RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:52:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Developer / Publisher? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Developer / Publisher?  (Read 1261 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« on: February 23, 2008, 06:43:46 PM »

I've noticed many games have one or both of these fields empty, and I want to fill them in, but I don't know how to tell which one is which. Anyone have some tips to tell them apart. It seems very few games come right out say "published by ____" or "developed by ____".

If one field is filled out and there is another name, should one just assume that the other name is the other field. For example, I'm looking at Brutal: Paws of Fury (SNES) and the page says the publisher is Cybersoft and the developer is blank. The title screen says GameTek, so should it be assumed that GameTek is the developer?

Belgarath
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 06:52:33 AM »

Not necessarily..

There is also distributors and copyright holders.
distributor logos don't normally show up in the game itself but copyright holders do so it could just mean Gametek hold the copyright for the game but they didn't actually have anything to do with the snes version as such.

edit: just loaded the game and it clearly says it was developed by Eurocom Entertainment Software.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 07:12:55 AM by Belgarath » Logged
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 06:24:39 PM »

edit: just loaded the game and it clearly says it was developed by Eurocom Entertainment Software.
Yeah, I loaded it to find out something else, and saw that too. But I was really just using that game as an example.
I'm hoping to be able to just look at the box of the game or the game scan itself, and figure them out. That way I can do it at school when I don't have the actual game handy.

Belgarath
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 06:50:38 AM »

Unless it clearly says what each company did, don't assume anything.
It's the only safe way to go about it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length