RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 12:06:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Why does the search still show games I have? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why does the search still show games I have?  (Read 2908 times)
Dav1d
N-Gage

Stats
« on: March 09, 2014, 02:07:30 PM »

every time I go to find a game the list still shows games I already added.

I have it selected not to.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 03:22:43 PM »

If you are using the quick search function or the database search it will still show them.

If you are searching using the add games it will pay attention to that check box.

Dav1d
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 08:26:49 PM »

But it happens even when I use Add Games
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 11:24:22 PM »

Hmm might be a new/temporary bug.
I think the guys are in the process of porting bits of the site to a new server at the moment. (Huzzah!)

Going to have to wait for one of the tech guys to answer. I was unable to duplicate the problem from my own collection.
If i go to my collection hit add game and search Kombat i only return 38 results

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 09:56:41 AM »

When I search using your name and "Add" under the Collection section to Add Games using "007 Racing", it doesn't show up. Can you please detail exactly what you're searching for?

...also, I'm slightly disturbed that I was able to search using "Add Games" under your name just using some variable replacement.

ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 04:21:57 PM »

Hmm might be a new/temporary bug.
This particular bug has actually been around for a while, it's been happening to me as well.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=ApolloBoy[/img]
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 05:58:49 PM »

Apollo, I thought we tracked down your particular issue a long time ago. If you can give me particulars, I can look into it again. If I remember correctly, for some reason the database had that you owned something but it wasn't tracked in your collection.

ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 01:16:49 AM »

Apollo, I thought we tracked down your particular issue a long time ago. If you can give me particulars, I can look into it again. If I remember correctly, for some reason the database had that you owned something but it wasn't tracked in your collection.
The problem I'm experiencing is that when I go to add games to my wishlist, the search will start displaying games I already own after a few pages, so it's very similar to the issue Dav1d has.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=ApolloBoy[/img]
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 05:07:42 AM »

not sure what if anything you guys track bugs/to-do lists with but i recently found out about this site that might be really helpful: https://trello.com/

the developers for the game Rust are using it in a public way so people can watch what they're working on as well as their staff: https://trello.com/b/lG8jtz6v/rust-main
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 07:32:58 AM »

We actually have a tracking DB that we haven't exposed, as we haven't been able to do much with the site the way it is.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length