RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:59:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 12/3/06 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Do you think this is Sony's last console system?
Yes, the PS3 won't take off like they want it to.   -4 (16%)
Yes, they will be strictly software like Sega.   -1 (4%)
I'm not sure.   -4 (16%)
No, there will be a PS4.   -13 (52%)
Only in a perfect world.   -3 (12%)
Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 12/3/06  (Read 4451 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: December 03, 2006, 07:27:19 PM »

"Industry analyst from Nomura Securities, Yuta Sakurai, said that based on recent events and appointments, "I Cannot now imagine a PlayStation 4," suggesting that the PlayStation 3 would be Sony's last console.

The analyst cited recent events like PS3 shortages and the new appointments within the company as reasons to believe Sony would make a shift to software much like Sega did a few years ago."

Do you think there will be a PS4? 

This article is courtesy of nintendojo.  Check out www.nintendojo.com for this article and many other articles. 

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 11:04:44 PM »

There will be a PS4.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 02:23:58 AM »

There will be a ps4 of course. However, will it actually be called that? Only time will tell.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 03:11:09 AM »

I'm not realy sure if there will be or not.  With the launch of the PS3 only a few weeks gone it's hard to say if sales will be great or poor for it over its lifespan.  All personal hopes or fears aside I'm just not certain.  Ask this next year and we'll atleast have had a years total for sales figures.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 06:56:01 AM »

"Yes, they will be strictly software like Sega."
Well considering how often Sony brings out games they would be pretty screwed if that scenario came true, and it probably wouldn't be worth their time and money.

chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 09:45:16 AM »

i think there will be a playstation 4, but i can see sony spinning off the playstation name into its own company or selling the brand to somebody else
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 11:14:16 AM »

i think there will be a playstation 4, but i can see sony spinning off the playstation name into its own company or selling the brand to somebody else

Thats what I was thinking. Maybe Sega will buy it and make a console again. That would be damn funny. But it won't happen.

Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 11:25:00 AM »

I'm pretty sure that there will be a PS4 of some sort, given how a Sony worker of some sort called out the analyst's claims, stating that they're "unfounded" or something. The question is, is that Sony exec just trying to defend the PS3 or trying to show that no, they're not dying any time soon?
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 11:44:47 AM »

Unless Sony suddenly decided that they don't like money, there will be a PS4.  I heard this over the weekend, and my first reaction was "Wow, that's unbelievable!".  Then 2 seconds later I thought "That's because it is.  Sony has no reason to drop out of console manufacturing."  They still make VCR's for God's sake!*

*Sony may or may not still make VCR's.  That isn't something I actively track.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 11:52:50 AM »

They are not making money on the PS3 yet. It took some time before they did on the PS2. Once they did start they made a shit load of money.

INVOK3R
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 12:48:25 PM »

Right now, the game developers are saying that it is very difficult to develop games for the PS3.

Also, Sony is currently losing $200 to $300 dollars per system they sell.

I think once the game developers figure out how to better develop games, Sony increases its production numbers, and the enthusiasm of Sony fanboys/girls and other gamers continues towards the PS3... then there will be a PS4 (or a likely name change).

Play in your world... Die in mine!
chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 02:41:33 PM »

sony buisness model dictates they have a huge market share to be profitable, it wouldnt take much effort on nintendo and microsofts part to eat enough market share away to make the PS3 a money loser. 
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 05:16:43 PM »

It is weird, the fourth something in a series is never simply called 4.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 07:22:17 PM »

uhh... Simcity 4, Rocky 4, Lethal Weapon 4

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 09:37:34 PM »

uhh... Simcity 4, Rocky 4, Lethal Weapon 4

Sim City stopped the trend at #3.  Sim City 3000, not Sim City 3.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length