RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:35:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Animal Crossing Journal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: The Animal Crossing Journal  (Read 6289 times)
yap
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 08:07:24 PM »

Tonight my car was broken into.  Busted the driver's side door, took my stereo and 2 blue DS' from the back seat.

Luckily they didn't snatch the first DS I bought (grey) which had my Animal Crossing cart + savegames.

I lost my mariokart + saves and Advance Wars DS+saves.  Oh well, I'm just glad I still have my Animal Crossing cart.

And, fuck thieves.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 08:23:40 PM »

You had 3 DS systems?

And thank god theives are stupid. When my apartment was broken into 4 years ago I had a Dreamcast, GameCube and a PS2 sitting on my coffe able and tehy took only the Dreamcast deck.  Huh No games controllers or anything else.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 08:25:33 PM by tynstar » Logged

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2006, 07:15:11 AM »

that is terrible. thieves are idiots! they totally piss me off.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2006, 10:09:13 AM »

Yeah, thieves suck.  Except in Morrowind, because everyone is a thief in that game, without fail.

Anyway, back on track.  My house is much bigger now, and my most recent HRA letter congratulated me for a complete set, which I'm guessing would be one of the instrument sets.  There are still a few items I need to get all of those, though.  Speaking of, I need to update my have lists and play Animal Crossing.

- Zac
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 12:54:34 PM »

I borrowed Capt Nintendos DS and have been playing Animal Crossing for the last few days. I paid 115k on his morage and cleaned up his house. Pretty fun so far.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 12:54:44 PM by tynstar » Logged

danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2006, 06:29:13 PM »

Just like the GC version, this game is a little slow for the first couple days when you make your house payments and the store closes etc.  Just made my first payment and visited a few towns to get more fruits.  I have pears and apples, and i should have cherries and oranges soon (they're growing).  I'm looking forward to seeing everyones towns!

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2006, 12:38:32 PM »

There seems to be a glitch today that gives everyone who connects to Nintendo WFC a myststerious item.  Shortly after connecting, you get a blank letter from a blank sender, which has a present.  In the present is a "Red Tulips", which appears in your inventory not as a flower, but as furniture.  If placed in your house, it is invisible, blocks that space, and can not be picked back up.  It can be planted outside (even on pavement) and sold to Nook for 80 bells.

Here is a video that shows what happens when you put the tulips in your house:

Many members of other boards speculate that this was intended as a gift like the Iwata letter, but it was corrupted in some way.  Others believe that somehow Nintendo WFC has been hacked.  I doubt the latter... and hope for the former...  Either way, be careful what you do with the flower, and if you put it in your house, DONT SAVE.  I'm hoping some official info appears soon, and when it does I'll post it here.

EDIT: This has nothing to do with the strange letter, but as a warning there is another HUGE glitch that you should be careful for.  It involves planting pitfalls in front of your town gate and the gate disappearing from your town (effectively disabling wi-fi)  more info and screenshots here: http://forums.nintendo.co..._ww&message.id=250020

EDIT2:  Judging from what I've seen in the Nintendo forums, this game is horribly vulnerable to hacks over WiFi, originating from homebrew software that hacks the game's items to make them invisible or do other starnge things.  This is definitely not good for Nintendo WFC or AC. Hopefully future games will be more secure than this.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 02:03:39 PM by danvx6 » Logged

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2006, 06:25:56 AM »

YEAH add AC to the list of games hackers can ruin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online gaming is becoming more and more over rated!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 06:26:14 AM by tynstar » Logged

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2006, 12:09:12 PM »

Eh, I still have a blast not going online.

Hello World.
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2006, 12:35:28 PM »

Eh, I still have a blast not going online.

Ditto.  I've only gone online to visit other people's towns once, and another time to get the S. Iwata letter.

I guess I'll just visit my friends' towns DS-to-DS for now.

- Zac
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2006, 07:19:41 PM »

Caught a fish today I have not caught yet. I donated it and caught another one a few minutes later.

Tom Nook paid me 15,000 bells for it !!!!!!!!!

Boooyah  |D

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2006, 07:29:17 AM »

@Cap'n: Cealacanth (or something like that)?  That's the rarest fish in the game.  If that's what you caught, awesome!  I need to get one.

Today I bought 10 white turnips and a packet of red turnips from Joan (I think that's her name...), got 8,500 bells from a rock (like every day), paid off 10,000 bells on my house (180,000 to go), donated a fossil to the museum, and bought a harp.  Busy day, for sure...

- Zac
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2006, 12:51:40 PM »

Could have been a stringfish, those are worth 15,000 bells.

Today when I get back home I am going to harvest some oranges, grow some more orange trees, and buy some furniture if there is anything of value to sale.

Hello World.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2006, 04:15:32 AM »

CFB was right about the fishes name.

I must rock if I caught 2 of them in such a short time span ? Wink

Tynstar has been playing / borrowing my DS and Animal Crossing this past week. He paid off this past mortgage and now we have a second floor  |D

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2006, 06:26:40 AM »

The new house costs 598,000 bells. I paid 35,000 Bells on that. Donated a fossil and planted a cherry and coconut tree.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length