RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:53:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Walking Dead: Season Two 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead: Season Two  (Read 1921 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« on: December 18, 2013, 10:13:30 PM »

Season Two of Telltale's mega hit The Walking Dead released yesterday on all major platforms. The media outlets are praising the game and I know it's pretty popular among quite a few RF Genners, so I thought it would be a nice idea to discuss our choices, interpretations, and thoughts of this season.

Who has played Episode One already? Do you like the improvements, and the UI borrowed from The Wolf Among Us,  Telltale put into this new bunch of games? And most importantly, did you enjoy this return to The Walking Dead world as Clementine?

Looking forward to discussing with everyone.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 10:38:10 PM »

Here is my internal struggle: I don't like large gaps between segments in these types of games, so I usually wait until the season has finished to play. This also puts me behind the discussions, and I have to fight like crazy to avoid spoilers. First world problems.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 12:05:23 AM »

Like Duke i won't be buying it very soon (most likely.)

I still have my season 1 save file though since they had said your choices were supposed to carry over. I hope they do. I am excited to see how things turn out.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 08:16:03 AM »

How many episodes have to be available before you tackle an episodically released series?

I bought the season 1 compilation on PS3 and breezed through all the episodes in about a week so that didn't leave me with much time to think about the decisions I made and come up with guesses about where the series was going on. I bought season 2 now because I wanted to try the opposite approach and see how the two experiences would compare.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:23:59 AM by Fleach » Logged

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 08:58:12 AM »

Price is more of an issue than episodes available. Very very rarely will i buy digital content at full price.
Season 1 the first episode was given away for free and on sale for half off or more several times. And i believe every other episode (barring 400 Days) was on sale for 50-80% off on several occasions also.

Season 1 i did buy many most/all of them at the 5$s a piece (can't remember for sure if i waited on any sales) but at the time i also had disposable income (i like the term fun money better)

While i do really want to play this i know it is going to get discounted and i own enough unplayed games that i don't have to spend more money to find something new to play.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 11:50:50 PM »

I loved season 1.  I rented the disc from Redbox for a day and beat the game within 24 hours.  I will likely do the same with this if it ever gets a physical release.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 12:42:59 AM »

Never got through Season 1. Story just wasn't interesting enough to keep me...interested.

When shall his new form be revealed?
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 09:41:00 AM »

I loved season one as far as content but many many technical issues really softened the emotional blow of a lot of the story. I played on 360, digital versions. I had to play one episode almost completely twice and had many freezes and problems that really marred the overall experience for me. I did love it, I just hope they tighten up the performance and I'll be waiting to hear if they do before I delve into this one.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 12:50:38 PM »

I'm playing on PS3 and there aren't many technical issues other than frame rate problems here and there. Seems that never got fixed in the second season.

Season two does play better than the first installment. The quick time event interface is borrowed right out of The Wolf Among Us and doesn't quite fit in with The Walking Dead's colour scheme (they don't stand out as much as in they do in The Wolf Among Us). I don't know why this is, but it seems that you can press the wrong button and the correct action is performed.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 12:38:32 AM »

I loved season one as far as content but many many technical issues really softened the emotional blow of a lot of the story. I played on 360, digital versions. I had to play one episode almost completely twice and had many freezes and problems that really marred the overall experience for me. I did love it, I just hope they tighten up the performance and I'll be waiting to hear if they do before I delve into this one.

Wasn't that the retail release? I remember something about the game being horrendous and they either gave out free download codes to those effected by the retail versions problems. (Really don't think it was the other way around lol)

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 06:23:25 AM »

Wasn't that the retail release? I remember something about the game being horrendous and they either gave out free download codes to those effected by the retail versions problems. (Really don't think it was the other way around lol)

Ironically, I had intended to wait for the disc release but when I heard about all those problems I opted for downloading. There was some really good sale on the downloads too at the time that influenced me. Maybe my experiences were somewhat isolated, but I had a really hard time with the downloaded episodes.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 08:44:33 AM »

I didn't know the disc releases were so buggy. Mine played fine for the most part.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2013, 02:24:03 AM »

I ran into maybe two or three instances where the quick-time prompt didn't show up, but other than that, the disc copy I had played fine.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length