RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 03:55:20 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | June Retro Community Playthrough - Suikoden 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: June Retro Community Playthrough - Suikoden  (Read 33002 times)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 04:01:36 PM »

Got my copy from Disposed Hero this morning. Will start it up tonight. Thanks again, Hero!

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2014, 01:14:33 AM »

Before I get too into it, I have a couple questions. Does this game sport hidden items? I would like to know if it is worth my time to search every corner and crevasse as I usually do with RPGs or not. Also, can you run in this game somehow? I went through all of the first Golden Sun game without realizing I could run, so I make sure I don't make the same mistake twice, but I cannot figure any way to move quicker.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 05:22:17 AM »

There are a few hidden items, but not a ton. I would recommend hitting the action button near suits of armor and dressers. SirPsycho can probably elaborate on this because I know there are a few good items you can find right in the beginning.

There is no run button, but as I mentioned in the OP, Tir zooms across the screen so you won't be missing it.

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2014, 01:16:47 AM »

Just made it to the checkpoint. My Gremio is level 24 highest among my characters haha.

What party did you guys use after gaining the castle? I'm running with Hero/Gremio/Cleo/Viktor/Yam-Koo/Luc
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2014, 10:04:55 AM »

I'm using the exact same party Highwind

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2014, 10:39:38 AM »

I think this is the kind of game where you have to decide if you're going to use a guide or not. On my first playthrough I didn't, but this time I intend to because I already have way more recruits than I did the first time around and I want to utilize them to the fullest.

It's beyond the first checkpoint I believe, but one of my favorite characters for battle both times I played is
Spoiler (hover to show)

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2014, 11:11:52 AM »

Spoiler (hover to show)

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2014, 01:35:28 PM »

This game reminds me of the trouble I used to have with some NES RPGs, I take one step out into the world map and encounter an enemy I couldn't defeat and died right off the bat. I have perished several times trying to get over the first mountain stage I assume should be where I am going. But I grinded up to level 10 and still have trouble...I hope I find some support characters soon.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2014, 01:39:54 PM »

Boshamp there are a few story events that happen before you even leave the first town. Did you do them?

Spoiler (hover to show)

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2014, 04:37:28 PM »

I got a little to carried away playing this again Smiley my hero is at 35 and I have passed the 2nd week part Smiley I should start Shadow.   Also Whats everyones Castles Name Smiley I couldnt come up with a good one so its FunStone Castle Smiley

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2014, 05:52:21 PM »

Boshamp do you even have a second character yet? Haha

Hero's name: HADOUKEN (i guess my guys name will be HcDohl in the next game? LOL)
Castle: WACKY! (name for wacky racers Tongue)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2014, 06:42:58 PM »

My hero's name is Hodor and my castle's name is the Red Keep.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2014, 06:48:46 PM »

HODOR

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2014, 07:09:54 PM »

You could have gone with Dragonstone. Don't you remember the boss you fought? DON'T YOU REMEMBER!?

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2014, 09:53:36 PM »

Boshamp there are a few story events that happen before you even leave the first town. Did you do them?

Spoiler (hover to show)

No sir...I should probably talk to everyone in the first town. I learned about a gold grinding solution from someone on here, so I wanted to ensure I left the main city alone for the EXP booster. but I wanted this game to be as pure as I could since I have never experienced the story at all, so when he said to make sure I left the first city alone, I just left. ha ha.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length