RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:42:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | The amiibo Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: The amiibo Thread  (Read 38415 times)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: February 21, 2015, 01:27:42 PM »

I figured I would start a localized thread on the subject since some of us are very interested and some of us would rather avoid the topic altogether.

This thread is for all things amiibo. Sharing scores and pictures, trade offers, buying/selling, and general discussion.

So far, I think the Mega Man amiibo is the coolest one so far. What are your favorites?

Also, I am interested in trading amiibo and since I have some extra cash this time of the year, I will keep an eye out for any extras to trade on the site, so if you are in need of any amiibo, post it to the site so I can try to help. I currently only have extra Sonics, Mega mans (Mega Men?), Foxes, and Toon Links available for trading, and am in need of Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Marth, Little Mac, and Pit. I would be willing to trade games in my list for amiibo as well.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 07:46:47 PM by Boshamp » Logged

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 02:26:55 PM »

We wont be segregated!!!! Actually its probably for the best Wink

I just got Rosalina, Shulk, Lucario, Sonic and 2 Mega Mans. Tore open one Mega Man and my son and I leveled him up to max level 50 already.

I've got an extra Toon Link, Shiek and Bowser if anyone has an Ike, King Dedede or Meta Knight for tradsies.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
ae.tc
Technician
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 02:58:28 PM »

So far, I think the Mega Man amiibo is the coolest one so far.

which store has MM? -Calif. seems to be delayed by shipping port strike

• Sega Mega-Tech • SNK MVS • Sega Naomi 2 • Kaneko AX • Taito F3 ••
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 03:41:17 PM »

Picked up Meta Knight today. The only reason I got him is because I was in store for the tiny window of time that he was available for preorder at a touchscreen kiosk a few months ago. Also, do you guys know about NowInStock? It's pretty much the only way to snag Amiibos online anymore.
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 07:10:14 PM »

EDIT: All my extra Rosalina's have been traded away. 

Used my 3 extra Rosalina's to pick up Meta Knight, Shulk, and Lucario.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 08:59:03 PM by cverz2 » Logged
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 10:28:21 PM »

Tore open one Mega Man and my son and I leveled him up to max level 50 already.

It really is pitiful how quickly you can level them, plus, I wish there was more to them aside from watching them fight. I would have loved to see an online amiibo fighting game mode, it require more time and effort to level them, and more in depth bonuses. Something like bonus DLC for having all three Kirby characters at 50 when playing Rainbow Curse, or playing as Mega man with his amiibo in Mario Kart 8 or something. I am really looking forward to MP10 though and the extra boards you get with each amiibo. Hopefully they go absolutely nuts with extras related to amiibo.

which store has MM? -Calif. seems to be delayed by shipping port strike

Every store should have gotten at least some Mega Man amiibo. Toys R Us got wave 3B on the 13th and sold out within minutes of opening, Best buy got them in on the 20th, and also sold out within minutes. Target was online only for this half of the wave, Gamestop has declared they are instructing employees to sell them as soon as they get them in, which is randomly for each state and store, so calling your local store at each opening seems to be your only shot there, and Wal-mart does not have any info on whether they will get them in stores or just online. All online sites are sold out of rare amiibo at this time though, according to NowinStock.net...which leads us to the next quote:

Also, do you guys know about NowInStock? It's pretty much the only way to snag Amiibos online anymore.

This was the only reason I got Mega, Ike, and Sonic. They were up on Target.com for a total of 7 minutes and I happened to check the site at the right time.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 10:34:32 PM »

The most frustrating thing for me has been trying to figure out which will be rare and which will not. Bowser might be the only common amiibo from wave 3 that will stay on shelves. Wave 4 releases in April and I cannot put a finger on which will be the must grabs in terms of rarity. I would think the Fire Emblem characters will be rare, If Sonic and Mega are rare, Pac-man should logically be as well, Wario would be the most likely to be common, and Ness and Charizard both sound like they would be rare as well.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 10:52:01 PM »

Ness is going to be rare, 100% guaranteed, gone in minutes, low print run etc. etc. The only ones I'm expecting to be common are Wario and Charizard. Lucina and Robin are rare cause Fire Emblem. Pac-man is going to be Mega/Little Mac/Pit level of rarity. I've actually been completely correct with my predictions thus far, amazingly. The only reason I don't have Marth is because I decided to be weird when preordering my first amiibo and get Peach. (I'm an idiot)
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 10:02:41 AM »

I am falling so gar behind with amiibos.  I got all wave one, all of two but pit and captain falcon and only bowser, Toon Link and shulk from 3.  I just can't get to stores when they have them Sad
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 04:14:18 PM »

I wouldn't call having all of wave 1 far behind. Villager, Fit Trainer, and Marth are still the most expensive and rarest of them all. You can easily catch up considering wave 3 just came out and you are only missing two of wave 2.

Mega man and Sonic have started to be sighted in Wal-mart stores nationwide as of yesterday, so there is still time to head out and hit up a few of those to hopefully get wave 3B, and I still see a lot of 3A all over from time to time as boxes come into stores.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 04:23:03 PM »

Don't forget that Marth is getting rereleased alongside Project Steam.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 02:44:17 AM by Flee » Logged
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 06:00:37 PM »

I thought he was coming with the next Fire Emblem. This is much sooner than I thought it would be. Smiley

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 07:28:36 PM »

If you dudes and dudettes have a Hastings or Tradesmart near you, you should try to special order any amiibo you are missing.

My wife was referred to our local Tradesmart for old amiibo by another person in line while waiting on Friday for Meta Knight. I went today and was able to order Marth, Pit, and Little Mac. They had all of them available to order with the exception of Fit Trainer and Villager.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 07:46:10 PM by Boshamp » Logged

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 08:44:18 AM »

There are none of those stores nearby me.  Sad
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 11:09:23 PM »

Scored a couple trades locally:

A King Dedede for one of my Toon Links.

A Japanese imported Lucario for one my Sonics.

I have now completed wave three and am hoping to catch the pre-order for wave four so I can avoid all the stress that comes with trying to hunt for these things.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length