »

I agree, ninja tactics work well when out manned or when they are bigger and stronger.

No they don't, read Lone Wolf and Cub, he just pwns everyone, Ninja, Samurai, EVERYONE falls to the Dotanuki of Ogami Itto.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2007, 10:12:49 PM »

Forgive me if any of this has been covered but i am on 56k and not waiting for 3 pages of text to load :-P

Gamestop has been doing it for quite some time.

It is rediculous that the open brand new games and put all the empty boxes all over the floor.
It is a space saver/tehft reduction kinda thing but at the same time it is unfair to the customer to say the least.

That being said more than one time i had customers get pissed off at me when i had to sell them a opened but still new game at Game Crazy.

In our case it was a copy of the game that generally had been opened either to display the game or by the manager because he decided he wanted to play the game.(Plus he was rarely if ever the one selling the game he decided to open...)

I always apologized to people when we had to sell them an open copy especially since our return policy for new games was 7 days unopened.(vioded by our manager right from the start) More often that not if we had no sealed versions i told people i would show them the disc told them it had been only used in our system for display and tell them the other game stores in the area they could try to get a sealed copy at.

Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2007, 11:41:50 PM »

If you buy a new car and you find cigeret butts in the ashtrey, coke stains all over the seat, and car owner manual isnt there would you consider it "new"?  If you bought a game, it didnt include the manual, or it had sharpie on the case or the disc would you consider it "new"?

Sometimes it's obvious it was used being listed as new, sometimes it isnt.  If you want a game that's new order online from company store if the game maker has one.  Even buying so called factory sealed games can bite you in the ass.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2007, 01:12:41 PM »

If you bought a game, it didnt include the manual, or it had sharpie on the case or the disc would you consider it "new"?

But that isn't what's happening with GameStop.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tan
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2007, 06:46:25 PM »

If you bought a game, it didnt include the manual, or it had sharpie on the case or the disc would you consider it "new"?

But that isn't what's happening with GameStop.

Actually it is. Stickers, Markers, Scuffed cases you name it. New in the sense that no one has actually bought it but that's as far as it goes. Not always the case but still happens way more than it should.
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2007, 08:58:19 PM »

I HATE THOSE YELLOW PAPER STICKERS.  They are a real pain in the @$$ to get off.

Other than that I don't have a real big problem with Gamestop/ EB Games. Of course I don't really buy new games either.

I usually only buy the cheap games that they have. or shop there when they have some sort of special.

I only buy new games from Wal-Mart or similar Retailer.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2007, 10:01:22 PM »

It annoys me when they pull this shit and the game box has stickers on it. That's when you get really pissed.
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2007, 10:26:33 PM »

we should kill all who puts stickers on game boxes, who's with me?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2007, 11:56:27 PM »

me

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2007, 10:27:36 AM »

Only if they are the real hard to peel off variety. However, the gamestop I normally go to recently switched over to different stickers that are way easier to take off the case.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length