RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:44:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | What Game Sucked You Into This Hobby? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: What Game Sucked You Into This Hobby?  (Read 4470 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2006, 10:29:29 AM »

Since my first time around i didn't give a real answer i should just clarify now:
No single game got me in to gaming/collecting.
Just the experience and fun as a whole did.

I loved reading/movies because i liked the entertainment or learning factors.
Same reasons i liked games.
Except games took it to a new level it as like a book but with visuals and it was like a movie you played thru.

Essentially games to me were/are a combination of my favorite parts of books and movies.

Silent_shadow
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2006, 03:28:54 AM »

The game that got me hooked. Tough one...

Years ago when i was a little kiddo i got a Gameboy from mine sister (don't recall why) and i belive i got Super mario land and Tetris with it (and a bunch of crap games). I really played for years on mine Gameboy Tetris, Mario 1, 2, Wario (Mario land 3), etc.
Trully those were golden years snif. But that is not what got me hooked.

In 1996 (i belive) i got an Snes for mine birthday and with that i got hooked! From that point on i have been playing like an maniac. Wink

NationalGameDepot
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2006, 10:54:32 AM »

Metroid, no question.  I was always intrigued by this game, but my brother would never let me play it.  So once I got some cash, I started collecting all the NES titles to spite him I think.  No he wants to play, and guess what I tell him Roll Eyes
~~NGD

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2006, 11:46:38 AM »

Pinball...

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember a time before most modern coin-ops.  I used to beg my mom and dad for a quarter..or a nickel...to play one of those old pinball machines with the odometer-type score keepers.  Or to play one of those old western-type machines that had a gun barrel on top and you shot at fast moving metal cut-out cowboys and indians.  They were in every laundromat that my parents went into.  So, they'd fill my pocket up with quarters and nickels so I could play the games they had at the laundromat while they washed clothes.  I still remember the day when they got rid of those old things and brought in a Space Invaders machine.  I was definitely hooked then.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 11:47:24 AM by Pop_Culture_Portal » Logged

Vladimir
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2006, 03:39:36 PM »

Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, Metriod, and Zelda.

I played them all down in the basement of my grandparents house for hours.

yap
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2006, 03:42:09 PM »

I never, ever, understood why people liked Duck Hunt.

two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2006, 05:35:16 PM »

Metroid

Zanicnight
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2006, 10:48:21 AM »

What game sucked me in? I don't know really I always loved video games, no matter the gerne, or the system. Of course I did nto start collecting games till around the same time as Rejinx. Rejinx would have to be more of the reason I got in to game collecting. Althought at the time he was a NES collector and I was collected for whatever system I had. But now we both collect any kind of games.  
Dev1anc3
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2006, 01:59:13 PM »

It wasn't really one game that got me. My gramps gave me a 2600 and about 20 games when I was 3 (which I still have), that pretty much started it...  Plus my mom worked in a truckstop 3rd shift when I was growing up, and instead of paying for a babysitter, I just stayed there during the night. They had a nice size arcade in there that used to be mine pretty much all night. It had about 15 games in it. I used to be up till 7am Playing Pac-Man, Popeye, Defender, Mr. Do, Spy Hunter, Asteroids, and all sorts of other shit...  pretty sweet when you're 5 years old.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 01:59:33 PM by DevIancE » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length