RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 01:21:46 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Board Game Night! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Board Game Night!  (Read 43141 times)
Crazy_Opossum
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2013, 06:11:06 PM »

Well I had an interesting Board game night ... first I played Risk, and Then a similar game called Power Barons... I got to say... it is pretty fun to take over the world... Wink

~The Craziest Opossum you know!
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2013, 07:42:46 PM »

I have been completely obsessed with board gaming for the last few months and often neglecting RFG in the process. Thank god this thread exists or I'd have nothing to talk about.

I know exactly how you feel.  I go through phases where I get really into one thing and neglect some of the others for a few weeks.  Tomorrow is a big board game day for my group.  We will be playing lots of stuff.  I'll try to remember to take pictures.

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2013, 07:44:42 PM »

Well I had an interesting Board game night ... first I played Risk, and Then a similar game called Power Barons... I got to say... it is pretty fun to take over the world... Wink

Have you tried Risk Legacy?  Very cool twist on the standard Risk game.  I don't want to spoil anything but the game changes the more you play it.  If you are into world domination, I'd also recommend Fortress America, though it is quite a bit more complicated than RISK.  Game of Thrones the Board game and Eclipse are also great empire expansion/battle games.  Also, War of the Ring.  God, so many great board games.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2013, 07:45:40 AM »

Have you tried Risk Legacy?  Very cool twist on the standard Risk game.  I don't want to spoil anything but the game changes the more you play it.  If you are into world domination, I'd also recommend Fortress America, though it is quite a bit more complicated than RISK.  Game of Thrones the Board game and Eclipse are also great empire expansion/battle games.  Also, War of the Ring.  God, so many great board games.

I had an old Fortress America game I got for a buck at a garage sale. Mostly liked the little figures, and never could get anyone to play with except my six year old sister.

When shall his new form be revealed?
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2013, 08:46:39 AM »

Nice!  I've only played the newer version of Fortress America from 2008 but it is a re-printing of the old game so I think they are pretty similar. Getting people to sit down and play is one of my challenges as well.  It's best to find a local gaming shop that has an open board game night.

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2013, 01:31:43 PM »

I have an as-of-now unopened Risk Legacy box on my board game shelf. I can not wait to get into this.

I am also (hopefully) getting a lot of board gaming done tonight. I will try to post a report/pics as well.

Crazy_Opossum
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2013, 04:00:44 PM »

I hope I dont get sucked into space like on the movie, but this is my board game night tonight..

~The Craziest Opossum you know!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2013, 10:16:15 PM »

Just picked up a game from my childhood, Screaming Eagles. Fun, fighter pilot game.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2013, 01:47:18 PM »

Recently played my first game of Agricola.  Excellent worker placement game that pretty much defines what a Euro is.

Going to try to play X-Wing Minis at Board Game Night tomorrow.  I have all these ships and haven't played yet!

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2013, 02:47:39 AM »

so many obscure board games, i can't think of any that i've played beyond some classics.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2013, 02:08:35 PM »

Just picked up a game from my childhood, Screaming Eagles. Fun, fighter pilot game.

I had one called Dogfight that was a World War I fighter pilot game. Shit was legit. Also had one called Broadsides by the same company that was a war of 1812 sea battle game. I should go dig those out.

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2013, 02:13:46 PM »

so many obscure board games, i can't think of any that i've played beyond some classics.

Most of the great tabletop games are definitely not mainstream games that everyone has heard of but I wouldn't exactly call them obscure either. 

If you are interested, take a look at some of the top rated games on bgg.  http://boardgamegeek.com/browse/boardgame

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2013, 03:09:45 PM »

That site is amazing.

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »

Played my second game of Agricola last night.  Seriously great game. 

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2013, 01:31:34 PM »

Just dropped a little cash on a Kickstarter I wanted to let you guys know about.  I was an English major in undergrad/grad school, so this game is right up my alley. Plus, Moby Dick is my favorite book of all time. The game looks really good, so be sure to check out the trailer (?) as well as the two gameplay videos. Would really love to get this one over the $100,000 mark for the custom dice reach goal.

http://www.kickstarter.co...oby-dick-or-the-card-game

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length