RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:42:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December Retro Community Playthrough - Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: December Retro Community Playthrough - Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3  (Read 34908 times)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2013, 11:45:53 PM »

It's a little hard to tell, but my high score today was 118700.  You only get a few seconds to take a picture so I didn't have much of a chance to get it in focus.

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w365/adsanislo/20131201_203515_zps1a28e717.jpg[/img]

I swear some of the enemies in this game are impossible to hit.   Like that Wolverine boss in level 2... you can't hit him without the special.

NxCmp
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 02:07:43 AM »

Here are 2 pictures of my first attempt at Streets of Rage 1 on Genesis
Score: 241,600
Picture 1: Picture taken close before GAME OVER
Picture 2: Really Blurry but it reads 241600 // NXC
Note: My first attempt at 2am =P

Link

Need computer or other I.T. related help ? Send me a PM, would be glad to help.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 07:50:03 AM »

Nice work guys! I'll post these scores ASAP

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
NxCmp
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 07:57:25 AM »

This is my first Community Playthough, will scores be posted in the OP ?

Also, question, for the addition points for "- and an addtional +5 points for finishing each game with a partner" Can continues be used ?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 08:08:08 AM by NxCmp » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2013, 08:37:11 AM »

This is my first Community Playthough, will scores be posted in the OP ?

Also, question, for the addition points for "- and an addtional +5 points for finishing each game with a partner" Can continues be used ?

Yes, I will post scores in the original post. I will post scores for each week for each game and also during the Battle Royale. After the end of each week, I will talley points so that everyone can keep up with the overall standings.

Yes, continues can be used for the partner playthrough. No additional points will be awarded for completing the game with a parter and using no continues; this will only be for the individual run through.

Hope this clears things up. If not, please let me know. Great questions and thanks for participating NxCmp. Smiley

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013, 08:43:48 AM »

Scores added to initial post. Pop in those Streets of Rage carts and discs and let the beatings continue!

NxCmp
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2013, 09:23:10 AM »

Are we only allowed to have one score post per day ?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2013, 10:22:23 AM »

Are we only allowed to have one score post per day ?

Another good question. No, score posts are unlimited, just remember to only post scores for the game of the week. Once we get the Battle Royale week and a half, score posts will be open for all three games. I will try and keep the scores updated often and as accurate as possible. If you have any issues with your posted score(s) or total points, please send me a PM and we will work it out. Thanks.

RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2013, 03:59:03 PM »

What difficulty is everyone playing on?  I'm assuming normal,  right?  Stock lives?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2013, 04:01:52 PM »

What difficulty is everyone playing on?  I'm assuming normal,  right?  Stock lives?

Yeah, normal difficulty and stock lives por favor.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2013, 04:46:05 PM »

Not sure if this has been asked yet (since I've stayed away from the thread), but are you excluding the Genesis Collection on X360/PS3? It allows for in-game saves.
EDIT: Looks like it's included. Just wanted to mention since you can easily use the in-game saves to do a continue-less run. In fact, I did a deathless run for my achievements on x360 originally.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 04:52:14 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2013, 04:52:32 PM »

Not sure if this has been asked yet (since I've stayed away from the thread), but are you excluding the Genesis Collection on X360/PS3? It allows for in-game saves.

Dont see how this is an issue. Both versions of Ducktales were allowed this summer, even though Remastered saves progress.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2013, 04:59:36 PM »

EDIT: Looks like it's included. Just wanted to mention since you can easily use the in-game saves to do a continue-less run. In fact, I did a deathless run for my achievements on x360 originally.

We will keep it for the sake of having more platforms for people to join in the playthrough. I would hope that our members would abide by the honor system and not use the in-game saves. I know it's kind of competative and that's what makes it fun; however, if someone cheats, well they'll just have to be content with being dishonest. We have a great group of members here and I don't think that will be a problem. Glad you brought it up though Shadow.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2013, 05:05:21 PM »

Made some updates to the initial post regarding some of the recent questions and concerns. Thanks a ton for the input everyone. I think this is going to be a lot of fun.

RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2013, 05:13:15 PM »

Got much further without using a continue today.   I find that's it a lot easier to get through the levels without using the weapons.  It's too easy to get surrounded and the weapons are too slow.   I don't even think theyre that much more effective to begin with.

New high score: 228400

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w365/adsanislo/20131202_140827_zps74d6a07d.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:14:50 PM by RetroRage » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length