RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 03:52:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | A DS Saga, What would you do? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A DS Saga, What would you do?  (Read 1426 times)
geraldwhite
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: June 14, 2006, 07:11:44 AM »

First off let me say that this is my first post here... Hi... I am working on my collection and trying to get everything on there over the weekend.

Anyway, Last night I took a trip to best buy to return something and I was looking around the store to see what i could buy for 265 bucks in store credit. I stepped over to the Nintendo ds area and i saw Mario (the new one), I liked it its really fun, the fact is I bought a DS right when they came out but then sold it because it didn't have any games I liked, and I bought a PSP. Log story short, I looked all over the store for someone and finally I found a girl and said

Me: I would like to get the DS
Girl: What?
Me: The D....
Girl: the Nintendo DS?
Me: Yes
Girl: (looking at me like I'm stupid) those sold out, the new one just came out.
Me: Damn!

Anyway, I'm not up to date on the DS, and had no idea that the new one came out on Sunday. Anyway what would you guys do?
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 08:59:00 AM »

Well there's always the interweb and e-bay which, and I'm not checking this so don't believe me, is probably gonna cost you more right now since the Lite just came out. Otherwise shop around or wait for the store to get one in.

P.S. Welcome to the board, and is what I answered actually what you're asking?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 08:59:56 AM by The_Other_Leon » Logged

When shall his new form be revealed?
Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 09:02:11 AM »

Go to Walmart - 90 day return policy on it (Check to make sure your Walmart is the same as mine).

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 09:49:57 AM »

Buy a non-lite version.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 11:38:10 AM »

Buy a non-lite version.

Just like shaggy said. I have the original DS & I really like it. I'm not worried about the new lite version. Maybe one day I'll pick one up at a yard sale, but for now my original DS is just fine.

Welcome to the boards & good luck searching for the lite.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 03:22:53 PM »

The reviewers say get a lite, and depending on where you are other best buys should have it, I know at least three Best Buys in Cincinnati still have it as of today, and I went to the nearby Meijer (the nice equivalent of Wal-Mart) and they still have a ton.

If you can find one I'd say get the lite, it costs the same, is smaller, sexier, has a bigger stylus, and a brighter screen. If I didn't already have an original I'd definitely pick one up now.

Hello World.
geraldwhite
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 07:04:43 AM »

Alright, Thanks for the replies here's the update.

First off I live in California and people line up around the block just to say the have the first "insert system here".

But anyway I went to another best buy and I asked and they said they were out but a truck was coming in an hour that "might" have some on it. So i waited, first I checked out their over priced audio cables, then i played Guitar Hero (Rob Zombies Thunder kiss '65) the game is pretty good.

After an hour the truck came and they said nope, they don't have any. So I asked another dude and he looked on the truck and brought in two cases!

So I got one, I also bought the new Mario game, Monkey ball, nintendogs, and Tetris. I have player Mario and Tetris both are pretty awesome.

Well that's it thanks for the help guys.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 08:55:03 AM »

Well, as a stock boy, I'll tell you those trucks can be pretty damn confusing. Although probably the first guy didn't even look as is the true stockboy way.

When shall his new form be revealed?
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 11:29:15 AM »

Congrats on finding one. I've been to a few places since my last post & I've seen a few places with a good amount in stock. It's a good thing you waited. =)

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 11:30:44 AM »

Although probably the first guy didn't even look as is the true stockboy way.

laugh

So true, I know even managers will do that.

Hello World.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length