RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 01:42:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | June 2016 Community Playthrough - Illusion of Gaia 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: June 2016 Community Playthrough - Illusion of Gaia  (Read 29772 times)
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2016, 09:42:54 AM »

I am at the vampire palace. Am I close to the 2nd checkpoint?  One complaint I have is the text going away when you press a direction, I have missed some text because of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2016, 09:57:57 PM »

You've still got a ways to go before you reach the second checkpoint.  As I was playing though the game, I definitely felt like the second checkpoint was the longest of the four, so I probably could have done a better job at dividing up the game.

I also had a problem with the text disappearing because the boxes popped up while I was running.  Very annoying, I wish they would have done a better job at implementing that.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2016, 10:38:54 PM »

Theses vampires suck. No pun intended.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2016, 07:52:27 AM »

Arrived at Watermia last night. Second checkpoint cleared.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2016, 07:58:14 AM »

Third boss fight down - by the skin of my teeth.

Spoiler (hover to show)

EDIT: Checkpoint 2 get

Fought the vampires last night. I couldn't figure out how to make it to the battle with Freedan, since he can't power slide, so I fought with Will.  A bit aggravating and it took me about 8 tries, but I finally downed those mothersuckers.

Is it just me, or is the story for this game all over the damn place?  I'm trying to make sense of it, but I feel like the only ending that will make sense is if Will wakes up from an acid coma.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2016, 08:08:57 AM »

@Nanners: The story really is all over the place. Some of the later stuff is even crazier.

My favorite line from this game is:

Spoiler (hover to show)

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2016, 10:33:02 PM »

Finished the game...

Spoiler (hover to show)

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2016, 01:52:05 PM »

I just finished the game.

That was fun! And yes, the story is nonsense on stilts! Amazing.

I took a bunch of screen captures with the Retron 5, but boy do they come out tiny (fixed, thanks MumboKing)!

Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 10:12:32 AM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2016, 05:27:05 PM »

I took a bunch of screen captures with the Retron 5, but boy do they come out tiny!
Seems they're native resolution screenshots. If you want them bigger, edit your post and change the
Code:
[img width=256 height=224]
to
Code:
[img width=512 height=448]
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2016, 08:47:50 PM »

Now that a busy week is behind me I've got some catching up to do. This afternoon I played up to the Palace of Mu. The Sky Garden gave me a bit of a headache. I've never been a fan of switch-based puzzles and mirror image level layouts, and those always confuse me.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2016, 05:25:14 AM »

the Sky garden was crazy.  Does anyone know if you can travel back to places you have been eventually? I decided to look up where all the red jewels are and I missed one at the house where you wake up after the golden ship gets destroyed.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2016, 06:51:13 AM »

Sorry Doug, I think you're out of luck. For the most part, you really can't visit previous towns and dungeons once you complete them.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2016, 10:19:48 AM »

Unfortunately backtracking to previous areas is impossible for the most part.  This makes collecting all of the red jewels very difficult to do.  I didn't think anybody would be up for it, so I didn't bother mentioning them before.  There's not really much of a reward for collecting them all, but if anybody wants to know what you get:

Spoiler (hover to show)

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2016, 08:39:30 AM »

Some of the Red Jewel bonuses are worth it. I think you get HP upgrades and stuff.

Last night I beat the vampires and made it to Watermia. The vampires were pretty tough so I looked for a way to backtrack to a point where I could turn into Freedan. I've come to realization that he's the go-to character for boss fights.

One thing that I've enjoyed so far is the recreations of actual places. It's cool to visit the Nazca Lines and other mysterious historical places. Sometimes I get the vibe that this game is going to go all Ancient Aliens. Anyone seen that show?

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2016, 10:49:46 AM »

Made it to checkpoint 2, I hope to be to check point 3 by the end of the day tomorrow [img width=700 height=393]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160622/60661b2bbd16f374ebd701362afd6c93.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length