RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:00:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Music you hate to admit you enjoy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Music you hate to admit you enjoy  (Read 4284 times)
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: February 24, 2008, 07:15:44 PM »

I figure this could be a fun thread.

So, what artists or songs do you like that you would never admit to liking? Come on, be serious. I won't make fun of you.

I'll start it off by saying:

I admit it, I like damn near everything I hear with T-Pain. There's just something about that damn vocoder that captures my attention. It's like an adult version of Raffi or some shit. His lyrics are also the most unintentionally hilariously bad stuff ever. "She made us drinks to drink, we drunk em-got drunk." That and he rarely diverts from his formula and mission: get hot girls drunk and have sex with them. Apparently, I'm not the only one who has this same kind of secret admiration for T-Pain.

Crank That by Soulja Boy. Yeah. I said it. I don't know why, but I love that minimalist beat. I hate everything else about that song, but that damn beat is hypnotic.

Mike Jones. Mainly because his lyrics are utterly ridiculous and he finds the most creative ways to promote himself.

Lil' Jon. He's like the rap equivalent of death metal...which might explain why he sampled Slayer in one of his songs. If he gets T-Pain to guest appear in one his songs on the new album, I think it might be the most unholy creation ever conceived.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 07:23:34 PM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 08:18:32 PM »

Mindless Self Indulgence. They have been my guilty pleasure band for years. Good beats, corny (sometimes a little offensive) lyrics, self deprecation. I like it.

I never hear any of the trendy rap songs/artists, other than what my friend Myles makes me listen to. My car radio is always on AM, I never go to dance clubs and I don't watch video countdowns on BET. I do know, though, that I couldn't stand the Soulja Boy song from the first time I heard it Smiley

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 08:27:05 PM »

Oh yeah, I've got a few I should be embarrassed about liking.

Tom Jones. The guy's basically just a cheesy lounge singer in the same vein as Robert Goulet and Wayne Newton. I do love listening to him though. Tracks like "Green Green Grass of Home", "It's Not Unusual" and the theme song from Thunderball. Love that one.

My Chemical Romance. I'm not a teenybopper but I dig their stuff. I don't know why.

Isaac Hayes. Sappy 70's soul. How can you resist the theme from Shaft?

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 02:47:24 PM »

Old School Soul and Motown. Diana Ross and the Supremes, Barry White, Marvin Gaye, Joe Tex, Bobby Womack.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 05:27:12 PM »

Guilty Pleasures:

Lilly Allen
But only Smile. The other ones sound like jingles.

I know I'll definitely be laughed at for this one...

Avril Lavigne - I'm With You

For some reason it makes me feel good when I hear it.

No Doubt did some ok songs.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 10:01:28 PM »

Old School Soul and Motown. Diana Ross and the Supremes, Barry White, Marvin Gaye, Joe Tex, Bobby Womack.
Why are you embarassed to like that? That's good music.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 12:33:12 AM »

Second that.

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 04:50:43 AM »

When I'm driving I listen to a lot of podcast especially Clark Howard and The Tech Guy.

The two kinds of music I listen to the most are Rock and Rap.
Megadeth, Metallica, Rammstein, System of A Down, Audioslave, Godsmack, Big Pun, Blue Scholars, Eminem, Immortal Technique, Jay-Z , Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Outkast , T.I., The Game , The L.O.X , Timberland

As for the music I hate to admit I enjoy...
The following is a list of the artist I enjoy four or more of their songs and I have their CD.

Esthero
Gogol Bordello
Bob Seger
Matisyahu
Nelly Furtado
NOFX
Justin Timberlake
Prince
Meat Loaf
David Allen Coe
Brad Paisley
Johnny Cash
Toby Keith
Enya
Frank Sinatra
Miles Davis
Nat King Cole
2046 - Soundtrack
Fiddler on the Roof - Soundtrack
GTA Vice City - Soundtrack
Once Upon a Time in America - Soundtrack
Phantom Of The Opera - Soundtrack
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 10:31:52 AM »

I listen to music I like. It is not hard to admit I like it because I wouldn't be listening to it if I didn't.

When shall his new form be revealed?
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 11:30:59 AM »

Sinatra. Some of the Big Band era artists...Glenn Miller, etc..

BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 11:44:19 AM »

Sinatra. Some of the Big Band era artists...Glenn Miller, etc..

Good stuff! I've always been a fan of Dave Brubeck.

When I'm driving I listen to a lot of podcast especially Clark Howard and The Tech Guy.

The two kinds of music I listen to the most are Rock and Rap.
Megadeth, Metallica, Rammstein, System of A Down, Audioslave, Godsmack, Big Pun, Blue Scholars, Eminem, Immortal Technique, Jay-Z , Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Outkast , T.I., The Game , The L.O.X , Timberland

As for the music I hate to admit I enjoy...
The following is a list of the artist I enjoy four or more of their songs and I have their CD.

Esthero
Gogol Bordello
Bob Seger
Matisyahu
Nelly Furtado
NOFX
Justin Timberlake
Prince
Meat Loaf
David Allen Coe
Brad Paisley
Johnny Cash
Toby Keith
Enya
Frank Sinatra
Miles Davis
Nat King Cole
2046 - Soundtrack
Fiddler on the Roof - Soundtrack
GTA Vice City - Soundtrack
Once Upon a Time in America - Soundtrack
Phantom Of The Opera - Soundtrack

I LOVE Meat Loaf!

Does anyone have to be ashamed of liking Johnny Cash?

« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 11:45:58 AM by Bad Enough Dude » Logged

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 02:46:01 PM »

It looks strange along with the grindcore and violent music I normally rage out to. It's equivalent to a Cannibal Corpse fanatic also liking LeAnn Rymes.

To be honest, I'm not really embarassed by any music I listen to. I just posted that because it would seem out of character for me to like it. I think Leon said it best.

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 10:49:27 AM »

Uhh Aesop Rock, most of the crazy indie crap I listen to (Animal Collective, etc) simply because people here aren't open to that sort of stuff. Also, I really don't mind Fall Out Boy's song Thnks for the Mmrs or whatever. It's catchy I guess.
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 05:14:10 PM »

Uhh Aesop Rock, most of the crazy indie crap I listen to (Animal Collective, etc) simply because people here aren't open to that sort of stuff. Also, I really don't mind Fall Out Boy's song Thnks for the Mmrs or whatever. It's catchy I guess.

What did you think of the last Aesop album?

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 12:40:48 PM »

It's extremely entertaining. I'm not a big fan of rap at all, but there is just something about Aesop Rock that I appreciate. His style just seems a bit different than others. I can't honestly tell you how None Shall Pass compares to his other works though, but I suppose the best term I can come up with describing the album is that it is entertaining considering I know pretty much nothing about what constitutes a good rap album.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length