RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:19:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Sometimes common isnt that common 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sometimes common isnt that common  (Read 2568 times)
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« on: March 01, 2006, 07:03:05 PM »

While trying to complete my nes collection Ive come to relize that just because a game is listed as common or semi common in no way means finding it complete is a easy task.    ..Good example is bubble bobble 2  it always demands a high price complete or just the box goes for a good bit ,but there always seems to be one avalible. compared to best of the best championship karate,conan,zombie nation and others which the carts sell for under 10.00 dollars but the game complete  hardly ever comes up for sale or auction. I searched ebay every day for three months before I got lucky and saw best of the best in a lot and was able to talk the seller into selling it seprate. So I guess just because a game is common finding it complete isnt a easy task. for the nes guys what do you consider the hardest boxes to find

1.STADIUM EVENTS
2.MYRIAD 6 IN 1
3.CALTRON 6 IN 1
4.CHUBBY CHERUB
5.CONAN
6.BONK'S ADVENTURE
7.SQOON
8.JIMMY CONNERS TENNIS
9.INDIANA JONES UBI SOFT
10.BEST OF THE BEST CHAMPIONSHIP KARATE

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 07:09:57 PM »

I agree with you. Loose collecting to me is an easy way to collect. People some time confuse price with rarity.

OMG Chrono Trigger is 100 is is super RARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm....No it is just a popular game.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 03:15:44 AM »

People some time confuse price with rarity.

Sometimes? Wink  Just about 99% of the auctions that I see, even here in Europe, for games like Mega Man, Castlevania, Probotector/Contra, etc, always say RARE, super hard to get, etc....ahh well.  

As for the hardest boxes to get, I just find deals on games I don't have yet and pick them up, so I don't check eBay for longer periods for any one game and therefore don't have much of a clue Wink  Your list looks pretty good, though, based on what I've heard Wink

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 04:33:02 AM »

I would throw Little Sampson up there as well.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 04:41:17 AM »

I agree with you. Loose collecting to me is an easy way to collect.

not to mention more affordable. plus you still have the game to play. don't need the box for that. you can always get that later.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 06:22:32 AM »

not to mention more affordable. plus you still have the game to play. don't need the box for that. you can always get that later.

Yeah I agree but I am more of a game collector the game player. If at all possible I want it complete or at least boxed so I dont have to buy it again later.

CIB collectiing is still affordable I just dont buy everything I see. Also if I see a really rare game losse for a good price I wont pass it up.  Wink

I know you hate my collecting style Den. Tongue

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 07:43:40 AM »

If at all possible I want it complete or at least boxed so I dont have to buy it again later.

uh, didn't you just post several e-bay wins for games you already had.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 08:12:49 AM »

uh, didn't you just post several e-bay wins for games you already had.

Yeah one was a replacement manual and the other one I thought I had.

I do buy games with out manuals from time to time but I have passed on my games then I have bought. Usually the games I need manuals for are the harder to find games.

I bought the 7800 library in one deal and Tomcat was one of the loose games so thats why I bought the CIB one.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 08:15:53 AM by tynstar » Logged

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 09:57:13 AM »

that's why I don't usually pass up loose games. if I find it again complete or at least the box I'll buy it again. it does make it a little trickier to keep track of what I have.

the games that came in carboard I'm less picky about. hell, I'd only have about 60 NES games if I passed on loose stuff.  I am a collector but I don't want to have to wait till I find a complete copy to play all these games either.

no need for anyone to point out emulation. I wan't no part of that.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 10:30:48 AM »

If I find a "rare" game loose, then I will buy it. Otherwise, I can normally wait to find it CIB. It's not really a race for me  Wink

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 11:05:01 AM »

no need for anyone to point out emulation. I wan't no part of that.

I agree with you on that. The only thing I would use it for is screen shots for the site.

qixmaster
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 10:11:06 PM »

but back on topic.  some of the hardest to find NES boxes are (in my opinion) are:
the ones you listed above +
Flintstones 2
moon ranger
castle of deceit
challange of the dragon (+ the box variations that come up next to never.)
secret scout
zombie nation
snow bros
little samson
race america
qix
die hard
cliffhanger
bram stokers dracula
wayne's world
last action hero.
menace beach

-Josh
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 05:58:45 PM »

i agree challenge of the dragon  box never comes up for auction even complete...now that i said that ebay will be flooded.

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 06:26:26 PM »

I think you could also add Cool World and Lethal Weapon to the list...those boxes are pretty uncommon as well.  

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length