RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:50:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Go Packers! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Go Packers!  (Read 2514 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: December 07, 2005, 11:25:01 AM »

Or not.  I think it is time for Brett Favre to retire.  If Brett Favre doesn't retire Mike Sherman needs to at least step down or get fired.  Anyone else agree?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 11:27:03 AM »

I don't know too much about the situation up there, but something definitely needs to change in Green Bay.  I'd venture to say that perhaps Favre should retire AND Mike Sherman should step down.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 06:59:21 AM »

And if Detroit beats Green Bay on Sunday, the entire team should be brought into the center of town and pegged with fruit.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 07:28:37 AM »

That team has gone way down hill.

I think maybe that first round draft pick should be seeing some time in the second half of some of these games.

Of course Favre is like a god up there, I dont know how well the fans would take to Favre "being forced out".

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 08:19:45 AM »

I dunno about putting the new guy in there in the second half.  Taking a guy who has never played in the NFL and throwing him into a game that is totally a lost cause will only do bad things to him.  The NFL puts enough pressure on players when they are starting out, much less having them start out in a whole that is quickly getting deeper and asking them to get out of it.  Doing something like that could really break the guy.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 09:38:56 AM »

Maybe, but I think if they put him out there with no expectations, then mayeb he will be allright.

I am in the camp of "its ok to start a rookie QB his first year" I mean, I am a huge Cowboy fan and Aikman got knocked around his rookie season (1-15). Everything turned ok pretty good for him  Wink

Probably best to make a change during the off season though. I wonder who will have the top picks in next years draft?

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 10:38:50 AM »

My prediction for draft order would be something like this: Texans, Packers, Jets, Browns, Saints, 49ers.  All reeeeeally bad teams that need help.  The Texans had the chance at a perfect 0-16 season but the Browns had the audacity to lose to them.  What were they thinking?  Just imagine: the first year a team goes 0-16 while another goes 16-0.  Since it's not gonna happen now, I hope the Colts lose hardcore.

</unrelated ramblings>

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 10:49:56 AM »

All teams that where really good go through this phase. Lakers, Cowboys, Red Wings, etc...

They will rebuild.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 10:58:18 AM »

And the Bengals!  Don't forget the best team of them all! (With the exception of Ohio State, which is really the best team of them all.)

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 11:13:52 AM »

I have said it before and I will say it again. The Bengals where good? In my life time?

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 11:31:22 AM »

In 1990 they were.  That's the last year they had a winning season and went to the playoffs.  You should have been about 15 or 16 then, right?  And in 1988 they were AFC Champs.  Lost to the niners in the Super Bowl.  Stupid Sam Wyche.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 05:07:47 AM »

Actually, the Bengals were good for a good portion of the mid to late 80's.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 05:13:15 AM »

Yea, Go Boomer!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length