RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:18:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 10/7/07 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Bungie has officially become an idependant company.  What do you think about this?
This is great!  Now Bungie has creative control over there games.   -12 (54.5%)
Hmmm, it doesn't matter to me either way.   -9 (40.9%)
This sucks!  I want Bungie for Microsoft platforms only!   -0 (0%)
Bungie who?  They did what?   -1 (4.5%)
Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 10/7/07  (Read 7215 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: October 07, 2007, 01:50:09 PM »

Bungie is officially an independant company.  What do you think about this?  For more info go to Bungie's official website or click the link: http://www.bungie.net/New...ype=topnews&cid=12834

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 02:06:22 PM »

No matter how much I like Halo, and what its done to make the Xbox a viable platform, forcing Bungie to do any more Halo games would lead to stagnation.  This is a good move for Bungie, though one can expect their next few games to be for the 360.  I would like to see a fresh shooter or strategy game from them again.

it's thinking
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 02:17:25 PM »

It's wonderful from Bungie's point of view. Now they aren't pigeonholed into making Halo for the rest of their lives and have control over what they make now. Well, that and they can make stuff for Macintosh and other systems again.

ONI 2!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring it on!

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 02:30:24 PM »

It's great, I can only dream of a Myth 4.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 03:49:48 PM »

Yay they can make Mac games again!
Not to mention games that simply aren't Halo.

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 04:10:08 PM »

I honestly hope the next game they make is Mac exclusive...

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 09:14:06 PM »

Honestly, who voted who is Bungie?  Get off this site right now!  Anyways, I picked it's great because they have creative control over their games now and aren't pigeon-holed with Halo.  Also, now we might get some Bungie Wii games! 

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 12:27:07 AM »

Rofl. That vote was hilarious.

Follow me on Twitter
Tan
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 12:40:02 AM »

Everyone seems to think this is like some big parting of ways or something. In truth they've got as much freedom in the near future as a young couple living next door to parents who have the extra house keys lol.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 09:15:42 AM »

^Good point. MS still has a significant equity interest in Bungie from what I've read. I think this mostly means that Bungie will be able to make non-Halo games if they choose.

I just hope that this will still allow for new Halo 3 maps to come out ASAP!

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 11:04:14 AM »

It's kind of sad that Bungie had to buy back their name in order to make MS let them stop making Halo. Says a lot about Microsoft Game Studios and their philosophy...

Follow me on Twitter
Tan
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 11:48:15 AM »

It's kind of sad that Bungie had to buy back their name in order to make MS let them stop making Halo. Says a lot about Microsoft Game Studios and their philosophy...

It says smart business. MS gets future Halo from Bungie, and doesn't have to publish crappy titles they shit out unless they want to. On top of that they get a wad of cash and retain equity within the company. Win win if you ask me and Bungie agreed to it.

Don't kid yourself thinking that the video game industry is anything but a entertainment medium built for large profits. Creative content takes a back seat to making money. It was a profit driven business when Microsoft and Atari were founded in the 70's, and it's even more so now. $10 VC games and 40gig crippled PS3's, it's all about low cost max profit.

I'm not trying to defend Microsoft, I don't kid myself thinking they are anything but a behemoth of a corporate giant, but don't criticize them like you think Sony or Nintendo's shit don't stink either. Sony would do the same thing if they were in their place, and the fanboys would sing their praises for doing it.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 11:50:48 AM »

Doesn't matter to me.

Keith you rule!

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 01:51:07 PM »

It says smart business. MS gets future Halo from Bungie, and doesn't have to publish crappy titles they shit out unless they want to. On top of that they get a wad of cash and retain equity within the company. Win win if you ask me and Bungie agreed to it.

Don't kid yourself thinking that the video game industry is anything but a entertainment medium built for large profits. Creative content takes a back seat to making money. It was a profit driven business when Microsoft and Atari were founded in the 70's, and it's even more so now. $10 VC games and 40gig crippled PS3's, it's all about low cost max profit.

I'm not trying to defend Microsoft, I don't kid myself thinking they are anything but a behemoth of a corporate giant, but don't criticize them like you think Sony or Nintendo's shit don't stink either. Sony would do the same thing if they were in their place, and the fanboys would sing their praises for doing it.

BURN!!!  evilhappy flamethrower

I agree 100%.

Samada
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 02:51:09 PM »

Meh, I don't care either way. I guess it's kinda cool that they are independent now.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length