RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:01:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 6/3/07 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: How often do you rent video games?
I rent games all the times.   -0 (0%)
I often do, they are much cheaper than buying.   -0 (0%)
Only big name titles.   -0 (0%)
Every once in a while.   -9 (33.3%)
Never, I buy all my games.   -18 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 6/3/07  (Read 5532 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: June 03, 2007, 12:00:23 PM »

How often do you rent video games?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 12:13:13 PM »

I've rented a few games before. I soon decided £3.50 for two nights wasn't worth it at all. One of them was ok because I finished it in two days, TH:UG2. For the most part £3.50 is just far too much.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 12:39:50 PM »

I've never rented a game in my life.  I usually buy my games for what it costs to rent it.

TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 01:51:54 PM »

i would have picked that i never rent video games, but i have rented in the past so i chose every once in a while. its been a long long time since i rented a game. when i was a kid though my brother and i rented nes games almost every weekend. of course that was when they were $2 for 5 nights. but like james said $7 is far too much to be paying for 2 days.  i think at hollywood video its a 5 day rental. i cant remeber. its been 2 years since irented a game there. but still 5 days can be not long enough. if i did rent i'd probably go to blockbuster cause no late fees.

here is my main argument to not rent: rental stores dont take care of their games. when i did rent disc games half the time they were fucked up.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 02:31:43 PM »

Every once in awhile. The last time I rented a game is was in January...and it was because I had a free rental to use up.

Other than that, I'm less likely to rent these days because of the availability of downloadable demos and the resources available via the internet regarding game quality critiques.

If there's a game I know I'll buy, I'll reserve it (i.e. Mass Effect, Halo 3) and if it turns out to be suspect, than I'll change the reservation to something else or get my money back.

If I buy a game without reserving it first, it's likely to be at after it's been marked down significantly.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 02:36:11 PM »

Nevar!

When shall his new form be revealed?
weloveretro
N-Gage
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 02:40:47 PM »

I don't do it anymore because I don't own any current gen consoles, I mainly just buy new games for my PC. I used to rent SNES games back in the day. I remember some great ones like Wing Commander and Warp Speed (which everyone seems to hate!).

Anyway gotta go now, this thread has jogged my memory and I'm gonna go look for a copy of Wing Commander on Ebay!
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 03:40:58 PM »

When I was little I rented games (see Uniracers).

Now, I buy my games.

Hello World.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 05:18:48 PM »

Like TraderJake, I rented games a lot more when I was younger. Now it costs like $7 to rent a Wii/360/PS3 game for 5 days, which is a ripoff when you can buy a good used PS2 game for that price.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 07:06:13 PM »

I used to rent games all the time when I was a Kid. NES, SNES, SEGA.    But since then only once in a great while. If I want a game REALLY BAD, BUT i'm affraid it might suck. Then I might rent it first.    But I haven't done that in several years.
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 09:50:15 PM »

ha ha. no one has voted for the top three choices. what would you expect for a video game "COLLECTING" site. lol.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 09:53:53 PM »

i never rent

Samada
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 11:26:34 PM »

I rarely rent games. The last one I rented was Elebits during Christmas time because I wanted to play it and see if it was worth buying (which it wasn't really worth $50, although pretty fun).

UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 11:55:11 PM »

I voted "Every once in a while".

I use to, I don't remember the last time I rented a game? It must have been a few years....
I remember renting Red Faction when it was a new release, back in 2001 (I just looked it up).

Maybe i should have voted "Not anymore, I buy all my games now".
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 01:06:01 AM »

I stoped renting the day I got a job and that was a long time ago.  Rental is just too expensive.  It costs more to rent then to buy many games used.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length