RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 09:09:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | My car was broken into by idiots! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: My car was broken into by idiots!  (Read 5006 times)
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: December 27, 2006, 11:48:32 AM »

My car was broken into a few nights ago (night of the 23, but did not know until morning of 24) And my Pioneer CD player / radio was stolen. grrr

That was the bad news.... Fortunately for me, they got into my trunk and skipped over my son's hockey gear and sticks. They also left my goalie leg pad back there as well.... I had 1 in the trunk because I had taken it to the hockey shop for a minor repair.

The Pioneer cost me about 350 dollars about 5 years ago. The replacement cost of all that hockey gear would have been around 700 - 800 dollars. I did have to repair the drivers side window frame, which they had pulled away from the door frame. But that was simple, and now I feel the frame is stronger than ever.

I also decided that I need to park my car in my garage from now on. The problem was, that it was a mess! Luckily Scott (tynstar) came over to help my put up a shelving unit and organize the place. After a few hours of work, the place looks great and I now have a ton of room in there. (THANKS Scott!)

Even though it will be a while before I can afford a replacement radio, I feel I ended up a bit better in the deal.

1. Windows secure on my car
2. Now that small wind noise is gone from windows since the repair.
3. Garage is nice and organized
4. Parking car in garage will keep my car cool during the summer
5. Parking in the garage will keep my car warmer dunring  the "winter"

Yes, I did not file a police report. I repaired the damage in about 20 minutes, and felt that a 5 year old radio would not be worth my 250 dollar deductable. I did notify my neighbors of the theft so as they could be aware of such a thing happening around our block.

I hope I catch these idiots in the act one night evilhappy All in all, it could have been alot worse.

ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 11:52:43 AM »

This sucks.  happened a few years ago to my dad, but all they stole was a few fitness magazines and some cigars.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 12:08:01 PM »

Not a problem. You should of bought a garage door opener 6-7 years ago like I said. Wink Tongue

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 12:11:10 PM »

I forgot to mention that they stole all of my change from the ash tray. There was probably about 20 - 25 dollars worth in there.

Yep, I will be getting a garage door opener as soon as I can.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 12:37:44 PM »

Those assholes. My original car stereo was stolen when my car was in the shop. Went from being a 300 dollar repair to a 700 dollar repair.

Hello World.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 01:08:09 PM »

When we were living in New Zealand my dad's car was broken into. He was gutted because they stole a load of tapes but left all of his favourites.
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 02:11:06 PM »

Sorry to hear your car was broken into by some crack-heads. But as you stated above it could have been a lot worse. Replacing that hockey gear or worse they could have taken your car for a joy ride. If they are stupid enough to come back, I do hope you catch these idiots in the act.
gunpistols
gunsniper
gunpistols

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 02:20:43 PM »

It always sucks when shit like this happens, but it sounds like you have the right attitude on it.  I hope you or someone catches the bastards.  About 10 years ago I had a knock on the door in the middle of the night, it was the cops and they were holding a bag with a bunch of stuff in it including my slide out CD player (I guess if I had slid it out I wouldn't have been woken up!!)  Apparently a couple of kids had hit a bunch of cars in the neighborhood and the cops caught them in the act.  They did no damage to the car getting in and all they did inside was slide out the player.  The worst part for me was they kept the CD Player for like 6 months because it was evidence and it had a CD in it that I had borrowed from a friend.  So I went out a got her a new one to replace it.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 03:22:48 PM »

A few years ago I had some cd's stolen out of my car.  They only took the cd's and not the player.  They even took the cd in the player.  They flipped down the face and ejected it.  They could have really messed with me and took the face.  I'm glad they didn't and there was no damage to the car.

AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 05:38:43 AM »

I had my car broken into a couple of years ago. They had shoved a screwdriver down the side of the barrell in the passenger door and opened the lock. They didn't nick anything as the CD player is built into the dash and the CDs in my car were all burned anyway.

When I got it priced up to see how much it would have cost to have the 5mm hole next to my lock repaired, I was told it would be around £400 (yes that would be
$800). I told them to fook off and I just filled it myself from inside the door, it looks a bit shitty but cost £5 to do as oppossed to £400.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2006, 12:46:58 PM »

I had my car broken into twice in a 2 month period a few years ago.  The second time they broke in, all they got was about $8 in change that I had in my car.  The first time they not only got a bunch of stuff, they screwed me financially until about 8 months ago. 

When they broke in, they took a CD case I had in my car that had 120 CD's in it, a few video games I had on my back seat, all the change that was in my car (probably about 10-15 dollars worth) and my checkbook that I accidentally left in there because I was out paying bills that day.  The then went on to write about $2500 worth of checks that not only drained my bank account, but caused me an extra $200 in bounced check fees.  I got the bounced check fee's waived, but a few months after that I got several notice from some pay by phone company with bills for the bounced checks.  It took over a year to get all of those cleared up, but the complete lack of money and all of the attached BS screwed up my credit so bad that I even had problems getting approved for a mortgage when I bought my house back in July.

I promised myself that if I ever found the cocks that broke into my car, I would at the very least send them to the hospital.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006, 01:10:59 PM »

I had my car broken into a couple of years ago. They had shoved a screwdriver down the side of the barrell in the passenger door and opened the lock. They didn't nick anything as the CD player is built into the dash and the CDs in my car were all burned anyway.

When I got it priced up to see how much it would have cost to have the 5mm hole next to my lock repaired, I was told it would be around £400 (yes that would be
$800). I told them to fook off and I just filled it myself from inside the door, it looks a bit shitty but cost £5 to do as oppossed to £400.

Yeah. WTF is up with door repairs? The door on my Accord decided to stop working and it cost $500 dollars to repair the mechanism!

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2006, 02:34:33 AM »

If you catch a person breaking into your car or house I think it should be perfectly legal to shoot them. Yet it is not. That is soooooo lame.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2006, 04:51:06 AM »

If you catch a person breaking into your car or house I think it should be perfectly legal to shoot them. Yet it is not. That is soooooo lame.

See my avatar Wink

When shall his new form be revealed?
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2006, 11:33:38 AM »

Tony Martin shot a burglar in his house then was sent to prison for it. There was a bit of an uproar, and a new law was made saying you can use "reasonable force" against an intruder. That means if they swing a knife at you, you're allowed to stab them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length