RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:09:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Nintendo DSi 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Nintendo DSi  (Read 7363 times)
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 09:18:30 PM »

I'm eagerly awaiting what the DSWare will be like. They already announced a new Warioware.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 06:17:27 AM »

Well, the launch date has been announced as April 5th for NA.  Amazon states that it will cost $169.99 and it comes in either matte black or matte blue.

http://www.amazon.com/Nin...rd_r=0AG74E8CX1HY00JX057Q

It's going to be released on the 3rd of April here and it will cost £150, or about $215. Considering the DS Lite costs £100, I really don't see what the point is. The PSP is only £130 and appears to have more features.

GAME are offering to sell a DSi for £75 when you trade in your old DS Lite or certain other consoles. I did a similar thing with my DS when I got the Lite. Gamestation were offering £45 trade in value against a Lite, which was a good amount at the time. I thought it was worth the upgrade because of the screen and much nicer styling.
cant-grow-up
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 12:30:38 PM »

Looks great, I see it as more of an option...Sorta like a DS premium pretty much the same system but with more options. If you just want to play games get the regular DS
if you want games and bells and whistles get the DSi. I think it will bring in alot of PSP owners/buyers, that want all the hi tech extras but actually want a constant flow of good games.
Ok im done rambling

remembering the old times of late nights with the genesis
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/cant-grow-up.png[/img]
wishlist:Pico-3DO-Jaguar-Nomad-Xbox-NES
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 01:07:12 PM »

is it just the DSI thats geting relased or are there any specific games for it as i havent seen any

Nionel
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 11:20:24 AM »

The DSi still plays DS game cards, just like the original DS and the Lite, but it also features DSi Ware, which are downloadable games, just like Wii Ware, that will be original titles for the handheld.

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 11:49:11 AM »

yeah i know it playes normal DS games, but i seem to remember reading that they are going to bring out DSI only games and that they are region locked.

If there are no new games that make use of all the extra fetures of the system then whats the point of relasing it, other than to make more money?

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 12:56:46 PM »

Does the DSi use WPA encryption or does it still use WEP for WiFi security?
NESman93
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 07:05:11 PM »

they are claiming better WiFi, but im guessing that it will still use the same WEP encryption. im still a little pissed about the fact that the DSi doesn't have the GBA slot.

Now you're playing with power! Nintendo Power!

Consoles on my wishlist: Mega Drive (Japan), Genesis Model 1, Super Famicom, Famicom, SNES 2, NES 2, Neo Geo AES, 360, Intellivision, ColecoVision, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, GameCube
Nionel
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2009, 07:35:25 PM »

yeah i know it playes normal DS games, but i seem to remember reading that they are going to bring out DSI only games and that they are region locked.

Yeah, the DSi only games are the DSi Ware, and they are region locked, mostly because I believe you can only access the store for your own region.

gamepopper101
Sega 32X
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2009, 01:01:54 PM »

I've preordered mine  Grin Can't wait to get it!

I will be posting until I get to Sega CD level, because I want to Cheesy
Zenki
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2009, 11:46:44 PM »

Having a DS lite I am at this time seeing little to draw me to switch over. Not personally a fan of purchasing games that I have no physical copy of so would not be using the online store. Wont just nit pick the system apart I am sure it will play games just fine and I know tons of people who like to download games so if that works in the end great. The DSi seems to be an odd duck for Nintendo in my mind, there seems to be no clear reason for its release at this point. Only time will tell but there are two things said here before that I totally agree with. Removing the GBA slot was a pretty lame and obviously a move for financial reasons (limit the catalog of used games perhaps?). The other is knowing Nintendo the Wi-Fi will still not able to connect with WPA security, so if you have a newer draft N router your no better off.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2009, 01:27:55 AM »

The DS has been a runaway success. So my guess is this isn't intended so much as an upgrade for existing users, rather a way to pluck who they can from the small PSP scene.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2009, 01:41:17 AM »

I'm not sure I'd call the PSP scene small. According to Wikipedia, Sony has sold 77 million systems worldwide. It's not as much as the DS obviously (reported 96 million worldwide), but it's far for a "small scene."

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2009, 10:37:21 PM »

With such a tiny section tucked away in stores and only ever seeing one person who actually owns one I am actually really surprised by those figures.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2009, 11:46:14 AM »

With such a tiny section tucked away in stores and only ever seeing one person who actually owns one I am actually really surprised by those figures.
Wii and DS have huge sections over here. Shocked
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length