RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:56:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | So I got a XBOX. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: So I got a XBOX.  (Read 7259 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 10:33:27 PM »

We all have personal likes. Thats what makes us unique. 

Well said.

a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »

Got a tip from a buddy on a lot of xbox games being at a local goodwill for $3 a piece. Definitely going soon, list in hand. haha Thanks again.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2012, 07:42:43 AM »

I though Otogi 2 was a bit meh, there's lot of games I would recommend before it
No accounting for taste

Everyone has a different taste.  No flame wars here you guys, its all in a personal preference. We all have personal likes. Thats what makes us unique. 

Karma + 1!

@a_hub - Good luck on your hunt. Let us know what you find!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 08:03:21 AM »

I though Otogi 2 was a bit meh, there's lot of games I would recommend before it
No accounting for taste

Everyone has a different taste.  No flame wars here you guys, its all in a personal preference. We all have personal likes. Thats what makes us unique. 

Well said, sir!  Diversity is the spice of life, especially in videogames.

A few years ago I thought about trying to get another Xbox, but knowing there is a good chance the console will have a defective optical drive, not even mentioning hunting down a set of component cables and a Type-S controller kept me away. I gave up before I began.

Now all this talk has got me interested again, but money troubles have kept me away from The Hunt.  Once my money troubles end (i.e., I get a new job) I'll think I'll start keeping an eye out for one.  That or maybe I can try for a trade...

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2012, 05:24:08 PM »

In my area no one wants anything to do with the Xbox. Its going to make collecting for this thing a breeze.  I want to find a Halo Edition just because I like the green. I'll probably end up modifying this one.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2012, 05:53:17 PM »

In my area no one wants anything to do with the Xbox. Its going to make collecting for this thing a breeze.  I want to find a Halo Edition just because I like the green. I'll probably end up modifying this one.

Xbox is dirt cheap up here too. The Crystal Edition box is my favorite looking though.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
gamer2112
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2012, 06:30:25 PM »

Some of my Xbox must-haves...

Fallout Brotherhood of Steel
Far Cry Evolution
Half Life 2
D&D Heroes
Dreamfall The Longest Journey
Soul Calibur II
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Star Wars KOTOR I & II
Star Wars Republic Commando
Painkiller Hell Wars
Unreal Championship
House of the Dead III
Project Gotham Racing 1 & 2

a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2012, 08:12:48 PM »

Xbox is dirt cheap up here too. The Crystal Edition box is my favorite looking though.

Aw man. I forgot about that one.  I like that one a lot too. I would love to find a Mountain Dew edition but I highly doubt it will happen.  I know the Halo edition isn't rare by any means, I just think it looks cool. If only ebay sellers would understand that. haha
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 09:35:34 PM »

I remember when it first came out the Halo controllers were over 100$s a piece on eBay.

I never did end up buying 3 to round out my collection Smiley

raptor94k
Memorex VIS
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2012, 12:58:40 AM »

Speaking of getting an Xbox, I just got one too! I'll have to check out some of these games that have been mentioned.

I was sort of interested in using mine as an emulator as well. I am actually in a situation now where it would be a little easier to have my Xbox hooked up than to keep swapping out systems. So how is the emulation for earlier systems (i.e. NES, SNES, Genesis)? What about as you get into newer stuff like N64, Saturn, PS1?

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2012, 08:20:04 AM »

16-bit emulation and earlier is fantastic on the Xbox. After that I wouldn't recommend it. It's dead simple to soft mod one, and playing classic games in 1080i is fun sometimes. I'm not a huge emulation guy, but I use it for fan translated ROMs and Turbo CD games.

raptor94k
Memorex VIS
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2012, 12:21:33 PM »

Lame. I was hoping that I would be able to play Saturn and Sega CD games on it and have an easy way to save games without having to get RAM carts and what not...

a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2012, 03:05:27 PM »

Lame. I was hoping that I would be able to play Saturn and Sega CD games on it and have an easy way to save games without having to get RAM carts and what not...

Sega CD games are still 16-bit. It should be fine.
gamer2112
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2012, 09:49:02 AM »

Yeah, NeoGenesis emulates Sega CD pretty well.
Still no working Saturn emulation though.
Modded Xboxes with emulators and huge hard drive upgrades show up on Ebay once in a while.
That's where I got mine.

MrFrumble
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2012, 01:36:55 PM »

I just completed my xBox mod project last night. I soft modded it and upgraded the HD to a spare 80GB I had laying around. For software, I'm running the full set of CoinOPS 4 (R10). It took a little time to put this all together.

I played around with it for an hour last night. It is pretty amazing to have access to 3300+ games at your finger tips and the interface for CoinOPS is pretty slick.

However, I've noticed one problem. The d-pad on the original xBox controller SUCKS! It was almost impossible to do a dragon punch with it. I'm going to have to figure out another control method, if I'm going to spend any time with it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length