RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:27:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion !!!!! 360 and PC talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion !!!!! 360 and PC talk  (Read 10843 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: March 24, 2006, 02:23:19 AM »

If you have, what's it like? I read the xbox 360 version has some slowdown in the graphics, but is great otherwise. I'm thinking about getting an xbox 360 for this game, but I'm not sure yet if I should.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 10:04:21 AM by captain_nintendo » Logged
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 05:37:22 AM »

I have it and I have to say "so far, so good". I really havent noticed a slow down of the graphics, but have noticed that the game is actually putting my 360 to work. Unlike my other 360 games in my library, Elder Scrolls has actually made my 360's fans work a little Tongue

Once you get the control system down, it's all good. I am only about 7 - 9 hours into the game. It is a bit slow going at first, but it really starts to shine once you are out of the first area where you start. Tynstar didn't think the graphics were fantastic, and for the most part I agree. But they do look good (like a PC game).

The story is very interesting, and you cant beat a game that starts off with Patrick Stewart doing the opening voice acting  Cheesy

Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 05:44:57 AM »

The story is very interesting, and you cant beat a game that starts off with Patrick Stewart doing the opening voice acting  Cheesy

Yes you can...

Reese Witherspoon, naked, doing the opening voice acting.

Cheesy

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 07:21:03 AM »

Yes you can...

Reese Witherspoon, naked, doing the opening voice acting.

Cheesy

The man has a point.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 07:21:54 AM »

The reason I didnt thing the graphics where that good was because all the hype about them. I should try it on my PC.

yap
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 07:44:05 AM »

I bought an XBOX 360, Oblivion, Dead or Alive 4, and Fight Night 3 yesterday.

Oblivion rules, I'm really impressed.  I didn't like Morrowind at all, but this is really fun to me.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 07:53:09 AM »

Oblivion rules, I'm really impressed.  I didn't like Morrowind at all, but this is really fun to me.

Damn money bags!

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 07:56:24 AM »

Yap, did you have one on reserve or did you just go into a store and they have them available?

I only ask because I hear that production is up and the supply of xbox 360s is being resolved as early as this week.

yap
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 08:18:51 AM »

I've been calling around for a couple of days, and one of the game stores just happened to have one (Core - bleh).  So now I can't find a hard drive, and geometry wars is taking up 50% of my memory card.

Amazon.com does have a hard drive though, so maybe I'll get that.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 07:29:27 AM »

Been play Oblivion alot over the last several days. I did come across my first issue with the game during this time. While traveling through a town, it would load certain areas when you crossed from one part of town to another. When you would do this, the load times were kind of longer than I thought they should be.

Other than that, the story is progressing nicely and the control is spot on (IMO).

I havent been playing long enough, and my character finally hit level 2. There is alot of work involved in leveling your character, I actually enjoy that aspect.... Alot of games will level you alot more, but this way it seems like alot more work and I feel like I have acomplished something when I actually level.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 12:40:05 PM »

Are you pretty much just focusing on the main quest or are you "playing around in the sandbox" as well?

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 01:02:19 PM »

My friend says he is around 30 hours into the game and has probably only explored 5% of the whole world.

Do you support or refute that statement?

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 01:39:40 PM »

Support, and I haven't played it.

When shall his new form be revealed?
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 03:30:41 PM »

Are you pretty much just focusing on the main quest or are you "playing around in the sandbox" as well?

Pretty much staying on the main quest, but I dont know why
Huh I always have this feeling of OMG!!! I need to hurry and get going on my quest otherwise the kingdom will fall and everybody will die  laugh But really, they want you to do these side quest and explore.

Anthony, the map is huge! And I honestly am at about where your friend is on percentage of the world explored. (maybe 4% here) You can either be lazy and "quick travel" to a town, which you dont explore, or you can actually walk from one place to another. Of course I have a horse, so it makes it much faster |D

I like exploring for the most part, but sometimes I do quick travel. Exploring, helps you find different landmarks and areas to explore and find nice items.

I would be suprise if I am over 12 hours. (maybe 10)
I would play more, but after 2 hours I start to feel sick.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 05:54:51 AM »

Sick?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length