RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 09:43:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Do you still play games with "Mario" in the title? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Do you still play "Mario" games? (i.e. Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Mario Party, etc.)
Hell yeah! I can't get enough Mario games!   -8 (33.3%)
Yes. As long as it's a good game, I don't care that Mario's the central character.   -13 (54.2%)
No. I'm sick of Mario.   -3 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: Do you still play games with "Mario" in the title?  (Read 3500 times)
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 05:30:06 PM »

What the **** is your problem with Mario phoenix? If it's a solid game just play it. Do you have some inferiority complex in which you must play a game with a macho man or something?
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 05:38:45 PM »

I still play SMB, SMB3, Super Mario World, Mario Kart.  I don't care that he is the main character. If the game is good I play it. And it's hard to play too many Nintendo games without some sort of mario character or reference.
Golf, Mike Tysons Punchout, Donkey Kong, Etc. etc. etc,

THERE IS EVEN A MARIO IN THE ZELDA SERIES. Does anyone know where he is. HA HA HA
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 05:55:19 PM »

What the **** is your problem with Mario phoenix? If it's a solid game just play it. Do you have some inferiority complex in which you must play a game with a macho man or something?

It is called too much of him.

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 06:26:15 PM »

If you need a reminder as to why Mario is still relevent, play Super Paper Mario. One of the best games I've played in a while.

Agreed. I've been playing Super Paper Mario & Mario Party 8 like a madman. Hopefully they will add a Mario Kart soon.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 07:17:59 PM »

It is called too much of him.

It's just Mario overkill I guess. Maybe it'll pass. Maybe it won't. I do applaud Nintendo for making Wii Sports a game without a Mario, though. Grin

two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 12:57:45 AM »

i was very surprised wii sports did not have the mari cast

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 03:25:54 AM »

THERE IS EVEN A MARIO IN THE ZELDA SERIES. Does anyone know where he is. HA HA HA

Tarin's dad was turned into a raccoon in the woods in Link's Awakening.  When returned to his normal form this fellow has an uncanny resemblence of our Italian plumber friend.  Not to mention a lot of other Mario enemies that show up on the side scrolling parts of the game.  There's a Princess Peach easter egg too.

it's thinking
DarthKur
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 12:02:03 PM »

I still love all the old classic games with Mario and Co. in them.

The world has moved on and left me behind. Therefore I choose to retreat into the past.
Samada
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 09:24:25 PM »

If it's a good game I will play it, unless it is a Paper Mario game. I have loved the whole Paper Mario series, but Super Paper Mario wasn't that great. It was ok, but the switching between 2-D and 3-D wore off pretty quick. It was still a fun game though.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 09:34:04 PM by Samada » Logged

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2007, 09:22:51 AM »

If it's a good game I will play it, unless it is a Paper Mario game. I have loved the whole Paper Mario series, but Super Paper Mario wasn't that great. It was ok, but the switching between 2-D and 3-D wore off pretty quick. It was still a fun game though.

That's what I like about the game. You have to keep switching back and forth or you'll miss a hidden passageway, coins, baddie, etc. This makes the game longer, at least for me. Did you beat it? How long did it take you? Right now my wife and I are on Chapter 3-3 and we've played approx. 7 hours if I remember correctly. Not sure how many hours on average it takes to complete it.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2007, 01:19:53 PM »

If they made a Mortal Kombat clone that stared Mario, I'd probly get it just for the ability to fatality Luigi.

Now that would be funny! I wonder if we could design a MK Armageddon look-alike for Mario. Have his fatality be a plunger stick to rip someone's face off...Cool

Note to self in free time create Nintendo look alikes if possible.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length