RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 03:02:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | The Last Story 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: The Last Story  (Read 49253 times)
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2013, 02:10:17 PM »

Is everyone finished the game? Today I played up to Chapter 29. It's really picked up and I'm having a blast with the story.

What levels are you guys? I'm hoping to do some online co-op with anyone whose interested.

not yet, i'm still on chapter 28. glad i'm not the only one who's behind Wink
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2013, 02:15:10 PM »

Welcome to the Stragglers' Club!

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2013, 05:06:24 AM »

finished to the start of chapter 35! almost there, it's definitely getting epic now.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #153 on: January 14, 2013, 08:44:46 AM »

The game gets really interesting around the chapters in the mid-twenties. Interesting plot twists are revealed, the battles become more exciting.

I'm roughly at the same point in the game as you Techwizard. Hoping to finish today.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2013, 08:59:47 AM »

Good luck on those working to finish. I'm interested to hear what you think of the ending.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2013, 09:51:52 AM »

The game gets really interesting around the chapters in the mid-twenties. Interesting plot twists are revealed, the battles become more exciting.

I'm roughly at the same point in the game as you Techwizard. Hoping to finish today.

So true. First the first several chapters I was waiting for the game to really draw me and and get moving and right around that point your talking about it did just that.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2013, 03:22:36 PM »

Just played up to the beginning of Chapter 41. It feels good to join the guys who finished the game.

The boss battles in Chapter 40 were downright fun! I really liked how the story culminated although I knew Dagran was the traitor from early on... I mean he was missing for a good chunk of the game. The character started off pretty superficial and Zael was very wimpy, but the way they matured was presented very well.

That was $40 well spent. I'd say this takes the number two spot in my top RPG list right behind FF X.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2013, 06:20:28 AM »

i just finished too! i walked around the castle a bit during the epilogue and found chapter 42, so i finished that before stopping...though i haven't actually found the start of 43 yet. i highly recommend talking to as many people as you can everywhere in the epilogue, there seems to be a lot of cutscenes that pop up to tie up loose ends and add a bit more to the characters.  chapter 42 itself was pretty integral to the story too.

one thing i was kind of weirded out by was to not see any credits at the end...it makes me wonder, does the game not count it as fully finished until we go and do all the rest of the chapters we've missed? or is there really no credits sequence?
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2013, 07:25:53 AM »

There was a credit sequence for me, did you get the final scene at the stargazer tower?
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2013, 02:02:11 PM »

really? that's weird...i did get a cutscene at stargazer's tower, with the outsider being sent away. after all that it just faded to white and i was back in the castle bedroom.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2013, 02:07:48 PM »

really? that's weird...i did get a cutscene at stargazer's tower, with the outsider being sent away. after all that it just faded to white and i was back in the castle bedroom.

There's another stargazer's tower sequence at night. The credits roll shortly after that.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2013, 03:51:15 PM »

so i just beat The Last Story this morning guys! i didn't even say anything about beating it last night. you must have imagined it. i hope. laugh

anyway ya i explored a bit more this morning before work and found the actual ending, it was good! though i don't like that you had to search to find it...they could easily have just continued the cutscenes from the outsider scene at stargazer's tower. it was hard work getting to that part, and it would have been nice to have a more laid back ending where it's like other games...you beat the boss, and then enjoy the rewards of a satisfying ending to the story. this way made it a feel a little anti-climatic and more work than it had to be.

i do like that they have a lot of things being wrapped up as you explore the city and castle, but i think they could have done the ending to the credits, and then put you back into the epilogue after you finish.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2013, 03:59:33 PM »

Now that you mention it, I kind of agree that it was a fair bit of work to get to the final credits. Even though I didn't mind fighting the baddies in the Arganon tomb it would have been nice to just cut to the chase and show everything in the form of cutscenes.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2013, 05:54:13 AM »

http://thehut.pantherssl..../products/10578879/ll.jpg

why does europe usually get the better limited editions for everything
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats